As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

I'm just reciting facts and the facts are that IL had better job growth, business growth, and GDP growth than Kansas did after KS cut their taxes.

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption

south Carolina, paradise?

maybe for white Christian supremacist males.

not for anyone else.

you have to be a moron to hate unions if you work, btw...

oh right.

I'm just reciting facts and the facts are that IL had better job growth, business growth, and GDP growth than Kansas did after KS cut their taxes.

Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me

Btw look at my handle, look at my AV I am a Chicago guy, who left for paradise to South Carolina... Low taxes, low cost of living and no bullshit Union's and Democrat corruption

south Carolina, paradise?

maybe for white Christian supremacist males.

not for anyone else.

you have to be a moron to hate unions if you work, btw...

oh right.

Yea it's paradise my front door

View attachment 136169

My backyard

View attachment 136170

Careful, there's an ornery alligator hiding about 4 feet offshore to your right... and he looks hungry. :eek:

"Feed the alligators and you get bigger alligators." -- Helen Gurley Brown

And TODAY McDonalds is replacing order takers with kiosks.

What does it matter if the gas is pumped by robots? The bottom line remains, economics replaced the teenager with the self-serve pump. Do you think anyone would hesitate to replace more workers with more machines when it's cheaper to do so? We already know they would not.

Hard for a business to make money when customers have no job and no money.
Sounds like a good reason for government to get out of the way and let the market generate jobs and income.

The market has been doing most of that in China sadly.
We've increased our costs to the point it's cheaper to do it over there.

So is letting the market continue this way the answer?
What solution do you have that does not compel Americans to purchase higher priced goods and services?

Hard for a business to make money when customers have no job and no money.
Sounds like a good reason for government to get out of the way and let the market generate jobs and income.

What solution do you have that does not compel Americans to purchase higher priced goods and services?

Is just letting the market continue this way the answer? You seemed to be suggesting that.

Is just letting the market continue this way the answer? You seemed to be suggesting that.
I would like things to be different, but I don't know of a way to change what the market is doing without harming both American buying power and the ability of the third world to modernize.

I would like things to be different, but I don't know of a way to change what the market is doing without harming both American buying power and the ability of the third world to modernize.

It is certainly not an easy question.

Personally I think the corporate taxes should be revamped. Any company that hires here, pays well, and gives good benefits pays really low taxes. Hire few and import everything and high corp taxes.

My backyard

You certainly have a very nice piece of property there, so good for you for snagging it. Moving from urban areas to rural areas isn't for everyone, though. Some people prefer to live in large cities. In fact, most Americans live in or near big cities, and rural populations have declined. You should also note that the folks who move from those areas to rural ones don't suddenly change their politics because of where they live, largely. That's why states that weren't competitive before are now...Blue Staters are moving to red states and bringing their blue state values with them. I live in one of those states (GA) that is seeing an influx of folks from the NE and West Coast. In fact, Atlanta itself is one of the five fastest growing cities in the country, and a lot of that growth is from out-of-state workers coming here for things like the booming film industry (Marvel movies, Walking Dead, Hunger Games, etc.).

As much as I despise his politics, Governor Deal has done a great job bringing businesses to the state. But in doing so, he has moderated himself a great deal (no pun intended), opposing carrying on college campuses, opposing "religious liberty" bills, expanding medial marijuana access (CBD oil in particular), and keeping the generous tax breaks that many film and TV productions use to film down here when states like North Carolina, Michigan, and Louisiana let the tax breaks lapse.

Last edited:
Look at the two states..who the hell once again would want to move to Kansas..yet people fled the corruption and high taxes of Illinois... Like me.

Well, the reason is because outside of Chicago, the rest of IL is red state welfare country.

Lmfao, you are trying to post that as fact? And talking to a Illinois guy for 38 years?

You know how many blacks are in Rock Ford and East St. Louis ?

Spring field is fine, lake county is rich .

States with Higher Welfare Recipients than Employed Population
The following listing of states has more residents that receive welfare versus an employed population.

1. California
2. New Mexico
3. Hawaii
4. Mississippi
5. Alabama
6. South Carolina
7. Illinois
8. Kentucky
9. Ohio
10. New York
11. Maine

15 Welfare Statistics by Race, State and Payment | BrandonGaille.com

oh look... south Carolina is even worse. :rofl:
California is a donor State and has the largest economy of any State in the US.

The economy of California is large enough to be comparable to that of the largest of countries. As of 2016, the gross state product (GSP) is about $2.514 trillion, the largest in the United States.--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California#Economy

Any more excuses, right wingers?

We are talking about the fiscal issues of IL as they relate to the economy. Otherwise, what do you care and what does it matter what the pension obligations are?
Wow...so after being exposed twice now for not having a clue about economics, you want to attempt to twist this into "your argument defeats itself because who cares what the state does"? People care because their taxes are being wasted. People care because new taxes to cover the failed left-wing policy will hurt their pocketbooks, their businesses, their families, etc. People care because in this country, the government answers to the people.

You continue to illustrate why high school students shouldn't hop on message boards to discuss politics. You're way out of your league here son. You literally can't figure out which way is up. You don't understand how government works, you don't understand basic economics, and you don't understand policy. You should go play some video games now and let the adults talk.

