As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

So you totally ignored the part where the restaurant owner said she raised prices and added a service charge. Willfully blind....

One owner does not a trend make. Secondly, restaurants are notoriously one of the least successful businesses there are. 80% of restaurants fail in their first year, and 90% fail by their second. So an owner can say that a higher MW means they have to charge more, but plenty of other restaurants didn't do that and managed to be successful.

It is grotesque entitlement to justify paying a low wage just so you can own a business. If you cannot run a business and provide your workers a living wage, then you aren't a good business owner and you probably shouldn't own a businesses.

Nah...it'll be just like they did not get a raise at all since businesses will charge more for their products to make up the difference.

Yeah, that isn't true either. In fact, a year into Seattle's MW hike specifically, they didn't see an increase in price that corresponded with the wage increase. So this Conservative conventional wisdom is entirely false.

So you totally ignored the part where the restaurant owner said she raised prices and added a service charge.

Willfully blind....

So what? Is it that important to you that people work for shit wages so you can save 50 cents on a crappy burger?

It's going to happen across the board you nitwit!!
Everywhere there are min wage workers you're going to pay a higher price.

The study left out large employers. Tell us why.
Why do you ask for proof you will just deny as soon as you see it?

"...critics of the research pointed out what they saw as serious shortcomings. In particular, to avoid confusing establishments that were subject to the minimum with those that were not, the authors did not include large employers with locations both inside and outside of Seattle in their calculations. Skeptics argued that omission could explain the unusual results..."

Analysis | A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals
You still haven't said why you ask for proof you know you will deny.

Quit accusing me of being you.
There's my Goebbels! When cornered, deflect and twist! Everyday, the same, tried tested and proven, always the same! 15 an hour is bad, for the reasons already stated, libbot lies not withstanding.

Not if you need someone to make you hamburgers.
Look at San Fran. They can't staff retail storefronts.
You seem to know business well.
If you own a cafe in Seattle, and your labor costs go up by 30% overnight, what would you specifically do to pay for those additional labor costs?

I would do a better job of advertising my business so those people whose wages increased 30% spent their increased earnings at my business. How would you do it? Be lazy?

Nah...it'll be just like they did not get a raise at all since businesses will charge more for their products to make up the difference.

Yeah, that isn't true either. In fact, a year into Seattle's MW hike specifically, they didn't see an increase in price that corresponded with the wage increase. So this Conservative conventional wisdom is entirely false.

So you totally ignored the part where the restaurant owner said she raised prices and added a service charge.

Willfully blind....

So what? Is it that important to you that people work for shit wages so you can save 50 cents on a crappy burger?

So what? Do you really want to live in a country that depends on a huge class of working poor to sustain the well off?

lol, who am I asking....

Please. They don't care about consumers. All they care about is the gross entitlement they feel business owners have to pay employees a low wage just so they can own a business. That's entitlement if there ever was.

So you totally ignored the part where the restaurant owner said she raised prices and added a service charge. Willfully blind....

One owner does not a trend make. Secondly, restaurants are notoriously one of the least successful businesses there are. 80% of restaurants fail in their first year, and 90% fail by their second. So an owner can say that a higher MW means they have to charge more, but plenty of other restaurants didn't do that and managed to be successful.

It is grotesque entitlement to justify paying a low wage just so you can own a business. If you cannot run a business and provide your workers a living wage, then you aren't a good business owner and you probably shouldn't own a businesses.

Bwahahahaha!!
Businesses are not going to eat the cost.
They'll either cut hours,lay people off or hike their prices.

The study left out large employers. Tell us why.
Why do you ask for proof you will just deny as soon as you see it?

"...critics of the research pointed out what they saw as serious shortcomings. In particular, to avoid confusing establishments that were subject to the minimum with those that were not, the authors did not include large employers with locations both inside and outside of Seattle in their calculations. Skeptics argued that omission could explain the unusual results..."

Analysis | A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals
You still haven't said why you ask for proof you know you will deny.

Quit accusing me of being you.
There's my Goebbels! When cornered, deflect and twist! Everyday, the same, tried tested and proven, always the same! 15 an hour is bad, for the reasons already stated, libbot lies not withstanding.

Why don't you explain why the study left out the large employers?

And try to do it without producing a big Texas pile of horseshit.

For someone to get a starter job with a min. wage of $15 an hour they better have absolutely perfect workdays, no mistakes... no flaws whatsoever.

Willfully blind....

So what? Do you really want to live in a country that depends on a huge class of working poor to sustain the well off?

lol, who am I asking....

Ya stupid fuck....
The min wage earners are going to pay the inflated prices as well.

Please. They don't care about consumers. All they care about is the gross entitlement they feel business owners have to pay employees a low wage just so they can own a business. That's entitlement if there ever was.

Most of these simpletons oppose a higher minimum wage on the assumption that liberals are for it. That is the sum total of their intellectual input on the subject.

Not if you need someone to make you hamburgers.
Look at San Fran. They can't staff retail storefronts.
You seem to know business well.
If you own a cafe in Seattle, and your labor costs go up by 30% overnight, what would you specifically do to pay for those additional labor costs?

I would do a better job of advertising my business so those people whose wages increased 30% spent their increased earnings at my business. How would you do it? Be lazy?

So your answer is to spend more money on advertising that may or may not work??
Yeah.....putting yourself deeper in the red is always a good business practice.

Willfully blind....

lol, who am I asking....

Ya stupid fuck....
The min wage earners are going to pay the inflated prices as well.

lol, are foo foo Seattle restaurants filled with minimum wage earners, as customers?

Forum List

Back