Assholes making trouble in Oregon

How about the lands they burnt to cover up their poaching?

And once again, I'll remind you of two things:
1. The Hammond's are guilty of arson
2. The criminals in the refuge building have nothing to do with the Hammonds

1.Of which they served their time.
No, they haven't.
2. No they don't ( I agree), other than 2 ranchers who have held out against the taking of their ranches by the Feds in two different States.
Lol. Nobody is trying to take the Hammonds' ranch or the Bundys' for that matter.

Yes they are.
who is trying to take their ranches? how so?

Read the link
back to 'nobody' then.

here's a hint - just because a bundy says it doesn't make it true

Audubon Society: Statement on Armed Bundy Terrorists' Malheur Occupation
Audubon Society of Portland: Statement on the Occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
By Bob Sallinger * Jan. 3, 2016 * Portland Audubon

Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was established in 1908 by President Theodore Roosevelt to protect the vast populations of waterbirds that were being decimated by wanton killing by the plume trade. The 188,000 acre refuge represents some of the most important bird habitat on the Pacific Flyway. It is one of the crown jewels of the National Wildlife Refuge System and belongs to all Americans. In 2013, the Refuge adopted a long-term management plan developed through an inclusive collaborative process that brought together the local community, tribes, conservation groups, state and federal agencies, and other stakeholders. These stakeholders have continued to work together to implement this strategy which includes one of the biggest wetland restoration efforts ever undertaken.

The occupation of Malheur by armed, out of state militia groups puts one of America’s most important wildlife refuges at risk. It violates the most basic principles of the Public Trust Doctrine and holds hostage public lands and public resources to serve the very narrow political agenda of the occupiers. The occupiers have used the flimsiest of pretexts to justify their actions—the conviction of two local ranchers in a case involving arson and poaching on public lands. Notably, neither the local community or the individuals convicted have requested or endorsed the occupation or the assistance of militia groups.

Portland Audubon fought 100 years ago to protect this incredible place. The powerful images taken by Portland Audubon founder, William Finley, of Malheur’s incredible bird populations and the wanton killing that was being inflicted upon them, caused President Roosevelt to make Malheur one of the first wildlife refuges in the Western United States. Portland Audubon calls upon the local, state and federal authorities to once again protect this incredible place for the amazing wildlife that live there and to preserve this natural heritage for current and future generations. Portland Audubon greatly appreciates the outstanding federal employees that staff the refuge, as well as members of the local community who have rejected this occupation. We hope for a safe, expeditious end to this armed occupation so that the myriad of local and non-local stakeholders can continue to work together to restore Malheur in ways that are supportive of both the local ecology and the local economy—the occupiers are serving nobody’s interests except their own.

MORE: Audubon Society of Portland Statement on the Occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge — Audubon Society of Portland

this is a total ruse! this is classic obama! this is a sleight of hand! when president obama leaves office, he needs to start a magic show. this wouldn't have stopped sandy hook, san bernardino, aurora....not a one! not a one! he keeps talking about the gun show loophole...there is no gun show loophole. that is one of the great myths. mental health is the solution. mental health. mental health.

After reading your posts, I can see why mental health seems so important to you, and I hope you are able to get some soon.

If you really believe in the 2nd Amendment as an absolute right and consider yourself a Patriot then here's your chance to show it. You're been called up and now it's time to put up or shut up. Do you have the balls or do you just run your mouth????

Ammon Bundy posted a video on his Facebook page asking for militia members to come help him. He said "this is not a time to stand down. It's a time to stand up and come to Harney County," where Burns is located. Below the video is this statement: "(asterisk)(asterisk)ALL PATRIOTS ITS TIME TO STAND UP NOT STAND DOWN!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! COME PREPARED."

Militia members occupy US building in Oregon after protest

Pay for my flight up there and I'm in.
Looking for handouts again?

Sure. If the OP wants me to be there, I'll need the air fare.

