Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
No answer, Dune?

I'm not surprised. It says any person, not any American citizen.

Basically we can take no person into custody and punish them without a fair trial.

We can however allow the military in times of war or trouble to kill our enemies.

Otherwise all wars we've been involved with would have required us to take every enemy soldier into custody and hold a trial.

The founding fathers weren't retards.

The Constitution of The United states applies only to American citizens

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
LOL! You even can't read that for comprehension.

Pretty pathetic.

Read my signature

Due process is the legal principle that the government must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person according to the law. Due process holds the government subservient to the law of the land protecting individual persons from the state. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law it constitutes a due process violation which offends against the rule of law.
Due process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is the government supposed to give due process to someone hiding out in the foot hills of Yemen? if he turned himself in he would have recieved it.

Simple. They try him in absentia.
Having then CONVICTED him of treason,
and SENTENCED him to death,
The drone strike would be completely legal
and applauded by all.

Read my signature the first sentence. that comment of your's is the most stupidist comment I have ever read here,

:lol: Way to highlight your dishonesty!

So it my fault that she wrote a stupid comment? I didn';t force her to write it.

Due process applies to all persons under certain circumstances, not just citizens...

If you want to be honest you need to provide the link to this post for the full context of the remark.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...n-citizens-for-or-against-25.html#post4225825

Here it is again for you, dummy.

Make an effort to read it.

He wasn't "held."

The case arose during a time of war or public danger. The military is exempt from due process in this case.

Not that it applies since he wasn't held.

Now go right ahead and repeat one of your idiotic blurbs yet again.

SO, you think the president can send a drone to kill LA gangs then, huh?

Good to know! :razz:

2335398.jpg
:lol: He can send drones to kill stupid people on the internet.

Why else do you think our resident mini militiaman is so concerned...? :eusa_shhh:

:lol: Way to highlight your dishonesty!

So it my fault that she wrote a stupid comment? I didn';t force her to write it.

Due process applies to all persons under certain circumstances, not just citizens...

If you want to be honest you need to provide the link to this post for the full context of the remark.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...n-citizens-for-or-against-25.html#post4225825

Due process applies all the time period.

I have sigs turned off....but either way, you're pretty fucking stupid Buggerreb.

:thup:

Here's part of what it says buggereater ravi
Ravi on the Constitution 10/4/11
"Show me where it says due process applies to any American citizen."

I have sigs turned off....but either way, you're pretty fucking stupid Buggerreb.

Well, can you show where it specifies citizen or can't you..........?

And just to reiterate... You have yet to support YOUR contention that the fact of his American citizenship somehow differentiates al-Awlaki from any other enemy combatant in time of war.

Ravi, I'll let you know if he decides to be honest and add the link...

And just to reiterate... You have yet to support YOUR contention that the fact of his American citizenship somehow differentiates al-Awlaki from any other enemy combatant in time of war.

Don't worry about it. I've never noticed him to be honest before so I doubt he'll start now.

:lol: He can send drones to kill stupid people on the internet.

Why else do you think our resident mini militiaman is so concerned...? :eusa_shhh:
Your little snip is duely noted, I'll try to remeber it when a liberal's right's need to be defended.

Try to REMEMBER it's spelled DULY noted, spaz. :razz:

You would be the next one on his hit list

Seriously, Reb... You need to stop being so emotional and read for comprehension.

Liability summed the entire thing up and I went out of my way to put his posts together just now, in hopes that you might actually care to read them...

Awlaki was NOT denied due process, that is a lie.

When the openning sentence of the U.S. Constitution says we the people of the unitied states it's talking to and about UNITED STATES CITIZENS plus you have that pesky 14th amendment in the quoted post, and as for ravi being honest I'm still waiting to see that happen
The Constitution of The United states applies only to American citizens

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Parts of it have been extended by interpretation and generosity to noncitizens. But of course, at the core, it is a document about the rights and responsibilities of We the People of the United States.

I don't have an inkling of how to come to a meeting of the minds with people who don't understand that.

AMENDMENT XIV
Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Your little snip is duely noted, I'll try to remeber it when a liberal's right's need to be defended.

Try to REMEMBER it's spelled DULY noted, spaz. :razz:

You would be the next one on his hit list

Seriously, Reb... You need to stop being so emotional and read for comprehension.

Liability summed the entire thing up and I went out of my way to put his posts together just now, in hopes that you might actually care to read them...

Awlaki was NOT denied due process, that is a lie.
Or even Duely noted?

That's more and more what it's sounding like. That it's okay to kill someone just as long as you never charge them.

If you can't come up with a charge which would merit the death penalty, no problem. Just kill them outright.

Once you put them on the hitlist, double down because if you ever bring them in and the charges you come up with don't come close to meriting death, then you'll have some splainin' to do. So make sure you kill 'em.

Why should we charge enemy combatents?

Why should we charge anyone, if an accused child molestor is caught leaving the area of a crying child find the nearest tall tree grab a rope and hang the bastard.

A bit like shooting a couple of cops dead if you come upon them beating someone as you have advocated in another thread?

Last edited:
The guy was NOT assassinated ,he was killed on the battle field,as the enemy,it really is that simple.

No. you have it completely backwards.

Yemen is not a battlefield.

He was targeted by a drone.

He was clearly assassinated.

This war isn't two armies facing each other on a 'battlefield'.
It's terrorists hiding among civilians anywhere in the world that they can find a place to operate from.

"who are in a state of insurrection"

Nice try.

"Insurrectoin" an attempt to overthrow and established government, al Alwki calling for the destruction of the United States.

Yes, as a United States Citizen, that would be placing one's self in a state of insurrection.

>>>>

Calling for the distrruction of America is not the same as calling for the over throw of the government.

You must have very good eyesight to be able to split those hairs so finely.

"Insurrectoin" an attempt to overthrow and established government, al Alwki calling for the destruction of the United States.

Yes, as a United States Citizen, that would be placing one's self in a state of insurrection.

>>>>

Calling for the distrruction of America is not the same as calling for the over throw of the government.

You must have very good eyesight to be able to split those hairs so finely.

The government we have right now is not America. America will never fall the government will.

Forum List

Back