Ask About A Verse ...

Ya, but if she were truly interested in teaching Qur'an and rectifying our ignorance she could deviate for sucha basic question. Only someone whose intent is something else is gonna be so rigid.

That's a pretty big ASSumption lol.

Not in my first-hand experience it isn't. Most Muslims are only too happy to answer every little question someone curious has.

It is You we worship and You we ask for help.
- Qur'an 1:5

Is 'You' Allah, and is Allah the God of Abraham?

There. :)

Well I'm NOT a Muslim but I do know the Qur'an. The Holy Qur'an answers your question in Surah 29:46 (from the Noble Qur'an:)

"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

This tells us that the God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims is one God, the God of Abraham.

It is You we worship and You we ask for help.
- Qur'an 1:5

Is 'You' Allah, and is Allah the God of Abraham?

There. :)

Well I'm NOT a Muslim but I do know the Qur'an. The Holy Qur'an answers your question in Surah 29:46 (from the Noble Qur'an:)

"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

This tells us that the God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims is one God, the God of Abraham.

Having read Qur'an as well I can say it made the point in sura 2 as well, several times. But thanks anyway. Was more about seeing how the OP'd answer. I have the answer, was curious about the OP more than the question. :)

Yes. I have a question: Why do Orthodox Muslims (who call themselves, "Sunni," "Shia," etc.) claim to be followers of Prophet Muhammad when Surah 6:159 says this:

"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did."

Nice question,

They (sunni,shia,alevi,wahhabi etc) have interesting claims for this, the sects are shaped according to "hadiths", Quran verses prohobits to believe in anything other than Quran as a source for Islam. So Allah says the only source for Islam is Quran, nothing else. But there are also some verses that orders to follow or obey prophet. Hadith followers always suggest these verses for their beliefs in "hadiths", but if you look at these verses carefully, you can easily realize that these verses orders to follow or obey prophet for people who were living in the time of the Prophet. Collecting stories about the prophet is not to following prophet, Quran also says obey to the people who have the authority on you, your father, your chief, your president, your teacher etc, why do muslims not collecting "hadiths" about these people ? Why they change their attitudes ? They contradict with themselves.

Ok, first question, and the most obvious one,

Is Allah, the God of Abraham? The deity Christians and Jews both worship?

Peace,

To be fair, Mineva did say about a specific verse, which you didn't cite.

Peace,
Ofo

Ya, but if she were truly interested in teaching Qur'an and rectifying our ignorance she could deviate for sucha basic question. Only someone whose intent is something else is gonna be so rigid.
lol....face it....you screwed up and she didn't fall for it.....

Sounds like Scripturalist Judaism vs Talmudic Judaism. As a Scripturalist Jew myself I profess only Tanach informs us about God's will. Talmud is just commentary by various rabbis, often contradicting each other. Unfortunately it's become authoratative instead of simply using God's word and the Prophets interpretations.

Hadiths, like Talmud get into some arcane questions. One I recall was someone asking Mohammed which direction he should pee in. :)

Peace,

Peace,
Ofo

Ok, how about this, how many blonde caucasian women can you think of who speak on behalf on Islam? How many Muslims can you name who'd accept her instruction as credible or authoritative?

Peace,

Peace,
Ofo

Ok, how about this, how many blonde caucasian women can you think of who speak on behalf on Islam? How many Muslims can you name who'd accept her instruction as credible or authoritative?
I don't judge her ability to speak on behalf of Muslims or yours to speak on behalf of Jews......I do judge your complaining she wouldn't answer your question when it wasn't the type of question she said she would answer......I judge it to be whining.......

Nice question,

They (sunni,shia,alevi,wahhabi etc) have interesting claims for this, the sects are shaped according to "hadiths", Quran verses prohobits to believe in anything other than Quran as a source for Islam. So Allah says the only source for Islam is Quran, nothing else. But there are also some verses that orders to follow or obey prophet. Hadith followers always suggest these verses for their beliefs in "hadiths", but if you look at these verses carefully, you can easily realize that these verses orders to follow or obey prophet for people who were living in the time of the Prophet. Collecting stories about the prophet is not to following prophet, Quran also says obey to the people who have the authority on you, your father, your chief, your president, your teacher etc, why do muslims not collecting "hadiths" about these people ? Why they change their attitudes ? They contradict with themselves.

Thank you, Ma'am:).

Yes, the Prophet did say that three generations after him will not be of him, according to the Bukhari hadith (Book #57, Hadith #2.) So all of his ummah has deviated from his path.

As-Salaam Alaikum.
Ofo

Yes, the Prophet did say that three generations after him will not be of him, according to the Bukhari hadith (Book #57, Hadith #2.) So all of his ummah has deviated from his path.

As-Salaam Alaikum.
Ofo

New generation muslims are much more aware of the issue, there is a rapid awareness among muslim youth. Everthing can change in a very short period of time.

New generation muslims are much more aware of the issue, there is a rapid awareness among muslim youth. Everthing can change in a very short period of time.

Yeah...one big nation or country called "Islamia" or something (all the Muslim countries united into one nation/country) would be very nice lol.

What was Iblis like before his "Fall"?

Do you view Satan as an Angel or a Djinn? I'm under the impression that Islam teaches that Iblis aka Shaitan is a Djinn who somehow ascended into the ranks of Angels, because when God commanded all of the Angels to bow down before Adam, Iblis refused and was banished from Eden, with his true punishment postponed until Judgement Day.

So... Angel? Djinn? Honorary Angel but really a Djinn? I have to say Djinn because I'm pretty sure the Quran mentions that Djinn have free will, and Angels do not.

If so, how does a Djinn even ascend into the ranks of Angels? Through epic devotion to God? What was Iblis like before Eden?

Peace,

Peace,
Ofo

Although my questions were legit, I also wanted to test her reaction, to study her and see if she is worthy enough for me to learn some Islam from her.

Alas... she obviously does not deserve the honor of helping me learn about other religions.

That's a pretty big ASSumption lol.

Not in my first-hand experience it isn't. Most Muslims are only too happy to answer every little question someone curious has.

yes----muslims are delighted with people interested
in knowing something about islam-----and are delighted
to supply the apologist Polemics elaborated by their
"scholars". The polemics remain unaltered since I first
encountered muslims more than 45 years ago.-----and all
seem to know they by rote

Forum List

Back