Assault weapons and large magazines ban upheld in New York and Conneticut

I continue to accept your concessio
By all means, DO "accept my concession"
I have, and I continue to do so.
Don't be so butt-hurt about your inability to provide a sound argument as to the necessity and/or constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons' -- people far smarter than you (that is, virtually everyone here) cannot do it either.

Thank you very much for that good news.

However we all know the nra and gun nuts won't stop with that ruling. They will take it to the supreme court. Which I hope that the court will not twist the constitution and come up with some crazy reason why states can't regulate gun sales.

The constitution is very clear. The government has the power to regulate commerce. Selling guns is commerce so the government can impose regulations on guns.
More mindless nonsense.
There is no sound argument for neither the necessity nor the constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons'.

A ruling from a Federal Court is not
There is no sound argument for neither the necessity nor the constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons'.

...and those founding fathers ALSO forgot to mention in the 2nd Amend. that nuclear weapons should also be a no-no for the militia.

Why? I say the NRA would like to see Nukes sold at K-Mart....

More mindless nonsense.
Is not what? A sound argument?
The argument the court gave for upholding the ban has been demonstrated unsound as it based on lies.
Which is just another example of how anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

More mindless nonsense.
The argument the court gave for upholding the ban has been demonstrated unsound as it based on lies.
Which is just another example of how anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Well....bottom line....

YOU LOSE!

More mindless nonsense.
Which is just another example of how anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.​

Well....bottom line.... YOU LOSE!​
Nice to see that you, too, understand there is no sound argument for the necessity and/or constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons'.

More mindless nonsense.
Which is just another example of how anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.​
Nice to see that you, too, understand there is no sound argument for the necessity and/or constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons'.

Appeal to the Court Chump, not me....

More mindless nonsense.
The only think I appealed to you for, chimp, was a sound argument for the necessity and/or the constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons.
Like all others before you, and like all others that follow, you failed to deliver.

The only think I appealed to you for, chimp, was a sound argument for the necessity and/or the constitutionality of banning 'assault weapons.
Like all others before you, and like all others that follow, you failed to deliver.

Don't argue with me. Argue with the Federal Court.....and Good Luck!

Don't argue with me. Argue with the Federal Court.....and Good Luck!

Assault is an ACTION you moron NOT a weapon. Damn you are ignorant.

but what action does this ''assault" weapon achieve and who rightfully regulates its lawful purpose?
The assault is committed by a PERSON not a weapon.
Why regulate the weapon when the person is at fault?
Can a lunatic run up a victim count of fifteen, eighteen, twenty or more without a semi-automatic firing system and a magazine holding fifteen, eighteen or twenty rounds?

Yes

Next question?

-Geaux
How? And compare any other method of slaughter with a mass shooting at a school or campus or church.

You're merely equivocating and not looking at the problem of gun violence responsibly.

Same with 10-rounds

-Geaux

Gun manufacturers FUND more than half of the NRA budget (not membership dues)

The NRA extorts congressional candidates with threats to do the NRA's bidding

Courts have just dealt a blow to both manufacturers and NRA basically exposing that "the emperor may indeed have no clothes on..."

Long in coming to stop the madness of right wingers who use their guns as an extension of their masculinity.....if you know what I mean.

Gun manufacturers FUND more than half of the NRA budget (not membership dues)

The NRA extorts congressional candidates with threats to do the NRA's bidding

Courts have just dealt a blow to both manufacturers and NRA basically exposing that "the emperor may indeed have no clothes on..."

Long in coming to stop the madness of right wingers who use their guns as an extension of their masculinity.....if you know what I mean.

Can you blame them? Size DOES matter.....:laugh2:

but what action does this ''assault" weapon achieve and who rightfully regulates its lawful purpose?
The assault is committed by a PERSON not a weapon.
Why regulate the weapon when the person is at fault?
Can a lunatic run up a victim count of fifteen, eighteen, twenty or more without a semi-automatic firing system and a magazine holding fifteen, eighteen or twenty rounds?

Sure. Off the top of my head, with a couple of pump shotguns.

When you commit a crime with it you can be arrested. the mass shooters who used them…got them by going through current legal processes, or bought them illegally, or committed murder to get them…...

so again i will ask...

WHAT is the lawful purpose for owning an assault weapon and WHO rightfully regulates licenses for that lawful purpose?

"Assault weapons are a class of semi-automatic firearms that are designed to kill humans quickly and efficiently. As the diagram below shows, the military features that clearly distinguish assault weapons from standard sporting firearms enable shooters to spray large amounts of ammunition quickly while retaining control of the weapons.1"

Assault Weapons Policy Summary

Explain, in your own words, EXACTLY what an "assault weapon" is. Be specific.

The Texas tower shooter used a bolt action but I forget how many he killed.

Whitman had a sawed-off 12 ga shotgun, a Remington 700 6mm bolt-action hunting rifle, a .35 caliber pump rifle, a .30 caliber carbine M1 (one of your alleged "assault weapons"), a 9mm Luger pistol, a Galesi-Brescia .25-caliber pistol, a Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum revolver and over 700 rounds of ammunition. He also packed food, coffee, vitamins, Dexedrine, Excedrin, earplugs, jugs of water, matches, lighter fluid, rope, binoculars, a machete, three knives, a transistor radio, toilet paper, a razor and a bottle of deodorant.

He was also a Marine...and all Marines are trained to be basic riflemen. You see the damage one of us did when pushed over the edge...why do you folks insist on pushing tens of thousands of us towards insanity with your own insane attempts to infringe upon our inherent human rights? Might want to give that some thought.

He wasn't " pushed over the edge"--Whitman had a brain tumor.

aw_chart_01_final1.png

You win. That is the stupidest thing ever posted on the internet!

Forum List

Back