As we get ready to, yet again, elect another leader ... can we ask the question?

Is there another way?

• Total voters
Do free, intelligent people, even need to be led at all?

Are we capable of envisioning a way for people to enjoy the benefits of a free society without having a single leader or group of leaders in control of every aspect of our lives?

We wouldn't need police if dirty scumbags would stop raping and killing and behave themselves. Same principle applies to needing a POTUS. Look how corrupt Washington has become and we are not even 300 years old yet as a country.
The wild west didn't have many police........it was settled with a gun or a rope...........This country still survived.

We wouldn't need police if dirty scumbags would stop raping and killing and behave themselves.

A society must, first and foremost, be a voluntary collective of individuals who agree on a certain standard of conflict.

The Amish, for example, don't jail people from their society if they disagree with the precepts of that society, they merely exclude them from participation in that society.

Are we capable of envisioning a way for people to enjoy the benefits of a free society without having a single leader or group of leaders in control of every aspect of our lives?

We wouldn't need police if dirty scumbags would stop raping and killing and behave themselves. Same principle applies to needing a POTUS. Look how corrupt Washington has become and we are not even 300 years old yet as a country.
The wild west didn't have many police........it was settled with a gun or a rope...........This country still survived.

Yes and people stunk and hardly ever bathed. Dems already put off a stench do you really want to go back to that? lol

We wouldn't need police if dirty scumbags would stop raping and killing and behave themselves.

A society must, first and foremost, be a voluntary collective of individuals who agree on a certain standard of conflict.

The Amish, for example, don't jail people from their society if they disagree with the precepts of that society, they merely exclude them from participation in that society.

So we can send the worst of the left into exile, I like it.

Yes, but we are not going to be able to do it by just dropping the screwed-up governing system.

We have to construct the ultimately efficient government first, and then we will have the tools necessary for a true democracy . . . using robots to deliver the security services.

Last edited:

Yes and people stunk and hardly ever bathed. Dems already put off a stench do you really want to go back to that? lol
More simple time...........constitution wasn't destroyed yet..............maybe we could introduce birth control and make sure Woodrow Wilson never existed..........the earliest father to these brain dead moonbats.

using robots to deliver the security services.

Something like this?

images.jpg

Without leaders, it would seem that laws could not be enforced or even agreed upon, much less rights...

Right come first. Laws are derived from rights, not vice versa.
Not everyone agrees as to what constitutes rights...much less who is entitled to them.

Start with a basic concept. Do I have the right to live or die as I see fit? Do I have the right to succeed or fail on my own terms?

Do I have a right to or am I entitled to any part of something created by another person?

1. As long as it does not affect the rights of others.
2. Same
3. Depends, for example if your labor went into it, you might.

Not everyone agrees on what constitutes basic rights. For example, the following are considered by some to be basic rights.
life
marriage
education
freedom from hunger
freedom from fear
healthcare
religious freedom

Without leaders, it would seem that laws could not be enforced or even agreed upon, much less rights...

Not everyone agrees as to what constitutes rights...much less who is entitled to them.

Start with a basic concept. Do I have the right to live or die as I see fit? Do I have the right to succeed or fail on my own terms?

Do I have a right to or am I entitled to any part of something created by another person?

2. Same

Not everyone agrees on what constitutes basic rights. For example, the following are considered by some to be basic rights.
life
marriage
education
freedom from hunger
freedom from fear
healthcare
religious freedom

when you say education is a right,, whats that mean???
does it mean someone else has to provide it???

freedom from hunger,,, whats that mean?? that I have to give you whats mine if you dont have anything???

what is freedom from fear exactly???

again with healthcare,,, whats that mean??
someone else has spend a lot of money to get educated to provide care for you at no cost???

2. Same

life
marriage
education
freedom from hunger
freedom from fear
healthcare
religious freedom

Agree with number 1
Agree with number 2
Number 3 depends on mutual agreement. What portion you own of something you helped to build is something you need to know before you agree to participate.

No one has the right to life. But no one has the right to take a life.
Marriage is something between two (or more) people. It should be of no concern to the state.
Education isn't a right if you are demanding someone else pay for it.
No one has a right to the food of another. People make choices that directly lead to whether or not they go hungry. If someone wants to feed his fellow human, that is his right. It is not the right of someone to demand my food.
How one Earth do you guarantee the rights of an individual to not be afraid? Everyone is afraid of different things. No one has the right to put another in fear.
No one has the right to healthcare if someone else has to pay for it.
What someone believes (or chooses not to believe) should be of no concern to the state.

Basically, no one is entitled to put demands on another.

I don't vote for a leader. I vote for a servant.

A river runs through the land I bought. You live south of me. Do I have the right to dam the river and cut you off from Water?

Can you poison the stream if you want to? You're doing what you want on your land.

To be fair, has a 'servant' been an option in our lifetime?

We are presented with a slate of choices, determined by a party, all with essentially the same goal in mind, take as much of what we have as they can to pretend to give it back to us with things they believe we want.

A river runs through the land I bought. You live south of me. Do I have the right to dam the river and cut you off from Water?

Can you poison the stream if you want to? You're doing what you want on your land.
you would be taking away his rights,,,,

I know not these intelligent people of which you speak.

To be fair, has a 'servant' been an option in our lifetime?

We are presented with a slate of choices, determined by a party, all with essentially the same goal in mind, take as much of what we have as they can to pretend to give it back to us with things they believe we want.

We've permitted our political class to make themselves royalty.

There is an ancient legal precept. "Your right to swing your fist, ends at my nose." (and vice versa)

Where conflict arises from a dispute over rights, that should be a civil disagreement, not a legislative one.

I know not these intelligent people of which you speak.

I disagree. Most humans, regardless of education, are smart. Stupidity on a detrimental scale typically only happens in groups.

The human need to belong to a collective often overrides intelligence.

TediousNeighboringAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

There is an ancient legal precept. "Your right to swing your fist, ends at my nose." (and vice versa)

Where conflict arises from a dispute over rights, that should be a civil disagreement, not a legislative one.

A civil disagreement? Explain.

Forum List

Back