At least 6 dead in random shooting in Kalamazoo County, Michigan, suspect under arrest

I have no idea but I bet you have an awesome conspiracy around it. I'm OK with private sales, but a background check should be involved. If I ever sell mine, I would want to know I didn't put it in the wrong hands.

You should know what you are asking for....never, ever trust anti gunners...they hide their true intentions.....

How Everytown’s background check law impedes firearms safety training and self-defense

The Bloomberg system applies to every firearms “transfer.” In normal firearms law, a “transfer” means “a permanent exchange of title or possession and does not include gratuitous temporary exchanges or loans.” Chow v. State. 393 Md. 431, 473, 903 A.2d 388, 413 (2006).

However, the Bloomberg laws create a very different definition. For example, the Washington state law says that “ ‘Transfer’ means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.” Rev. Code Wash. § 9.41.010(25).

In other words, it applies to sharing a gun while target shooting on one’s own property, or to lending a gun to a neighbor for a weekend hunting trip.

Under the Bloomberg system, transfers may take place only at a gun store. The transfer must be conducted exactly as if the retailer were selling a firearm out of her inventory. So the transferee (the neighbor borrowing the hunting gun) must fill out ATF Form 4473; the retailer must contact the FBI or its state counterpart for a background check on the transferee; and then, the retailer must take custody of the gun and record the acquisition in her Acquisition and Disposition book. Finally, the retailer hands the gun to the transferee and records the disposition in her Acquisition and Disposition book. A few days later, after the hunting trip is over, the process must be repeated for the neighbor to return the gun to the owner; this time, the owner will be the “transferee,” who will fill out Form 4473 and undergo the background check.
--------------
Safety training

Sensible firearms policy should encourage, not impede, safety instruction.

The Bloomberg laws do just the opposite. They do so by making ordinary safety training impossible unless it takes place at a corporate target range. (The federal S. 374 allows transfers “at a shooting range located in or on premises owned or occupied by a duly incorporated organization organized for conservation purposes or to foster proficiency in firearms.”)

A target range is usually necessary for the component of some safety courses that includes “live fire” — in which students fire guns at a range under the supervision of an instructor. However, even the courses that have live fire also have an extensive classroom component. Some introductory courses are classroom-only. In the classroom, dozens of firearms transfers will take place. Many students may not yet own a firearm; even if a student does own a firearm, many instructors choose to allow only their own personal firearms in the classroom, as the instructor may want to teach particular facts about particular types of firearms. The instructor also wants to use firearms that he or she is certain are in good working order. In any classroom setting, functional ammunition is absolutely forbidden.

The next article in the series...private sharing on private property, with a link to long term storage article...

Sharing firearms for informal target shooting: Another legitimate activity outlawed by Everytown’s ‘universal background checks’

Here are two things that a person might do with a firearm: 1. Sell the firearm to a complete stranger in a parking lot. 2. Share the firearm with a friend, while target shooting on one’s own property. Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” lobby is promoting “universal background checks” as a means of addressing activity No. 1. But the Bloomberg laws also outlaw activity No. 2. In a previous post, I detailed how the unusual Bloomberg laws about “background checks” for “private sales” constrict safety training and self-defense; and also obstruct safe storage. This post addresses another non-sales activity, firearms sharing.
How background checks affect long term storage when owner is away and wants to leave guns with friends...
Safe storage of firearms: The harms from Bloomberg’s strange background check system
Although the Bloomberg system is promoted as addressing private sales of firearms, the Bloomberg laws as written apply to all firearms loans — whether for a few seconds or a few weeks. There are some limited exceptions (e.g., certain family members, or at a corporate target range). But these exceptions do not apply to safe storage situations.

Consider a person who will be away from home for an extended period, such as a member of the armed services being deployed overseas, a person going away to school, a family going on a long vacation, or someone evacuating her home due to a natural disaster. Such persons might wish to store firearms with a trusted friend or neighbor for months or years. Under the Bloomberg system, for the friend or neighbor to store the firearms, the following procedures must be followed:

The owner and the bailee must find a gun store that is willing to process the loan. The store must treat the loan as if it were selling a firearm out of its inventory. Under the threat of a five-year federal prison sentence for perjury, the bailee and gun store must answer the dozens of questions on ATF Form 4473. Next, the gun store contacts the FBI or a state counterpart for permission to proceed with the sale. Under ideal circumstances, permission to proceed is granted in less than 10 minutes. The retailer then logs the gun into his Acquisition and Disposition record book, as an acquisition. He next logs the gun out of the record book, as a disposition. He hands the firearm to the bailee. The process must be followed for every firearm. If there are two are more handguns, the store must send additional forms to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Depending on the state, a fee is charged for each background check requested. The gun store, of course, will process this transaction only if it can charge a fee to compensate it for handling the paperwork. Unlike with an inventory sale, the gun store is not making any profit on the gun itself.

