Assault Weapons Ban

Not everyone needs a so-called "assault weapon" But some people do. If someone is minding their own business at home, and a team of assassins invades your home like they did at Al Pacino's home in Florida, you had better be highly armed. Its really up to each person's need. What I find hypocritical is that politicians like Sleepy Joe have highly trained assassins protecting him 24/7, yet he wants to deny others any protection.

Big news.
Federal judge just struck down the California Assault Weapons Ban as unconstitutional.

{...

Federal judge strikes down California's 30-year-old ban on assault weapons​

NEWS
CHRIS PANDOLFO
June 05, 2021
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...sault-weapons?xrs=RebelMouse_fb&ts=1622904100
A federal judge on Friday struck down California's three-decade-old ban on so-called "assault weapons", declaring the law unconstitutional in a ruling hailed by gun rights activists.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez of the Southern District of California said the state's assault weapons ban unlawfully deprives law-abiding Californians of the right to own firearms that are commonly owned in other states and do not fall under the Supreme Court's definition of a weapon that is not protected by the Second Amendment.

"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle, the AR-15 is the kind of versatile gun that lies at the intersection of the kinds of firearms protected under District of Columbia v. Heller," Benitez wrote in his
...}

Big news.
Federal judge just struck down the California Assault Weapons Ban as unconstitutional.

{...

NEWS
CHRIS PANDOLFO
June 05, 2021
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.theblaze.com/news/federal-judge-strikes-down-californias-30-year-old-ban-on-assault-weapons?xrs=RebelMouse_fb&ts=1622904100
A federal judge on Friday struck down California's three-decade-old ban on so-called "assault weapons", declaring the law unconstitutional in a ruling hailed by gun rights activists.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez of the Southern District of California said the state's assault weapons ban unlawfully deprives law-abiding Californians of the right to own firearms that are commonly owned in other states and do not fall under the Supreme Court's definition of a weapon that is not protected by the Second Amendment.

"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle, the AR-15 is the kind of versatile gun that lies at the intersection of the kinds of firearms protected under District of Columbia v. Heller," Benitez wrote in his
...}

Sadly, the fascists will take it to the full 9th circuit who will overturn this ruling......by then, Thomas will have retired or died, putting the Supreme Court back in the hands of the anti-gunners and the ban will be upheld....

Big news.

{...

NEWS
CHRIS PANDOLFO
June 05, 2021
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.theblaze.com/news/federal-judge-strikes-down-californias-30-year-old-ban-on-assault-weapons?xrs=RebelMouse_fb&ts=1622904100

...}

Have you read his ruling on the Magazine Ban...it is really awesome...

Some choice selections from that opinion...this guy understands the Constitution and anti-gun extremists...

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...rra_Order-Granting-Preliminary-Injunction.pdf

(n) a slippery slope

What is clear from the preliminary evidence presented is that individuals who intend to engage in mass gun violence typically make plans. They use multiple weapons and come loaded with extra ammunition.

They pick the place and the time and do much harm before police can intervene. Persons with violent intentions have used large capacity magazines, machine guns, hand grenades and pipe bombs, notwithstanding laws criminalizing their possession or use.

Trying to legislatively outlaw the commonly possessed weapon de jour is like wearing flip flops on a slippery slope.

A downhill slide is not hard to foresee.

Tragically, when 30-round magazines are banned, attackers will use 15 or 17- round magazines.

If magazines holding more than 10 rounds are banned they will use multiple 10-round magazines.

If all semi-automatic weapons are banned they will use

40 17cv1017-BEN Case 3:17-cv-01017-BEN-JLB Document 28 Filed 06/29/17 PageID.4156 Page 40 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

shotguns and revolvers.

All of these scenarios already occur.

Because revolvers and handguns are the quintessential home defense weapon protected by the Second Amendment and specifically approved in Heller, and because the average defensive gun use involves firing 2.2 rounds (according to the State’s experts), states could rationalize a ban on possession of rounds in excess of three per weapon. Criminals intent on 13 violence would then equip themselves with multiple weapons.

The State could then rationalize a one-weapon-per-individual law.

Since “merely” brandishing a firearm is usually effective as a defense to criminal attack (according to the State’s experts), it could be argued that a one-revolver-with-one-round-per-individual ban is a reasonable experiment in state police power as a means to protect citizens and law enforcement officers from gun violence.

Statutes disarming law-abiding responsible citizen gun owners reflect an opinion on gun policy. Courts are not free to impose their own policy choices on sovereign states. But as Heller explains, the Second Amendment takes certain policy choices and removes them beyond the realm of debate. Disarming California’s law-abiding citizenry is not a constitutionally-permissible policy choice.

I think it is certain that the Democrats will pass an Assault Weapons Ban and a Magazine Ban.

The only question is will they have a grandfather clause or a registering clause to allow the existing firearms. There is a small chance they will need to do that in order to get all the votes necessary but don't count on it.

We also can't depend upon the Supreme Court to protect our Constitutional rights. We saw how they let Biden steal the election. All the law has to have is a tax clause or something and the Court will fold like a cheap suit.

The NRA will be a joke. GOA will fight but doesn't have the clout.

I also think that most people will just go along with the ban. Just like we have seen compliance in states like California.

The sad thing is not only do we lose our Liberty but that nothing will change with gun violence. The great majority of the gun crime in this country takes place in inner city ghettos run by Democrats. Big city shitholes that already have stringent gun control.

Typical Democrat initiative. Worthless and takes away Liberty. Democrats screw up everything they touch. They are going after the Bill of Rights now.

