As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

Make no mistake, when Conservatives talk about "small business ownres" they're talking about the brats who think they're entitled to own a business and pay workers shitty wages. "Entitlement" is synonymous with "Conservatism".
There are exceptions, flipping burgers And stocking shelves are not careers, never should be thought of as careers. And most importantly never should be payed like they are careers.
Now I do occasionally have to hire seasonal work, so the employees get more money. I pay cash "under the table" that equals probably a bit more $'s than it's worth. But it's better than the hassle of dealing with the federal government.

The world is changing and we are deep into a change to a service economy. Why was manufacturing a career job, but flipping burgers can't be? I think in many cases the manufacturing job was easier.
Flipping burgers and stocking shelves takes no intelligence, very little work ethic and and most importantly no skill. And no just showing up is not half of the battle…

That could also describe many manufacturing career jobs. So why is the manufacturing job a career?
A lot of manufacturing jobs take skill and punctuality… Working a split shift at McDonald's does not qualify as a career...

Entitlement is thinking you should get something for nothing...

Exactly. Conservatives think business owners are entitled to owning a business and with that entitlement comes low wages in order to make a profit. Dude, that is entitlement.
If you can't make the profit you desire there is no reason to ever own a small business, that is the only reason for a business is to make a profit. No one starts a business just to hire people… Fact

A lot of manufacturing jobs take skill and punctuality… Working a split shift at McDonald's does not qualify as a career...

You don't think it takes skill to cook and prepare food!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You don't think it takes skill to serve food? Obviously, you've done neither in your life, so you speak from a place of privilege and entitlement.

Sure hope you're not that patronizing to the fast food workers or restaurant workers. You'll be eating a lot of hair, spit, boogers, and cum.

I worked some starter jobs, for one, for the county digging ditches and picking up roadkill. There is no way that's worth more than seven dollars an hour. Because it's a starter job… Not a career

So you've never worked fast food? So then why are you pretending as if you have some frame of reference? Wouldn't that mean you're just posturing?
In high school I was a Pizza Hut delivery driver for a couple years, that job took absolutely no skill. Actually it was kind of fun.

Make no mistake, when Conservatives talk about "small business ownres" they're talking about the brats who think they're entitled to own a business and pay workers shitty wages. "Entitlement" is synonymous with "Conservatism".
There are exceptions, flipping burgers And stocking shelves are not careers, never should be thought of as careers. And most importantly never should be payed like they are careers.
Now I do occasionally have to hire seasonal work, so the employees get more money. I pay cash "under the table" that equals probably a bit more $'s than it's worth. But it's better than the hassle of dealing with the federal government.

The world is changing and we are deep into a change to a service economy. Why was manufacturing a career job, but flipping burgers can't be? I think in many cases the manufacturing job was easier.
Flipping burgers and stocking shelves takes no intelligence, very little work ethic and and most importantly no skill. And no just showing up is not half of the battle…

That could also describe many manufacturing career jobs. So why is the manufacturing job a career?

And many manufacturing jobs don't. You haven't really made an argument. We are becoming more a service economy. Where do you see career jobs? Manufacturing is gone and need to be replaced.

If you can't make the profit you desire there is no reason to ever own a small business,

Exactly, and if you can only profit by paying your workers shitty wages, then you're s shitty business owner and you probably shouldn't own one. There are plenty of businesses that do pay their workers a livable wage and remain profitable. So how come some can do it and others cannot?

In high school I was a Pizza Hut delivery driver for a couple years, that job took absolutely no skill. Actually it was kind of fun.

Delivery driver, but not line cook. Not server. Not dishwasher. So you have no experience or frame of reference for the way you are judging people who actually do have that experience. Get the fuck over yourself.

You don't think it takes skill to cook and prepare food!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You don't think it takes skill to serve food? Obviously, you've done neither in your life, so you speak from a place of privilege and entitlement.

Sure hope you're not that patronizing to the fast food workers or restaurant workers. You'll be eating a lot of hair, spit, boogers, and cum.
Fast food requires very little prep, it's got too many preservatives to go bad.
If you can even call it food... lol
It's been years since I've even touched fast food… let alone eat any.

If you can't make the profit you desire there is no reason to ever own a small business,

Exactly, and if you can only profit by paying your workers shitty wages, then you're s shitty business owner and you probably shouldn't own one. There are plenty of businesses that do pay their workers a livable wage and remain profitable. So how come some can do it and others cannot?
You have to hire smartly, that's the biggest downfall of business ownership nowdays is the hired hand. Clock watching and Nintendo's are the enemy of the business owner.
Having a job is a privilege, not a right...

Delivery driver, but not line cook. Not server. Not dishwasher. So you have no experience or frame of reference for the way you are judging people who actually do have that experience. Get the fuck over yourself.
Of course you had to wash dishes at Pizza Hut, to be a cook at Pizza Hut all you just had to know is how to count - how many pepperonis, how many scoops of cheese how many squirts of oil and put in the pan for the dough, etc...
It's worth about seven dollars an hour to work at Pizza Hut… Max

Again, if you have never worked fast food before how can you say this? It takes as much skill to prepare a McDonald's hamburger as it does to push a button to operate a hydraulic press.

So you talk about a subject you know nothing about. Hmmm...seems par for the course.

You have to hire smartly, that's the biggest downfall of business ownership nowdays is the hired hand. Clock watching and Nintendo's are the enemy of the business owner.

You only get disengaged workers if you treat them like shit. Happy workers are productive workers. And paying people makes them happy.

So is owning a business.

Of course you had to wash dishes at Pizza Hut, to be a cook at Pizza Hut all you just had to know is how to count - how many pepperonis, how many scoops of cheese how many squirts of oil and put in the pan for the dough, etc...

Lots of manufacturing jobs require no more skill than that.

Again, if you have never worked fast food before how can you say this? It takes as much skill to prepare a McDonald's hamburger as it does to push a button to operate a hydraulic press.

So you talk about a subject you know nothing about. Hmmm...seems par for the course.
The fact remains, the business owner takes all the risk and responsibility and should determine what the work is worth not the other way around…

Right, and with an assembly line in a manufacturing plant, you're doing the same thing. So why is one a career but the other isn't?

The fact remains, the business owner takes all the risk and responsibility and should determine what the work is worth not the other way around…

No, the bank takes the risk because they're the ones providing the loan. If a business owner cannot be successful and pay their workers a living wage, then they shouldn't be entitled to owning a business.

You only get disengaged workers if you treat them like shit. Happy workers are productive workers. And paying people makes them happy.

So is owning a business.
The 3 ''S" corps I own, One is full-time, two are seasonal.
My main business is selling firearms and ammo, the doing it for 20+ years my main customers are military, sheriff/police and fire men. I pay my salesman good because A good salesman is money in the bank.
My other two are selling mining and logging permits, I hire under the table seasonal workers.
Those are worth no more than seven dollars an hour, basically all it takes is to show up punctually and work at early and long hours... no cell phones and clock watching are allowed. Lol

Last edited:

Right, and with an assembly line in a manufacturing plant, you're doing the same thing. So why is one a career but the other isn't?

If they do have a union, sure assembly-line workers are overpaid…

No, the bank takes the risk because they're the ones providing the loan. If a business owner cannot be successful and pay their workers a living wage, then they shouldn't be entitled to owning a business.
You keep on saying a living wage? That living wage should be determined on where they are at… You know cost of living.
It's called work for a reason, it should not be overly pleasant

If they do have a union, sure assembly-line workers are overpaid…

Ahhh, so it's not even about the type of job. You have determined what you think is the "worth" of these kind of jobs. Well, who are you to make that judgment?

Forum List

Back