Later, when the bailor returns and is ready to take custody of her firearms, the entire process must be repeated, with bailor and bailee both taking all the guns to the gun store, before they may be returned to the bailor.

Sorry, if you are in possession of a gun you should have to pass a background check. That doesn't mean you can't go to a shooting range and practice. Actually, I'd prefer that you know how to safely handle a gun by passing a safety course before you're allowed to own one. Or have your buddy store "his" gun at your house for years.

So....you are going to ignore the reality of what Everytown is trying to do.......we are not talking about possession...we are talking about even if the other person is a law abiding person who may even have a permit for the gun....any "transfer" at all must have a background check.......that impedes firearm safety training, and lending a gun to a friend at the range....

If you are at a range with a friend who also is a law abiding citizen allowed to own guns...and you let them try your gun....without a background check....are you both now felons? Yes.

I think I answered your question, you're not listening.

In order to own a gun you need to pass a background check and take a safety course. That is what I feel. I think in order to shoot a gun you need to pass a background check but not necessarily own the gun hence, you can share guns with your buddies at the range. A shooting range should be able to administer background checks.

I'm not for getting rid of all guns, I'm not for the status quo either.

Yes......you are ignoring what is really the point to Universal Background Checks which I have just shown you in those articles......

Sticking your finger in your ears and humming really loud does not change what they are trying to do as you chant "Background checks....background checks....."

I'm telling you what I believe. I'm not on the left or right when it comes to gun control, I think there are problems on both sides that they refuse to reckon with. You're proving me right.

Just curious has anyone blamed the governor for lead in the water yet? A true liberal would blame that plus the guns.

56ca05971e0000230070e76e.jpeg

This murdering white piece of shit, is alive and well, so relax folks.....he's not some unarmed nigga' reaching for a wallet, or holding his hands up or walking minding his own business....that according to white cops, deserve a motherfuckin bullet in the head...NO, THIS IS YOUR AVERAGE HARD WORKING JUST HAVING A BAD MOTHERFUCKIN DAY, WHITE MOTHERFUCKER...WHO BY ALL ACCOUNTS IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY OF MURDERING 6 INNOCENT PEOPLE, INCLUDING CHILDREN.

"What it looks like, is we have somebody just driving around finding people and shooting them dead in their tracks," Matyas told CNN Saturday. "These are random murders.”

“There is no connection between any of them," he added.

Surveillance video and employees at the car dealership and restaurant helped identify Dalton's vehicle, police said in a Sunday morning news conference. They described the shootings as intentional and noted Dalton had no known criminal record.

Michael Brown didn't have his hands up. Why do you people insist on peddling that lie??

You deflecting piece of horse shit...this isn't about MB, its about yet another white bitch who kill motherfuckers living to talk about it. I'm not even gonna address you, you're too fucked up in the head. Bye mf!!!!

You totally just addressed him, dumb shit.

Guns aren't helping too much right now, are they? Nobody with guns helping stop the problem, are they?

Kalamazoo already has tough gun laws. They didn't work.

Bustle

They never do work. There has never been any evidence that they do anything.
Work great in Japan. A handfull of gun murders a year.

Japan has a different demographic. Plus, they aren't afraid to employ the death penalty.

Japan also isn't as violent as we are.
Actually they would be but they actually put criminals in jail.

Buy more guns and ammo

Police say the suspect was arrested at about 12:40 a.m. at Ransom and Porter streets in Kalamazoo. According to Michigan State Police, the suspect is a 45-year-old white man from Kalamazoo. Police said weapons were found in his vehicle.

Just another "heavily armed white man shooting"
It will soon be forgotten. These shootings have become commonplace.

Actually, no they haven't. The shootings that are commonplace take place in democrat controlled, inner city neighborhoods.....where the majority of the 8,124 gun murders occur......random shootings like this kill fewer than 70 people a year in the worst years.......the majority of gun murders are career violent criminals murdering other criminals.....
Total bullshit because you in from the truth. And hide with your firearm.

