🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

As Predicted, Democrats Using Ferguson Riots To Register Voters

No one can demonstrate another means by which one could prove they are of legal age to buy alcohol (or a gun, or whatever) without an ID.

I, however, have asked Voter ID proponents to provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID. They have never been able to do so.

Thus the idiocy of the "you need an ID to buy beer" argument.

So, you make it a privilege, not a right, to vote?

I guess it already is.

In america you need valid ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, fly, cash a check, rent a car...etc.countless other transactions....

Is anyone saying that requiring an ID to buying alcohol, cigarettes, cashing checks, etc..violate their "rights"?
You guys pretend to be so intelligent ..but can sure play dumb when it suits your purpose.

purposely mischaracterizing and distorting is what you do best...carry on.No one is fooled by all that misdirection.
You partisans are funny!
Give every American an ID. Until you get 100% a signature will suffice

It has worked for hundreds of years

Please show me anywhere where Americans are denied access to ID

And further, not having to register guns or have a background check worked for hundreds of years as well.

Hey slavery worked for hundreds of years as well.

Things change.
If its that easy, I'm sure you are willing to hold off on voter ID until 100% of Americans have an acceptable ID

Then we don't have to worry about political games over what is acceptable

WHo is being prevented from getting an acceptable ID?

Those who do not drive, those with errors in their birth certificates, students, the elderly

I find the Texas law humorous in that it accepts a handgun permit as proof but won't accept a student ID

How do handgun voters vote vs how do students vote?

I guess it already is.

In america you need valid ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, fly, cash a check, rent a car...etc.countless other transactions....

Is anyone saying that requiring an ID to buying alcohol, cigarettes, cashing checks, etc..violate their "rights"?
You guys pretend to be so intelligent ..but can sure play dumb when it suits your purpose.

purposely mischaracterizing and distorting is what you do best...carry on.No one is fooled by all that misdirection.
You partisans are funny!

And further, not having to register guns or have a background check worked for hundreds of years as well.

Things change.
If its that easy, I'm sure you are willing to hold off on voter ID until 100% of Americans have an acceptable ID

It is sad that we have alleged "right wingers" demanding more government without demanding evidence it be efficacious. It is even more sad those same people want more barriers to exercising the right to vote. How these people can call themselves "conservatives" is beyond me.

Voter ID fails to stop or prevent the types of fraud which occur. You know what I call people who demand taxpayer money be spent on completely useless government programs?

LIBERALS.

The burden of proof is on those who want more government. You want Voter ID? Then the burden is on you to prove it works.

It doesn't. Voter fraud is still occurring in those states which have Voter ID. Even in those states with the strictest Voter ID requirements.

Time to wake up and start using those two brain cells God gave you.

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!

Things change.

Those who do not drive, those with errors in their birth certificates, students, the elderly

I find the Texas law humorous in that it accepts a handgun permit as proof but won't accept a student ID

You know what I find humorous? People who won't admit that the people you are crying about have ID. You cant get social security without ID. You can't cash a check without ID, you can't do MANY things without ID.

Oh I'm sure there are a few people who have a hard time getting ID, tough shit, figure it out.

Oh and the reason they accept a handgun license but not a student ID is because a student ID is NOT a government issued ID. The handgun license is.

Now here's the funniest part about that. You can NOT get a student ID without having a valid state ID at ANY college. So how did they get their student ID?

No one can demonstrate another means by which one could prove they are of legal age to buy alcohol (or a gun, or whatever) without an ID.

I, however, have asked Voter ID proponents to provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID. They have never been able to do so.

That doesn't make any sense. How would you prove it if a person with no ID voted illegally but would have voted legally with one? It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.

That doesn't make any sense. How would you prove it if a person with no ID voted illegally but would have voted legally with one? It's common sense that no ID enables much more opportunity for fraud just like no lD requirement for alcohol would lead to more underage drinking.
Please provide just one case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by an ID.

Inside their pointy heads, Voter ID proponents have an imaginary scenario of voter fraud. A mysterious figure arrives and tells the nice old lady he is Joe Smith of 123 Main Street. The nice old lady verifies Joe Smith of 123 Main Street is on the registered voters list and with a big ol' smile, hands the mysterious figure a ballot.

There are three problems with this scenario:

1) We have no evidence of this happening.

2) It would require a massive army of conspirators to pull off this kind of fraud on a scale large enough to swing an election. Which means it would be inevitable this army of conspirators would be caught. Why? See number 3).

3). Five minutes after the mysterious stranger casts a ballot in Joe Smith's name, the real Joe Smith arrives at the voting precinct to vote. Hilarity ensues.

So, basically, Voter ID morons want Voter ID based entirely on a fantasy, and not on any factual basis. They cannot provide a case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

Inside their pointy heads, Voter ID proponents have an imaginary scenario of voter fraud. A mysterious figure arrives and tells the nice old lady he is Joe Smith of 123 Main Street. The nice old lady verifies Joe Smith of 123 Main Street is on the registered voters list and with a big ol' smile, hands the mysterious figure a ballot.

There are three problems with this scenario:

1) We have no evidence of this happening.

