Assault rifles for self defense

My neighbor actually called the police on me because he saw me in the front yard with my impact wrench.

6914055202p

Nice neighbor. Did you and the cops at least have a good laugh? :lol:

You bet we did! They already knew he was an idiot, but they are obligated to respond to the calls. He was one of those annoying neighbors who always want a favor & never offers anything in return. So I started ignoring him. He went wacko. Cops eventually locked him up & drugged him for a while. Then he moved away.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

Yeah, you are out in the country and a group of bad people want to assault you and your family on your property and it's at least 15 minutes before any law enforcement can get there and they (the bad people) try to invade your home. Would you want a bolt action rifle, a pump shot gun, a semi-auto shotgun, or a semi-automatic weapon with 30 in the clip and ready to go, or a semi-auto with the "assault banned" 10 round clip at your disposal?

I'll take two pump shotguns (12-bore, loaded with 00 buck) and my Model 29.

The primary or sole purpose of a car is not to kill. The primary or sole purpose of a baseball bat is not to kill. These objects serve a purpose to society other than killing.

Yet they do kill......and at a rate greater than an "assault" rifle. They should be banned for safety's sake.
yet you still need a license to operate a car. can the same be said about a gun?

I will bet you a trillion trillion dollars a day for a trillion days that you can legally operate a car with no licence.

by the 1994 definition that is in fact is an assault weapon as it has the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the top one then? Which in fact is a BB gun, rather than the bottom one which is in fact a fully automatic M-14?
so due to your piss poor photos, we are supposed to just believe you?

which one of these is an assault weapon?

41ysmBGVvEL._SS500_.jpg

293486_43d792021454704be6489ce7b828c77b.png_256

i can play that game too.

Looks like the bottom one is select-fire, the top one is semi-auto. So, the bottom one.

based on the 1994 definition of assault weapons, it leaves several different types of rifles, hand guns and shot guns left for the avid hunter, marksman or recreational shooter to own and operate. all of which are more than adequate to be used to protect a family.

id like to know a specific reason why gun advocates believe that only high powered assault rifles are sufficient for protection?

The moment you call an AR-15 clone (which shoots a pipsqueak .223 round) "high powered", you prove that you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what you are blabbering about and should be ignored.
nothing high powered about this at all:

Bullet weight/type Velocity Energy
36 gr (2 g) JHP 3,750 ft/s (1,140 m/s) 1,124 ft·lbf (1,524 J)
55 gr (4 g) Nosler ballistic tip 3,240 ft/s (990 m/s) 1,282 ft·lbf (1,738 J)
60 gr (4 g) Nosler partition 3,160 ft/s (960 m/s) 1,330 ft·lbf (1,800 J)
69 gr (4 g) BTHP 2,950 ft/s (900 m/s) 1,333 ft·lbf (1,807 J)
77 gr (5 g) BTHP 2,750 ft/s (840 m/s) 1,293 ft·lbf (1,753 J)

bet it simply tickles when it hits you

It has a bit more than one third the KE of a shot from my PISTOL. There is a reason that some states actually BAN hunting deer with it...it's not enough to kill a deer reliably.

already been defined. next question.

On subjective appearance and not functionality....

You are ignorant on this subject, and it shows
just because you disagree with the definition doesnt change the definition. thanks for sharing your ignorance on the topic.
Uh huh.. except that it is not an accepted definition except from ones such as yourself... It is also why the definition was thrown out years ago...

But thank you for playing

My neighbor actually called the police on me because he saw me in the front yard with my impact wrench.

6914055202p

Nice neighbor. Did you and the cops at least have a good laugh? :lol:

You bet we did! They already knew he was an idiot, but they are obligated to respond to the calls. He was one of those annoying neighbors who always want a favor & never offers anything in return. So I started ignoring him. He went wacko. Cops eventually locked him up & drugged him for a while. Then he moved away.

I have a neighbor who is just like that.

based on the 1994 definition of assault weapons, it leaves several different types of rifles, hand guns and shot guns left for the avid hunter, marksman or recreational shooter to own and operate. all of which are more than adequate to be used to protect a family.

id like to know a specific reason why gun advocates believe that only high powered assault rifles are sufficient for protection?

Which of these is an "Assault Rifle?"