The supreme court did not ignore your election defeat. It purely acted upon the evidence they had, NONE. So get the facts first. But now you are suggesting they will preserve you rights about guns.
Of course they will. You criticise them one second them change that in the next.
Youre a bit inconsistent.

Try this. Biden won't take your guns but there is no legislation to say he can't act on ammunition and the restriction and banning of certain types, like those assault toys you crave to have.

Oooooooh you never thought of that?

I think it is certain that the Democrats will pass an Assault Weapons Ban and a Magazine Ban.
The supreme court did not ignore your election defeat. It purely acted upon the evidence they had, NONE. So get the facts first.

HERE'S A FACT FOR YA, JACKASS!! Not one action taken by SCOTUS was taken by them because of a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Not once.

If you can't bother to even get your fucking facts straight first nor bother to actually look up reality before MAKING CRAP UP, I'll be glad to link you to the courts decisions.

Meantime, here's what California had to say about assault weapons:

The supreme court did not ignore your election defeat. It purely acted upon the evidence they had, NONE. So get the facts first.

HERE'S A FACT FOR YA, JACKASS!! Not one action taken by SCOTUS was taken by them because of a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Not once.

If you can't bother to even get your fucking facts straight first nor bother to actually look up reality before MAKING CRAP UP, I'll be glad to link you to the courts decisions.

Meantime, here's what California had to say about assault weapons:

Read what I said dickhead. I said they will protect your rights and they did.
You're angry and irrational when your precious gun are questioned but my scenario about restricting ammunition is not impossible. Maybe concentrate on that rather than immature name calling.

The only question is will they have a grandfather clause or a registering clause to allow the existing firearms. There is a small chance they will need to do that in order to get all the votes necessary but don't count on it.

We also can't depend upon the Supreme Court to protect our Constitutional rights. We saw how they let Biden steal the election. All the law has to have is a tax clause or something and the Court will fold like a cheap suit.

I also think that most people will just go along with the ban. Just like we have seen compliance in states like California.

The sad thing is not only do we lose our Liberty but that nothing will change with gun violence. The great majority of the gun crime in this country takes place in inner city ghettos run by Democrats. Big city shitholes that already have stringent gun control.

Typical Democrat initiative. Worthless and takes away Liberty. Democrats screw up everything they touch. They are going after the Bill of Rights now.

The supreme court did not ignore your election defeat. It purely acted upon the evidence they had, NONE. So get the facts first. But now you are suggesting they will preserve you rights about guns.
Of course they will. You criticise them one second them change that in the next.
Youre a bit inconsistent.

Try this. Biden won't take your guns but there is no legislation to say he can't act on ammunition and the restriction and banning of certain types, like those assault toys you crave to have.

Oooooooh you never thought of that?
The Court is right when they are right and wrong when they are wrong.

I think that in order to get a law degree and ever serve as a judge or Justice then you must demonstrate an understanding of the Bill of Rights. Like knowing what the phrase "shall not be infringed" means.

Unfortunate too many judges don't understand the Bill of Rights.

I take it you are not familiar with the 1994 federal ban on assault rifles. It expired in 2004 but if you did know about it, it should have answered all your questions.

I take it you are not familiar with the 1994 federal ban on assault rifles. It expired in 2004 but if you did know about it, it should have answered all your questions.
Everybody is familiar with that stupid bill. Thank god it expired.

What is your fucking point?

And it was a complete failure.
It changed nothing as far as gun deaths.
Which of course is why it was left to die.

NRA got enough republicans to vote against extension, that's why it 'died'.

He asked what kind of provisions a federal assault rifle ban would have if one passed.. The 1994 bill is the same one proposed so connect the dots. It's not rocket science.

He asked what kind of provisions a federal assault rifle ban would have if one passed.. The 1994 bill is the same one proposed so connect the dots. It's not rocket science.

So you mean we can have ARs but not with a bayonet lug and the stock must be fixed?

So you mean we can have ARs but not with a bayonet lug and the stock must be fixed?
The question was..'The only question is will they have a grandfather clause or a registering clause to allow the existing firearms'...who said anything about bayonet lugs and stocks.

Good lord are you a dumbfuck!!!
Pistols are used in far greater numbers when it comes to murder rates in the US.
So tell me,why aren't liberals trying to get rid of handguns?
I know the answer,lets see if you do.

Pistols are used in far greater numbers when it comes to murder rates in the US.
Liberals are not trying to get rid of handguns, nobody is. There have been attempts to restrict where they can be carried..old Dodge City style, but no outright ban...dumbfuck!!!.

Liberals are not trying to get rid of handguns, nobody is. There have been attempts to restrict where they can be carried..old Dodge City style, but no outright ban...dumbfuck!!!.

Ya dumb fuck!!!
You completely ignored my point.
Why have liberals ignored handguns when it comes to murder?
They're responsible for the vast majority of murders.
I cant believe you're smart enough to breath.

The only thing certain is that this is as idiotic now as it was last January, and completely wrong – yet another rightwing lie.

There will be no ‘new’ AWB – there’s no will for such a ‘ban’ in Washington and most Democrats oppose a ‘new’ AWB.

The dishonest right will of course continue to propagate the lie that Democrats want a ‘new’ AWB for come perceived partisan benefit.

no legislation to say he can't act on ammunition
Biden can’t ‘act’ on anything – only Congress has the authority to enact Federal firearm legislation.

And the courts have held that ammunition is within the scope of Second Amendment protections – for example, government cannot ‘ban’ 5.56 NATO as a ‘backdoor’ ban of AR 15s and other semi-auto carbines and rifles that chamber the round.

Forum List

Back