2) It would require a massive army of conspirators to pull off this kind of fraud on a scale large enough to swing an election. Which means it would be inevitable this army of conspirators would be caught. Why? See number 3).

3). Five minutes after the mysterious stranger casts a ballot in Joe Smith's name, the real Joe Smith arrives at the voting precinct to vote. Hilarity ensues.

So, basically, Voter ID morons want Voter ID based entirely on a fantasy, and not on any factual basis. They cannot provide a case of actual voter fraud which could only have been prevented or stopped by Voter ID.

I've been voting for 40 years and never had anyone vote under my name. I also never heard of anyone that happened to

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!

Things change.

You know what I find humorous? People who won't admit that the people you are crying about have ID. You cant get social security without ID. You can't cash a check without ID, you can't do MANY things without ID.

Oh I'm sure there are a few people who have a hard time getting ID, tough shit, figure it out.

Oh and the reason they accept a handgun license but not a student ID is because a student ID is NOT a government issued ID. The handgun license is.

Now here's the funniest part about that. You can NOT get a student ID without having a valid state ID at ANY college. So how did they get their student ID?

I'm with you big guy

If getting an ID is so easy, why can't the government make sure that everyone has one prior to requiring an ID for voting

If granny does not have an ID....get her one

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!

Things change.

I'm with you big guy

If getting an ID is so easy, why can't the government make sure that everyone has one prior to requiring an ID for voting

If granny does not have an ID....get her one

I bet if granny was told her gummit check wasn't coming until she produced a valid ID she'd get one lickety split.

Once we have the entire population carrying federally approved papers, under the pretense of Voter ID, it will be easier to control the movements of the population.

REAL ID Act of 2005.

And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

Papers! Papers, please!

2enu7v5.jpg

Once we have the entire population carrying federally approved papers, under the pretense of Voter ID, it will be easier to control the movements of the population.

And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

Papers! Papers, please!

2enu7v5.jpg

Link to who's said Granny needs to carry "her papers" with her at all times please.

Also, are you suggesting that only a Nazi like government would force people to carry ID on them simply because the were exercising their rights?

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!

Things change.

My mother in law collected her social security, without a photo issued government ID, WITHOUT gestapo "Papers", she did not learn how to drive until she was 76, when she got her first issued gvt photo ID that would have been legal for her to use to vote, in the states with such laws....

I did not need a government photo id to get my drivers license, or to even get served in a bar, nor to get my first checking account, nor for my check cashing card at the grocery store, and I am not that old, not even a senior citizen.... so this thought that everyone needs a government issued photo id in order to get along in our country is a fairly recent thing, since after 9/11.....

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!
If everyone has easy access to a government issued photo id, then why do millions of Americans not have one already?

You tell me.

Link to who's said Granny needs to carry "her papers" with her at all times please.

The REAL ID Act and Voter ID are just the beginning. The boiling toad analogy, as it were.

Also, are you suggesting that only a Nazi like government would force people to carry ID on them simply because the were exercising their rights?

A totalitarian government would like everyone to carry ID at all times, yes.

Voter ID proponents are channeling their inner totalitarian.

I guess it already is.

You partisans are funny!

Things change.

My mother in law collected her social security, without a photo issued government ID, WITHOUT gestapo "Papers", she did not learn how to drive until she was 76, when she got her first issued gvt photo ID that would have been legal for her to use to vote, in the states with such laws....

I did not need a government photo id to get my drivers license, or to even get served in a bar, nor to get my first checking account, nor for my check cashing card at the grocery store, and I am not that old, not even a senior citizen.... so this thought that everyone needs a government issued photo id in order to get along in our country is a fairly recent thing, since after 9/11.....

ok..we should abandon all forms of id..anyone can drive...anyone can fly..anyone can cash any check they want...No id required for minors to buy alcohol or cigarettes...everyone can do anything they want to.
you guys are absurd

ok..we should abandon all forms of id..anyone can drive...anyone can fly..anyone can cash any check they want...No id required for minors to buy alcohol or cigarettes...everyone can do anything they want to.
you guys are absurd

Apples and oranges.

Please see post #341. Thank you.

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!
If everyone has easy access to a government issued photo id, then why do millions of Americans not have one already?

You tell me.
Because they haven't needed one in order to live in this country, they are already established with bank accounts and check cashing cards and all the things you say they need a government photo id for....they don't....and why should they have to go out and get one, just for voting, when they have been registered to vote for 20-60 years already?

I guess it already is.

?
You partisans are funny!

You tell me.
Because they haven't needed one in order to live in this country, they are already established with bank accounts and check cashing cards and all the things you say they need a government photo id for....they don't....and why should they have to go out and get one, just for voting, when they have been registered to vote for 20-60 years already?

You can not cash a check without a photo ID..you can not fly without one..you must have a drivers license to legally drive. young people have to show one to buy alcohol or cigarettes
You should need to show a valid ID to vote.

Play word games or pretend you're a sharp lawyer looking for loopholes and excuses...whatever amuses you.

The idea that no one in america needs an ID for anything is ridiculous.

If 90% of the people have an acceptable government ID, that means 10% don't
I would rather put up with the tenth of a percent voter fraud than deny 10% of the population the right to vote

Voter ID Brennan Center for Justice

Last edited:

Forum List

Back