31VQ9itT7XL._SS420_.jpg

images
by the 1994 definition the first weapon is in fact is an assault weapon as it has the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i can not tell if the second is, as the picture is quite poor to allow for analysis.

And the federal assault weapons ban expired in 2004, in part because the definition itself was known to be BULLSHIT... based more on appearance than anything about functionality...

As stated.. you are worried about the scary looking weapon.. when you should be worried about the scary person wielding anything he can to inflict the harm he wants to on you

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

Yeah, you are out in the country and a group of bad people want to assault you and your family on your property and it's at least 15 minutes before any law enforcement can get there and they (the bad people) try to invade your home. Would you want a bolt action rifle, a pump shot gun, a semi-auto shotgun, or a semi-automatic weapon with 30 in the clip and ready to go, or a semi-auto with the "assault banned" 10 round clip at your disposal?

I'll take two pump shotguns (12-bore, loaded with 00 buck) and my Model 29.

It looks like that you prefer reliability and firepower in a potentially CQ scenario.

Reliability...and the ability to stop a dude on PCP with one shot. And, quite simply, I have far more experience handling my Remington or my S&W that I do any semiautomatic rifle.

Reliability...and the ability to stop a dude on PCP with one shot. And, quite simply, I have far more experience handling my Remington or my S&W that I do any semiautomatic rifle.

Love my Remington... but being Army trained, also love my AR... but I will tell you one thing... home defense, shotgun wise, the minute I tried the Saiga-12 for the first time, I had to have it

So based on the CHANCE of someone using a weapon for criminal activites, I have to lose my right to own said weapon, even with no prior bad acts and no current indication of any potential malicous activities?

So I guess because I MAY use fighting words on someone, I have to be gagged and prevented from speaking entirely.
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

I've got a very simple question, how many rounds should a citizen be restricted to, in a self defense situation?

Is a 100 round clip actually needed for home defense? I dont mean a zombie invasion either. In real life, how many times have people actually shot more than 5 or 6 rounds in a self defense situation? Seriously.

A semi automatic weapon is not for hunting, its designed to kill as many people in as short a time as humaly possible. You know, wartime type shooting..

Those children were shot 3-11 times by that fucking gun loving nut.

Why does joe smith need it in his home?

And I am a gun owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

I've got a very simple question, how many rounds should a citizen be restricted to, in a self defense situation?

Is a 100 round clip actually needed for home defense? I dont mean a zombie invasion either. In real life, how many times have people actually shot more than 5 or 6 rounds in a self defense situation? Seriously.

A semi automatic weapon is not for hunting, its designed to kill as many people in as short a time as humaly possible. You know, wartime type shooting..

And I am a gun owner.

1) Never had use for a 100 round clip.. but 20 20-round clips, yes.. 12 round clips for my Saiga-12, yes
2) How do you know AHEAD OF TIME the situation you will be defending against to know that 5-6 shots will be all you need?? And I certainly do not want 'just enough' rounds... I want plenty in case of anything that may happen.. And there is no overkill when defending your life or your family
3) A Semi is indeed great for hunting... and it is not just for killing as many people in a short time.. that would be pray and spray full auto, you dimwit
4) Evidently his MOTHER was the 'gun loving nut'.. not the shooter
5) Where on mazlov's hierarchy of needs do you want the need and for what circumstance?

it was any easy way to identify assault weapons as traditional hunting rifles do not incorporate this feature into their design.

Traditional hunting weapons to not have pistol grips?

BLR-Lightweight-with-Takedown-Pistol-Grip-MID-034012-l.jpg

Marketing name notwithstanding, I do not think that meets the AWB's legal definition of a "pistol grip".

It meets the definition that the Attorney General of California uses. Fortunately, it is not a semi automatic weapon, so it is legal.

Yet they do kill......and at a rate greater than an "assault" rifle. They should be banned for safety's sake.
yet you still need a license to operate a car. can the same be said about a gun?

I will bet you a trillion trillion dollars a day for a trillion days that you can legally operate a car with no licence.

Shouldn't you at least learn how to spell before you make a "trillion trillion dollar a day for a trillion days" bet?

ROFLMAO at your stupidity.

And I am a gun owner.

You aren't a hunter, are you?

browning_BAR.jpg

Forum List

Back