Kalamazoo being my home town (hence "kaz"), I just wanted to say fuck you all who helped this guy have a safe landscape to shoot my fellow home towners

Now that doesnt make sense. Does Kalamozoo have a city ordinace where no one is allowed a gun?

Are there no CCW laws in MI?

Just who do you think you are blaming for this tradgic shooting?

Hate to tell you this, but if someone walks up to you with a gun ready to shoot, I dont care how many guns you have on your person, If the shooter is ready and you are not, you still be dead. Guns or no guns.
Especially when the shooter is in a moving vehicle. No one had a chance with this one.

So if a gun can't protect you 100% of the time in every situation it's useless. Got it. That's your standard.

Oops, gun laws don't protect you 100% of the time in every situation! By your standard, now we throw them out!!!!!

Moron. Tell me again how you're smarter than Republicans because you aren't all black and white like they are
I think it would be lovely if we threw out every single one of them. However, it has nothing to do with less than perfect ability to protect us. I was simply stating a fact. Killers who drive around taking pot shots from moving vehicles are the worst type of cowards, but they are damnably hard to stop with a handgun, yes? I was simply feeling bad for the victims.

America is a very sick angry nation these days. It may be the wealthiest nation, but it's also one of the most angry violent nations on earth. I think it's the drugs, and i mean the prescribed ones. I think it's the greed. Americans are taught at a very young age that they must consume. They must purchase and accumulate more & more at all cost. They become 'I MUST BUY' consumer zombies. The greed consumes them. They become disillusioned when they realize they're never gonna have enough and their flat-broke. And that drives them mad. Many become bitter, angry, and violent. They lash out.

I think it's the violent greedy oppressive Government they're subservient to. The violence and greed trickles down to the People. The slaves are merely emulating their master's behavior. For such a wealthy nation, the People seem so incredibly angry and unhappy. Much of the rest of the world doesn't understand it. I truly believe it begins in childhood for Americans. They're indoctrinated on greed and violence right from the start. It's that unending quest for the almighty dollar that drives many completely mad.

This is just how i feel anyway. But hey, i could be completely off the mark. What do i know? Stay safe and have a good one. :)
I'd boil it down to a decaying culture, and I'd argue that most of the significant problems we face are attributable to it.
TV shows and movies glorify violence and revenge. Murderers are considered "cool". News and fiction about violent crime are among the most numerous things on TV. It has nothing to do with allowing gays to marry.

No one who's insane enough to go around shooting people did it because they saw murders on TV. Grow up
You are oversimplifying his statement; I disagree. Humans killing humans is all over our children's culture, from video games to the movies and tv shows their parents allow them to watch 24/7 on the electronic babysitter, TV. It doesn't convince anyone to kill, but it desensitizes children to taking human life and for some children, that is a very bad lesson to learn.

And then this guy would have killed what, 5 people instead of 6?

And what do we do with this information? Make violence on TV illegal?

What is the relevance of the point and the applicability to the discussion?
It's a start.

Here we go again.

Prayers for the victims, and for their families.

We need to find a way to reduce these shootings, that works. Not just one that sounds like it'll work to people who aren't paying much attention.

-------------------------------------------------

Michigan police say 6 dead in random shootings, suspect arrested | Fox News

Michigan police say 6 dead in random shootings, suspect arrested

Published February 21, 2016
FoxNews.com

At least six people were killed and two others were injured in a series of what seem to be random shootings Saturday night, Michigan authorities said.

Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told Fox 17 Online that a man was detained in downtown Kalamazoo. He said the man didn’t resist when law enforcement officers approached him. The man hasn’t been identified. “The threat to the public is over. We now have our suspect,” Matyas added.

Michigan State Police Lt. Dale Hinz told WMMT-TV the man is a 45-year-old white male and said the shootings at three locations were “incomprehensible.”

Matyas told Fox 17 Online that people were killed at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Texas Township, while two others were killed at Seelye Kia. All of the shootings were in parking lots. “These are random murders,” he said.

The two injured victims are in critical condition. Hinz said that one of the victims was a 9-year-old girl. She was shot in the Cracker Barrel parking lot. Police believe the shootings are related to an earlier drive-by shooting at Meadows Townhomes, which left one woman injured.

