As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

No...it was not. That's not what we were talking about. My position was that left-wing policy always leads to collapse. I then listed Cuba, the U.S.S.R., Cambodia, Detroit, and Illinois.

We are talking about the fiscal issues of IL as they relate to the economy. Otherwise, what do you care and what does it matter what the pension obligations are? If you're saying that running deficits doesn't impact economic growth, then who fucking cares what the fiscal picture looks like? Your argument defeats itself! I don't even have to do anything other than point out the contradictions.

You asked how left-wing policy collapsed Illinois. I explained to you that they were on the verge of bankruptcy because their idiotic pension policy now accounts for 100% of their total budget.

It didn't collapse IL because IL's economy continues to grow - and grow faster than the economy of the right-wing meth lab known as Kansas, that cut its taxes because trickle down, supply side, blah blah.

Stop the bullshit you don't have a clue about Illinois..

Stop the bullshit you don't have a clue about Illinois...

I'm just reciting facts and the facts are that IL had better job growth, business growth, and GDP growth than Kansas did after KS cut their taxes.

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me.

Well, the reason is because outside of Chicago, the rest of IL is red state welfare country.

Order takers are already being replaced and machines can already make better assembly line burgers than humans. It's only a matter of time and economics. Keep jacking the MW and it will happen sooner.

Well, as we wait for something to happen that might or might not, we have to concern ourselves with the current state of employment today. You're putting the cart before the horse.

And TODAY McDonalds is replacing order takers with kiosks.

There was a time, not too long ago, when the idea of having to pump your own gas was unheard of. Heck, you had a teenager come out and pump your gas, check your tires, water and oil. You didn't have to even get out of your car. Sure, burger flipping jobs will always be around. </sarcasm>

Well, as I understand it the gas station thing isn't done by robots, and only certain states have that (like NJ). In my state of GA, I pump my own gas, and there aren't Full Serve stations that I know of in the greater Atlanta area, where you would expect them.
What does it matter if the gas is pumped by robots? The bottom line remains, economics replaced the teenager with the self-serve pump. Do you think anyone would hesitate to replace more workers with more machines when it's cheaper to do so? We already know they would not.

Hard for a business to make money when customers have no job and no money.
Sounds like a good reason for government to get out of the way and let the market generate jobs and income.

The market has been doing most of that in China sadly.

I'm just reciting facts and the facts are that IL had better job growth, business growth, and GDP growth than Kansas did after KS cut their taxes.

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption.

Order takers are already being replaced and machines can already make better assembly line burgers than humans. It's only a matter of time and economics. Keep jacking the MW and it will happen sooner.

Well, as we wait for something to happen that might or might not, we have to concern ourselves with the current state of employment today. You're putting the cart before the horse.

There was a time, not too long ago, when the idea of having to pump your own gas was unheard of. Heck, you had a teenager come out and pump your gas, check your tires, water and oil. You didn't have to even get out of your car. Sure, burger flipping jobs will always be around. </sarcasm>

Well, as I understand it the gas station thing isn't done by robots, and only certain states have that (like NJ). In my state of GA, I pump my own gas, and there aren't Full Serve stations that I know of in the greater Atlanta area, where you would expect them.
What does it matter if the gas is pumped by robots? The bottom line remains, economics replaced the teenager with the self-serve pump. Do you think anyone would hesitate to replace more workers with more machines when it's cheaper to do so? We already know they would not.

Sounds like a good reason for government to get out of the way and let the market generate jobs and income.

We've increased our costs to the point it's cheaper to do it over there.

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me.

Well, the reason is because outside of Chicago, the rest of IL is red state welfare country.

Lmfao, you are trying to post that as fact? And talking to a Illinois guy for 38 years?

You know how many blacks are in Rock Ford and East St. Louis ?

Spring field is fine, lake county is rich .

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption

south Carolina, paradise?

maybe for white Christian supremacist males.

not for anyone else.

you have to be a moron to hate unions if you work, btw...

oh right.

We've increased our costs to the point it's cheaper to do it over there.

So is letting the market continue this way the answer?

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption..

But it's South Carolina.

Lmfao, you are trying to post that as fact? And talking to a Illinois guy for 38 years?

You know how many blacks are in Rock Ford and East St. Louis ?

Spring field is fine, lake county is rich .

States with Higher Welfare Recipients than Employed Population
The following listing of states has more residents that receive welfare versus an employed population.

1. California
2. New Mexico
3. Hawaii
4. Mississippi
5. Alabama
6. South Carolina
7. Illinois
8. Kentucky
9. Ohio
10. New York
11. Maine

15 Welfare Statistics by Race, State and Payment | BrandonGaille.com

oh look... south Carolina is even worse. :rofl:

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption

not for anyone else.

oh right.

not for anyone else.

oh right.

Yea it's paradise my front door

1498761041809-1349192490.jpg

not for anyone else.

oh right.

not for anyone else.

oh right.

Yea it's paradise my front door

View attachment 136169

My backyard

14987611761591098981113.jpg

Forum List

Back