So you're not just a coward, you're a cheap coward.

white privilege performance art

Meet The Child-Abusing Arsonists That Inspired The Oregon Militia Standoff
<snip>
The circumstances of both fires are worth examining. The first occurred in 2001. According to prosecutors, several members of the Hammond family set this fire “less than three hours after Steven Hammond illegally shot several deer on BLM land,” a claim they corroborate by citing testimony from D.H.*, Dwight’s grandson and Steven’s nephew. The fire, moreover, “consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations.”

D.H. also testified that his uncle Steven gave him matches and told him to help start the fires. Some time thereafter, D.H. says that he was separated from the rest of his family and found himself surrounded by burning flames. To escape harm he sheltered in a creek.

<snip>

D.H. also testified that, after the first fire, “Dwight told me to keep my mouth shut, that nobody needed to know about the fire, and they didn’t need to know anything about it.” According to D.H., Steven, who was sitting next to Dwight at the time, added that his nephew should “keep mouth shut.” D.H. said that he complied with these instructions because he was “afraid of Steven and Susie .”

D.H. appears to have had good reason to fear his family. In 2004, D.H. told a sheriff’s deputy about several times that he says he was abused. In one incident, Steven allegedly punched D.H. hard enough to knock him to the ground and “took face and rubbed it into the gravel” during an argument over how D.H. was performing his chores. In another incident, after D.H. was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol, Steven allegedly punished D.H. by driving him ten miles from the family ranch and then making him walk home. In a third incident, after D.H. was cited as a minor in possession of tobacco, Steven allegedly “made him eat two (2) cans of Skoal Smokeless Tobacco and then again walk from Diamond, Oregon to the Hammond Ranch.”

A fourth incident is particularly striking, however. D.H., who reportedly has been diagnosed with depression, used a paper clip to carve the letter “J” into one side of his chest and the letter “S” onto the other side. In response, Steven allegedly “told him that he was not going to let deface the family by carving on himself.” D.H. said that Steven then used sandpaper to remove the carved letters from D.H.’s chest — sanding each side for at least five minutes. Steven also allegedly told D.H. that “he would filet the initials off” his chest if the sandpaper did not work.

<snip>
Trumped up. Do some research.
how so? did they set the fires or not?
Not from what I read.
lol. then stop reading batshit crazy sources because nobody, including the hammonds, disputes that they set the fires

The only thing in dispute is why they set them. The Hammonds say it was to protect them from fire danger. The prosecutor said it was to cover up evidence of poaching.

the terrorists need to be arrested ...
1935470_1038053232954397_2908520225201814068_n.jpg

Last edited:

<snip>
The circumstances of both fires are worth examining. The first occurred in 2001. According to prosecutors, several members of the Hammond family set this fire “less than three hours after Steven Hammond illegally shot several deer on BLM land,” a claim they corroborate by citing testimony from D.H.*, Dwight’s grandson and Steven’s nephew. The fire, moreover, “consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations.”

D.H. also testified that his uncle Steven gave him matches and told him to help start the fires. Some time thereafter, D.H. says that he was separated from the rest of his family and found himself surrounded by burning flames. To escape harm he sheltered in a creek.

<snip>

D.H. also testified that, after the first fire, “Dwight told me to keep my mouth shut, that nobody needed to know about the fire, and they didn’t need to know anything about it.” According to D.H., Steven, who was sitting next to Dwight at the time, added that his nephew should “keep mouth shut.” D.H. said that he complied with these instructions because he was “afraid of Steven and Susie .”

D.H. appears to have had good reason to fear his family. In 2004, D.H. told a sheriff’s deputy about several times that he says he was abused. In one incident, Steven allegedly punched D.H. hard enough to knock him to the ground and “took face and rubbed it into the gravel” during an argument over how D.H. was performing his chores. In another incident, after D.H. was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol, Steven allegedly punished D.H. by driving him ten miles from the family ranch and then making him walk home. In a third incident, after D.H. was cited as a minor in possession of tobacco, Steven allegedly “made him eat two (2) cans of Skoal Smokeless Tobacco and then again walk from Diamond, Oregon to the Hammond Ranch.”

