Assault rifles for self defense

Is there something about that feature that makes the weapon more lethal than the rifle without the "pistol grip"? Does the "pistol grip" make the rifle less effective as a hunting rifle?
it was used to differentiate the different style of rifle as traditional hunting rifles did not incorporate this into their design.

This is one of the best hunting rifles made.

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg

I like that Heinlein quote on your sig line!

Is there something about that feature that makes the weapon more lethal than the rifle without the "pistol grip"? Does the "pistol grip" make the rifle less effective as a hunting rifle?
it was used to differentiate the different style of rifle as traditional hunting rifles did not incorporate this into their design.

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg
and under the assault weapons ban it would have been illegal. although its manufacturer state it is a law enforcement tactical rifle, not a hunting rifle.

Savage 10FP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg
and under the assault weapons ban it would have been illegal. although its manufacturer state it is a law enforcement tactical rifle, not a hunting rifle.

Which is why people are trying to point out to you that the assault weapons ban is crap.

That's a bolt action rifle, why in hell would that need to be banned?

It is a pistol grip, it just happens to be integrated into the stock, which is why that 1994 law you love so much specifically differentiated between a grip that is below the barrel and one that is part of the stock.
a pistol grip by definition is a "GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON" MEANS A GRIP THAT ALLOWS FOR A PISTOL STYLE GRASP IN WHICH THE WEB OF THE TRIGGER HAND BETWEEN THE THUMB AND INDEX FINGER CAN BE PLACED BELOW THE TOP OF THE EXPOSED PORTION OF THE TRIGGER WHILE FIRING.

hence what i showed is in fact by definition a pistol grip.

No, that is how you want to define it. If we actually used that definition it would exclude things like this, which is a pistol grip.

DWD110K_1.jpg

Pistol grip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
read the assault weapons legislation again:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

does that drill meet that definition?

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg

Which is why people are trying to point out to you that the assault weapons ban is crap.

actually i retract my last statement it would not banned under the 1994 assault weapons ban since it is not semi automatic. although it did meet the requirement of the pistol grip, just not the semi automatic part.

feel free to fire away.

Last edited:

actually i retract my last statement it would not banned under the 1994 assault weapons ban since it is not semi automatic. although it did meet the requirement of the pistol grip, just not the semi automatic part.

feel free to fire away.
What about the pistol grip??

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg

Under the assault weapons ban there is absolutely no reason to ban it, it doesn't even have the pistol grip you think makes a weapon an assault weapon.

6 shooter revolver hits 5 targets in under a second.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9AJzv8gb2A"]revolver[/ame]

Until gun ban proponents can even come up with a definition for assault weapon besides that of the arbitrarily, and hilarious 1994 ban, we're going to be talking about this for many years to come.

In the meantime, if there are items you may want from the firearms category, i would get them now.

Let's say I am giving some serious thought to buying that M-14 I want very damn soon.

a pistol grip by definition is a "GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON" MEANS A GRIP THAT ALLOWS FOR A PISTOL STYLE GRASP IN WHICH THE WEB OF THE TRIGGER HAND BETWEEN THE THUMB AND INDEX FINGER CAN BE PLACED BELOW THE TOP OF THE EXPOSED PORTION OF THE TRIGGER WHILE FIRING.

hence what i showed is in fact by definition a pistol grip.

No, that is how you want to define it. If we actually used that definition it would exclude things like this, which is a pistol grip.

DWD110K_1.jpg

Pistol grip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
read the assault weapons legislation again:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

does that drill meet that definition?

Would it if I added a folding stock and a bayonet mount?

new_10FPXP-LE.jpg

Under the assault weapons ban there is absolutely no reason to ban it, it doesn't even have the pistol grip you think makes a weapon an assault weapon.
reread the definition under the 1994 law. it has multiple requirements that had to be met, not just a single one. under the definition of the pistol grip it did meet the definition, however it did not meet the rest of the definition so it would not have been classified as an "assault weapon"

Forum List

Back