Assault weapons ban dropped from Senate bill

No one expected a new ‘AWB’ to pass.

because it made no sense ...

a mature public will now work for legislation endorsing Arms as: firearms that are bolt or leaver action per round and without detachable magazines.

there is no need for Assault Weapons in a free society or used in the fields and streams of our countryside.

key word - Maturity.

Last edited:

a mature public will now work for legislation endorsing Arms as: firearms that are bolt or leaver action per round and without detachable magazines.

there is no need for Assault Weapons in a free society or used in the fields and streams of our countryside.

key word - Maturity.

It's called irrationality... Thinking you're going to curb gun violence by ignoring mental illness and fixating on Law abiding citizens who own guns with detachable magazines that seem to frighten you.

key word -irrationality.

key word - Maturity.

It's called irrationality... Thinking you're going to curb gun violence by ignoring mental illness and fixating on Law abiding citizens who own guns with detachable magazines that seem to frighten you.

key word -irrationality.

It’s called wedge issue – the attempt to contrive a controversy where none exists by assigning motives to an opponent he doesn’t advocate for some perceived political advantage.

Key phrase – wedge issue.

key word - Maturity.

key word -irrationality.

It’s called wedge issue – the attempt to contrive a controversy where none exists by assigning motives to an opponent he doesn’t advocate for some perceived political advantage.

Key phrase – wedge issue.

No it isn't, it's called common sense.

key words -common sense.

This is what I've been saying from day one.

I think the pearl-clutching "they're coming to take our guns" Conservatives are the ones looking like fools right now.

Correct.

And conservative hysteria over ‘gun grabbing’ was clearly unfounded idiocy.

liar

You all wanted it to pass, and then some.

I think the pearl-clutching "they're coming to take our guns" Conservatives are the ones looking like fools right now.

That's b/c we stopped you.

This time

Who do you think you're referring to when you say "we" and "you"?\

It's amazing to me how quickly people are able to randomly assign views to people, with no actual basis for it.

Correct.

liar

Are you so invested in your fantasy of a black and white world that you'll actually claim to speak for what other posters really want?

Thinking you're going to curb gun violence by ignoring mental illness

Yet, when California does that very thing, the right goes berserk and starts screaming, "They're cummin' to git our guns!"

Key word: Hypocrisy.

Thinking you're going to curb gun violence by ignoring mental illness

Yet, when California does that very thing, the right goes berserk and starts screaming, "They're cummin' to git our guns!"

Key word: Hypocrisy.

What Right is there in California? On that same note, what Rights are left in California?

This time

It's amazing to me how quickly people are able to randomly assign views to people, with no actual basis for it.
We = freedom loving people/conservatives
You = government loving people/liberals and progressives

or are you the one liberal that doesn't follow the heard?

This time

Classic example of the partisan wedge issue: keep the fear and lies alive.

Conservatives need to give up on the ‘gun grabber’ myth. Democrats and liberals have accepted Heller/McDonald as settled law, where the majority of democrats have no desire to ‘ban’ firearms. The fact that a proposed AWB won’t even come to the floor of a Senate controlled by democrats is proof of that.

Conservatives will need to contrive another false crisis as a new wedge issue.

This time

We = freedom loving people/conservatives
You = government loving people/liberals and progressives

or are you the one liberal that doesn't follow the heard?

Seriously, it's like you're living in a cartoon world.

There are millions and millions of gun-owning liberals in the country.

Correct.

liar

Feel free to search the forum for any post I made advocating the passage of a new AWB.

When you fail to find such a post we’ll know who is indeed the liar.

This time

Classic example of the partisan wedge issue: keep the fear and lies alive.

Conservatives need to give up on the ‘gun grabber’ myth. Democrats and liberals have accepted Heller/McDonald as settled law, where the majority of democrats have no desire to ‘ban’ firearms. The fact that a proposed AWB won’t even come to the floor of a Senate controlled by democrats is proof of that.

Conservatives will need to contrive another false crisis as a new wedge issue.

Unless you live in New York, where gun grabbing is alive and well with Andrew Cuomo's SAFE act.

I know it feels better to think of it like you "won" a major victory.

But it's like beating the Washington Generals.

A scripted fight.

Do you think P F Tinmore is on the right side of the aisle?

I have no idea what "side of the aisle" P F is on. Nor is it the slightest bit relevant to what I was saying.

You said, "I know it feels better to think of it like you "won" a major victory."

While speaking to someone who is clearly on the left.

Forum List

Back