A fourth incident is particularly striking, however. D.H., who reportedly has been diagnosed with depression, used a paper clip to carve the letter “J” into one side of his chest and the letter “S” onto the other side. In response, Steven allegedly “told him that he was not going to let deface the family by carving on himself.” D.H. said that Steven then used sandpaper to remove the carved letters from D.H.’s chest — sanding each side for at least five minutes. Steven also allegedly told D.H. that “he would filet the initials off” his chest if the sandpaper did not work.

<snip>
Not from what I read.
lol. then stop reading batshit crazy sources because nobody, including the hammonds, disputes that they set the fires

The only thing in dispute is why they set them. The Hammonds say it was to protect them from fire danger. The prosecutor said it was to cover up evidence of poaching.
exactly. neither of which matters now because they have been found guilty

The people that they are "defending" don't want them there, the local population doesn't want them there, so why are they still there?

Oh yeah.................forgot..................rw nutjobs have to find some way to seem relevant, so loud screaming about nothing seems to work for them.

I say, round 'em all up, put them in jail for about 6 months, and confiscate and destroy any weapons found at the compound.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>
Not from what I read.

what is NOT in dispute is that firefighters had to leave the scene where they were doing coordinated work as their lives were unnecessarily put at risk

If they are so upstanding and their cause so just, they should go about it the right way by running for office and then changing the law through the American process :eusa_think: INSTEAD, they go the reality television-route.

Not from what I read.

exactly. neither of which matters now because they have been found guilty

I'm not unsympathetic to the Hammonds' situation. I think the government is going too far. And I wouldn't have a problem with a protest of their conviction. I wouldn't even have a problem with protesters doing a sit in on the federal building.

But right here:

"If force is used against us, we would defend ourselves," protest spokesman Ammon Bundy says"

Armed group takes over Oregon wildlife refuge building - CNN.com

Is where they go from protesters to Seditious Conspirators. As that's no longer a peaceful protest. But an armed seizure.

If they are so upstanding and their cause so just, they should go about it the right way by running for office and then changing the law through the American process :eusa_think: INSTEAD, they go the reality television-route.

They are trying to forward the idea that any group of 15 dudes is 'The People' and can consequently decide how the constitution is to be interpreted.

Its a half assed sovereign citizen argument.

I read the article about the fires and the sentencing...apparently, environmentalists want the Hammond land, and the government is doing all they can to get it.
if you did :eusa_liar: you'd have known the fires were set on "leased" BLM land hack boi

One of the fires, set in 2001, was a prescribed burn on Hammond’s private property; a routine range improvement practice. The other fire, set on Hammond’s private property in 2006, was a back-burn intended to protect the ranch’s winter pasture from a lightening fire on adjacent federal land.

Ranchers face added jail time for BLM fire | TSLN.com

Now please STFU and let the honest adults talks, Ms Stolen Valor.

I read the article about the fires and the sentencing...apparently, environmentalists want the Hammond land, and the government is doing all they can to get it.
if you did :eusa_liar: you'd have known the fires were set on "leased" BLM land hack boi

One of the fires, set in 2001, was a prescribed burn on Hammond’s private property; a routine range improvement practice. The other fire, set on Hammond’s private property in 2006, was a back-burn intended to protect the ranch’s winter pasture from a lightening fire on adjacent federal land.

Ranchers face added jail time for BLM fire | TSLN.com

Now please STFU and let the honest adults talks, Ms Stolen Valor.
Whats "TLSN"? Never heard of it

Anyway:

Ranchers Report to California Prison Amid Armed Standoff
Dwight Hammond Jr., 74, and his son, Steven Hammond, 46, were convicted three years ago of setting fires in 2001 and 2006 on lands managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, "on which the Hammonds had grazing rights leased to them for their cattle operation," according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Also, post-up anything from St. Louis (where I got duplicates of my DD-214) you have proving I'm not a vet. IP addressees won't give you that data son

Last edited:

Forum List

Back