As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

Make no mistake, when Conservatives talk about "small business ownres" they're talking about the brats who think they're entitled to own a business and pay workers shitty wages. "Entitlement" is synonymous with "Conservatism".

If the federal government dictates the wages that a small business pays, who really owns that business?

If you think you're entitled to owning a business, then the people who work for you are entitled to a livable wage.
I've owned a business(three "s'' corps) for 20+ years. I've always paid over minimum-wage because the work requires that. There are plenty of businesses where the work is only worth Max - seven dollars an hour. Stocking shelves and flipping burgers is never worth more than seven dollars an hour…

Make no mistake, when Conservatives talk about "small business ownres" they're talking about the brats who think they're entitled to own a business and pay workers shitty wages. "Entitlement" is synonymous with "Conservatism".
There are exceptions, flipping burgers And stocking shelves are not careers, never should be thought of as careers. And most importantly never should be payed like they are careers.
Now I do occasionally have to hire seasonal work, so the employees get more money. I pay cash "under the table" that equals probably a bit more $'s than it's worth. But it's better than the hassle of dealing with the federal government.

I've owned a business(three "s'' corps) for 20+ years. I've always paid over minimum-wage because the work requires that. There are plenty of businesses where the work is only worth Max - seven dollars an hour. Stocking shelves and flipping burgers is never worth more than seven dollars an hour…

It's not up to you to determine the "worth" of someone's job and doing so just makes you look like someone who has to judge others in order to feel better about their own shitty station in life. This is the entitlement I'm talking about.

There are exceptions, flipping burgers And stocking shelves are not careers, never should be thought of as careers. And most importantly never should be payed like they are careers.
Now I do occasionally have to hire seasonal work, so the employees get more money. I pay cash "under the table" that equals probably a bit more $'s than it's worth. But it's better than the hassle of dealing with the federal government.

The world is changing and we are deep into a change to a service economy. Why was manufacturing a career job, but flipping burgers can't be? I think in many cases the manufacturing job was easier.

It's not up to you to determine the "worth" of someone's job and doing so just makes you look like someone who has to judge others in order to feel better about their own shitty station in life. This is the entitlement I'm talking about.
There are starter jobs and there are career jobs. In no way should they be paid the same… Or considered the same in anyway.

So is setting up straw men the only way you can argue? Fact is, I want people who handle my food to be paid well because I don't want those people to not give a shit about their job and serve me e-coli with a side of hepatitis. We may disagree on that, but I'm pretty sure that attitude of yours has resulted in you eating your fair share of spit, boogers, and cum in your food. More of that entitlement that seems to pervert Conservative thinking.

I don't believe you own a business. I don't believe anything you claim about yourself.

This is classic liberal logic, FORCE their half baked ideas on the people and assume their won't be any negative consequences. Of course this always blows up in their face so liberals will now defend their failure by stating they care and deflect with some 'hate the rich' talking points. Liberals, possibly the dumbest people on planet Earth.

Talk about half-baked! The idea that the wealthy will trickle-down tax cuts is the biggest half-baked idea in history.

Ahahaha right on cue a libwit takes a shot at the rich. Look fool Obama already raised taxes on the wealthy hence you have nothing to bitch about.

The world is changing and we are deep into a change to a service economy. Why was manufacturing a career job, but flipping burgers can't be? I think in many cases the manufacturing job was easier.
Flipping burgers and stocking shelves takes no intelligence, very little work ethic and and most importantly no skill. And no just showing up is not half of the battle…

There are starter jobs and there are career jobs. In no way should they be paid the same… Or considered the same in anyway.

Again, it's not your subjective, arbitrary judgement to make. Explain how you justify a career working an assembly line in a factory, yet not working an assembly line in a fast food joint? Both are demanding jobs. In fact, the fast food job might be tougher because it's so closely customer-facing whereas the manufacturing job isn't. Ever work a day in fast food? There's a reason turnover is so high.

Ahahaha right on cue a libwit takes a shot at the rich. Look fool Obama already raised taxes on the wealthy hence you have nothing to bitch about.

When Obama let the Bush Tax Cuts expire on the wealthy at the end of 2012, you Conservatives predicted job loss, a market collapse, and a recession. Wrong on all three. So since you were wrong then, why would you be right about anything today?

So is setting up straw men the only way you can argue? Fact is, I want people who handle my food to be paid well because I don't want those people to not give a shit about their job and serve me e-coli with a side of hepatitis. We may disagree on that, but I'm pretty sure that attitude of yours has resulted in you eating your fair share of spit, boogers, and cum in your food. More of that entitlement that seems to pervert Conservative thinking.

I don't believe you own a business. I don't believe anything you claim about yourself.
Entitlement is thinking you should get something for nothing...

Believe what you want... you're the type…

Flipping burgers and stocking shelves takes no intelligence, very little work ethic and and most importantly no skill. And no just showing up is not half of the battle…

Spoken as someone who has never worked a day in fast food in their lives. Try working the lunch shift at McDonald's. I doubt you'd last an hour.

That could also describe many manufacturing career jobs. So why is the manufacturing job a career?

Again, it's not your subjective, arbitrary judgement to make. Explain how you justify a career working an assembly line in a factory, yet not working an assembly line in a fast food joint? Both are demanding jobs. In fact, the fast food job might be tougher because it's so closely customer-facing whereas the manufacturing job isn't. Ever work a day in fast food? There's a reason turnover is so high.
The reason why it has a high turnover it's a start of job not a career… And should never be considered a career. Why do you think restaurant fail all the time?

Entitlement is thinking you should get something for nothing...

Exactly. Conservatives think business owners are entitled to owning a business and with that entitlement comes low wages in order to make a profit. Dude, that is entitlement.

Spoken as someone who has never worked a day in fast food in their lives. Try working the lunch shift at McDonald's. I doubt you'd last an hour.
I worked some starter jobs, for one, for the county digging ditches and picking up roadkill. There is no way that's worth more than seven dollars an hour. Because it's a starter job… Not a career

The reason why it has a high turnover it's a start of job not a career… And should never be considered a career. Why do you think restaurant fail all the time?

9 times out of 10 the restaurant fails because it doesn't fill the demand in the market.

But you haven't explained why you think someone working on a factory assembly line has a career but someone working on a fast food assembly line doesn't? What standard are you applying to this? Cause it seems like you're just pulling a standard from your rear end.

I worked some starter jobs, for one, for the county digging ditches and picking up roadkill. There is no way that's worth more than seven dollars an hour. Because it's a starter job… Not a career

So you've never worked fast food? So then why are you pretending as if you have some frame of reference? Wouldn't that mean you're just posturing?

Forum List

Back