We are talking about the fiscal issues of IL as they relate to the economy. Otherwise, what do you care and what does it matter what the pension obligations are?
Wow...so after being exposed twice now for not having a clue about economics, you want to attempt to twist this into "your argument defeats itself because who cares what the state does"? People care because their taxes are being wasted. People care because new taxes to cover the failed left-wing policy will hurt their pocketbooks, their businesses, their families, etc. People care because in this country, the government answers to the people.

You continue to illustrate why high school students shouldn't hop on message boards to discuss politics. You're way out of your league here son. You literally can't figure out which way is up. You don't understand how government works, you don't understand basic economics, and you don't understand policy. You should go play some video games now and let the adults talk.

Your understanding of economics seems rather limited...

What do you see growing the economy?

It didn't collapse IL because IL's economy continues to grow
That's an incredibly ignorant statement. If the state of Illinois files for bankruptcy (which they are on the verge of doing) or they are forced to raise taxes to exorbitant levels (which will drive out businesses), then the state of Illinois collapsed.

You're trying to credit the government with any achievement of private industry. Sorry snowflake, it doesn't work that way. If private industry is still able to grow in Illinois despite the state's dire financial situation, that doesn't alleviate the state of their failed left-wing policies which lead to them filing bankruptcy.

Last edited:
That still tops your understanding of basic economics - which is completely non-existant.
Wealth is essentially created in two ways: through innovation (such as Apple creating the iPhone and the iPad) and through efficiency (such as Construction Robotics creating the Semi-Automated Mason).

In the case of SAM (or - more specifically - other models that are more advanced) - a machine can be programmed to lay an entire concrete foundation. It can work all day and night. That means more homes can be built faster at a cheaper price. It's faster than human labor and it doesn't get sick or need vacation time. That makes it exponentially more efficient than human labor. That generates wealth. Both for the construction company and for the consumers who are now playing less for a home.

In the case of Apple, their innovation created a product which made people more productive. They had communications, apps, etc. at their fingertips. They could get more done in less time. That also generates wealth, both for Apple and for the consumer who is more efficient and effective.

That is why paying everyone to dig a hole in their backyard and then fill it in does not create economic prosperity. Because it is neither innovative nor efficient. This is so basic - it's truly tragic that both you and Derp are completely clueless about it.

That still tops your understanding of basic economics - which is completely non-existant.
Wealth is essentially created in two ways: through innovation (such as Apple creating the iPhone and the iPad) and through efficiency (such as Construction Robotics creating the Semi-Automated Mason).

In the case of SAM (or - more specifically - other models that are more advanced) - a machine can be programmed to lay an entire concrete foundation. It can work all day and night. That means more homes can be built faster at a cheaper price. It's faster than human labor and it doesn't get sick or need vacation time. That makes it exponentially more efficient than human labor. That generates wealth. Both for the construction company and for the consumers who are now playing less for a home.

In the case of Apple, their innovation created a product which made people more productive. They had communications, apps, etc. at their fingertips. They could get more done in less time. That also generates wealth, both for Apple and for the consumer who is more efficient and effective.

That is why paying everyone to dig a hole in their backyard and then fill it in does not create economic prosperity. Because it is neither innovative nor efficient. This is so basic - it's truly tragic that both you and Derp are completely clueless about it.

You didn't answer the question.

It didn't collapse IL because IL's economy continues to grow
That's an incredibly ignorant statement. If the state of Illinois files for bankruptcy (which they are on the verge of doing) or they are forced to raise taxes to exorbitant levels (which will drive out businesses), then the state of Illinois collapsed.

You're trying to credit the government with any achievement of private industry. Sorry snowflake, it doesn't work that way. If private industry is still able to grow in Illinois despite the state's dire financial situation, that doesn't alleviate the state of their failed left-wing policies which lead to them filing bankruptcy.
I think they simply need to legalize marijuana.

A higher wage means capital will be seeking gains from efficiency.

LOL! Ask an adult for help...

Yep....like automating jobs and putting labor completely out of work. Which you lefties will then lose your shit about and insist that society must provide for all of those people.

LOL! Ask an adult for help...

I don't think an adult can answer the question for you. Do you always dodge?

Yep....like automating jobs and putting labor completely out of work. Which you lefties will then lose your shit about and insist that society must provide for all of those people.
lol. It is just your Standard, "right wing hate on the poor" that keeps you in your obsolete propaganda and rhetoric. The left has a solution. It is called unemployment Compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States. It is a market friendly solution. The right wing does not like it, Because the poor may benefit.

But you didn't actually articulate how IL's fiscal issues impact the state's economy. That was my point; that despite its fiscal issues, IL still manages to have a better-performing economy and job market than the state of KS, which was ground zero for right-wing, trickle-down/supply-side/voodoo/blah blah policy. You say it hits them in the pocketbook, how so? How does IL's deficit affect your pocketbook as an IL resident? It doesn't. So you've tried to make this about emotion rather than economics. Do people really care about their taxes "being wasted"? And why are you saying that pensions are "waste"? Pensions get spent in the economy, tax cuts don't.

Spare me your Dunning-Kruger bullshit. You made a claim you can't back up. You tried to tie two things together that aren't intrinsically linked.

Forum List

Back