Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
:lol: Any minute now I expect you to shed tears over bin laden.

So standing up for an American citizens right for due process and I cry because bin ladin is dead? OH WOW did you think of that without any help? I WIN.:clap2:
The military isn't beholden to due process in this case.

Try reading the 5th Amendment for comprehension.

And then try reading it again for comprehension. Due process doesn't even apply to this terrorist's death.

Yes they are How does that oath go again? He's an American citizen, maybe you will be the next one I must defend.

Last edited:
The man evaded justice. The case to cease the US executive order against him was thrown out of federal court and the court reiterated it's deference to the executive order. He also had a dual citizenship in Yemen. He failed to appear in Yemeni court and ended up with a wanted dead or alive warrant on his head. The US military in cooperation with the Yemeni government shot to kill. There was no 5th amendment criminal due process owed to him at that point.

So we give all police department predoter drones and the FBI so we can take care of all those criminals on the run.

No, LittleReb, a thousand times NO. Thanks for demonstrating once again your lack of comprehension of the differences involved...

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend little girl DUE PROCESS and American citizenship go hand in hand.

Why should we charge enemy combatents?

If those enemy combatants are U.S. citizens, and if we know their name and are specifically seeking them out, then we should charge them to preserve the efficacy of the Constitution.

Ordering the death of a specific person because it would be too messy to charge him is making a mockery of due process.

We didn't kill Awlaki because it was "too messy". We killed him because it was the best way to reach him in Yemen, where he was hiding out.

Once gain, Awlaki knew the government was after him for two years, he did nothing to change his fate. He didn't even change his tone.

If I align myself with the terrorist group responsible for the Cole, 9-11, Khobar Towers, Ft. Hood, and a multitude of other events, I wouldn't expect any quarter to be given on the battlefield simply because I am an American citizen.

From my reading it appears that the reason he was never charged was because they couldn't come up with a charge which would stick, and not one which would merit more than 15 years in prison.

In September 2010 they were still trying to figure out what the charges might be, in case they couldn't kill him.

But they couldn't figure out charges, so they d@mn well had to kill him.

No ... you shouldn't expect quarter on the battlefield for being an American citizen. Big difference between things happening in the heat of battle, and you being specifically targeted for death for being a propagandist.

So standing up for an American citizens right for due process and I cry because bin ladin is dead? OH WOW did you think of that without any help? I WIN.:clap2:

And then try reading it again for comprehension. Due process doesn't even apply to this terrorist's death.

Yes they are How does that oath go again? He's an American citizen, maybe you will be the next one I must defend.
Here it is again for you, dummy.

Make an effort to read it.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

He wasn't "held."

The case arose during a time of war or public danger. The military is exempt from due process in this case.

Not that it applies since he wasn't held.

Now go right ahead and repeat one of your idiotic blurbs yet again.

We didn't kill Awlaki because it was "too messy". We killed him because it was the best way to reach him in Yemen, where he was hiding out.

Once gain, Awlaki knew the government was after him for two years, he did nothing to change his fate. He didn't even change his tone.

If I align myself with the terrorist group responsible for the Cole, 9-11, Khobar Towers, Ft. Hood, and a multitude of other events, I wouldn't expect any quarter to be given on the battlefield simply because I am an American citizen.

Why don't we do predators bombs at the border? To get rid of those criminals from the south? After all it would stop the need to have a border patrol and a fence

Congress hasn't authorized the use of force against the "Zetas" or any group other then Al Queda.

That pretty much knocks the legs out of all your slippery slope strawman arguements.

So defending the Constitution is a strawmwn? Maybe tomrrow you will be the next one obama see's as a terrorist.

:lol: Any minute now I expect you to shed tears over bin laden.

Of course it does you idiot.

Due process applies to any american citizen.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

He wasn't "held."

The case arose during a time of war or public danger. The military is exempt from due process in this case.

Talk about stupid I ask for the oath and you give me this? Now that beyond stupid.

However he was deprived of life.

He wasn't "held."

SO, you think the president can send a drone to kill LA gangs then, huh?

Good to know! :razz:

2335398.jpg

No it doesn't. But go right ahead and prove your case.

He wasn't "held."

Talk about stupid I ask for the oath and you give me this? Now that beyond stupid.

However he was deprived of life.
Damn, you are even stupider than I imagined.

He wasn't "held."

2335398.jpg
:lol: He can send drones to kill stupid people on the internet.

Depriving someone of life without due process would be what?

He wasn't "held."

2335398.jpg
:lol: He can send drones to kill stupid people on the internet.

You would be the next one on his hit list

From your post;

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

Forum List

Back