Another reason I carry and would of stood a fighting chance in the parking lot

-Geaux

Kalamazoo being my home town (hence "kaz"), I just wanted to say fuck you all who helped this guy have a safe landscape to shoot my fellow home towners

Now that doesnt make sense. Does Kalamozoo have a city ordinace where no one is allowed a gun?

Are there no CCW laws in MI?

Just who do you think you are blaming for this tradgic shooting?

Hate to tell you this, but if someone walks up to you with a gun ready to shoot, I dont care how many guns you have on your person, If the shooter is ready and you are not, you still be dead. Guns or no guns.
Especially when the shooter is in a moving vehicle. No one had a chance with this one.

So if a gun can't protect you 100% of the time in every situation it's useless. Got it. That's your standard.

Oops, gun laws don't protect you 100% of the time in every situation! By your standard, now we throw them out!!!!!

Moron. Tell me again how you're smarter than Republicans because you aren't all black and white like they are
I think it would be lovely if we threw out every single one of them. However, it has nothing to do with less than perfect ability to protect us. I was simply stating a fact. Killers who drive around taking pot shots from moving vehicles are the worst type of cowards, but they are damnably hard to stop with a handgun, yes? I was simply feeling bad for the victims.

And what conclusion do you draw from that then?

Oh and you say "the problem" with thus shooting is that it wasn't a mob hit? So you'd be OK with it happening if it was a mob hit? If not, what the heck do you mean?

In your black and white mind can you understand that events have multifaceted causes, and I'm not simply "blaming a video"?

Me and the wife were discussing thing and it occurred to me that it might not be totally random. Maybe there was a hit out for one of those shot.

-Geaux
You "would of" been trembling so bad with fear, you probably "would of" shot your little pee pee off going for your gun.

Actually , more than likely, you "would of" just turned tail and ran like the pussy you are.

I'd boil it down to a decaying culture, and I'd argue that most of the significant problems we face are attributable to it.
TV shows and movies glorify violence and revenge. Murderers are considered "cool". News and fiction about violent crime are among the most numerous things on TV. It has nothing to do with allowing gays to marry.

No one who's insane enough to go around shooting people did it because they saw murders on TV. Grow up
You are oversimplifying his statement; I disagree. Humans killing humans is all over our children's culture, from video games to the movies and tv shows their parents allow them to watch 24/7 on the electronic babysitter, TV. It doesn't convince anyone to kill, but it desensitizes children to taking human life and for some children, that is a very bad lesson to learn.

It's a start.

Seriously? You would censor TV? What about Republicans? Too much hate? Should we edit their speech? Fox is all hate, shouldn't they be off the air? What censorship do you support and oppose? Who gets to decide?

It's a start.

Seriously? You would censor TV? What about Republicans? Too much hate? Should we edit their speech? Fox is all hate, shouldn't they be off the air? What censorship do you support and oppose? Who gets to decide?

What you just posted is "all about hate" or sure sounds like it. Every coin has two sides. Defending the institution of marriage is not hating on gays. Defending the poor in this country and trying to stop the flow of low educated low skilled workers is not hating because of racial reasons.

But saying that just because someone doesn't want exactly what i want is a hater is in fact being hateful. In almost every argument with liberals they bring up either race or the word hate, makes me realize were is their mind.

It's a start.

What you just posted is "all about hate" or sure sounds like it. Every coin has two sides. Defending the institution of marriage is not hating on gays. Defending the poor in this country and trying to stop the flow of low educated low skilled workers is not hating because of racial reasons.

But saying that just because someone doesn't want exactly what i want is a hater is in fact being hateful. In almost every argument with liberals they bring up either race or the word hate, makes me realize were is their mind.

I was speaking liberal to focus on the point. OldLady is advocating censoring TV. I asked if that's just "violence" or what liberals consider "hate speech" as well

Guns aren't helping too much right now, are they? Nobody with guns helping stop the problem, are they?

Actually, according to bill clinton and supported by obama's CDC, Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack 1,500,000 times a year....I would say that that is stopping the problem of violent criminal attack for those people....

-Geaux
You "would of" been trembling so bad with fear, you probably "would of" shot your little pee pee off going for your gun.

Actually , more than likely, you "would of" just turned tail and ran like the pussy you are.
Pretty sure he wasn't talking about how you would react

Forum List

Back