At this juncture, the RW rejects the science of man-made climate change because it scares them

They are in denial. They can't accept that human civilization is in its final decades. It's part of their brains. In fact, neuroscience has shown evidence that the rightwing brain is more susceptible to fear than leftwinger brains are. This would inevitably create denial as a defense mechanism.

Again, I stress that human civilization - not the human race altogether - is in serious jeopardy. The human race may have more time, but civilized society and basic government institutions are in danger of collapsing within the next 100 years. That isn't an exaggeration - there are just a variety of factors stacked against us.

The effects of rising global temperatures have disastrous effects. It affects the human food supply, disease, water supply and natural disasters. All of these factors also raise the probability of future large-scale human conflicts.

Human and animal life on this planet is ultimately doomed, but focusing legislation on mitigating the effects of climate change will help to prolong the human race's survival.

No, we reject it because it is anti scientific and is purely in the realm of religion now. Which is why you appeal to authority (high priests), talk about morality (the realm of religion, not science), wish to incarcerate and kill sceptics (PERSECUTE THE HERETICS!) and rely, not on science, but on climate models (fictional renditions of someones imaginations) to support your now well known goal of impoverishing the middle class.

You, are an idiot.

Sadly you do not appear to be able to use cognitive thought or critical thinking skills. This is why others and you are so easily duped.
Lol dude your graph is of fucking Greenland. Meanwhile, the average GLOBAL TEMPERATURE has accelerated at an unprecedented rate since the industrial revolution.[/QUOTE]

Science really isn't your thing is it billy000. Take a look at the graph from greenland.....now take a look at this graph from Antarctica... Note the same temperature spikes and dips show up at the south pole as well. This tells us that those temperatures that show both greater change and greater rate of change were global in nature...unless of course, you care to give a rational scientifically valid explanation as to how the same temperature spikes could be happening at both the north and the south poles while skipping over the rest of the world.

Vostok_to_10Kybp.gif

The fact is billy000, you have been duped...you have been lied to and have bought into a scam...there is not a single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the man mad climate change hypothesis over natural variability..

LOL

I guess you slept through the Alarmists all "peer reviewing" their own works and that of their friends.. Peer review is now a laughing stock as are the so called reputable journals who employ the good ol boy reviewers..
Um no actually. You are just making shit up. Tell me, if peer reviewed is a farce, what specific scientific standard is better? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Sadly you do not appear to be able to use cognitive thought or critical thinking skills. This is why others and you are so easily duped.
Lol dude your graph is of fucking Greenland. Meanwhile, the average GLOBAL TEMPERATURE has accelerated at an unprecedented rate since the industrial revolution.
LOL

It is in both hemispheres data. The swings are global due to the fact they were seen globally.

And you still haven't explained why the swings were there before man's influence. Why?
Um no it isn't. It's the temperature of glacial ice in Greenland. Certain time periods are labeled but it's al in GREENLAND.

I provided you with a temperature reconstruction from the Vostok ice cores taken in antarctica..that is the south pole...the same temperature fingerprints are visible at both the north and the south pole...the temperature swings were global...they were larger than anything we have seen...and they happened faster.

Of course you could put a quick end to this discussion by slapping us skeptics down with a single shred of observed, measured, quantified data that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.....of course that isn't going to happen because there isn't any....not the first bit.

LOL

I guess you slept through the Alarmists all "peer reviewing" their own works and that of their friends.. Peer review is now a laughing stock as are the so called reputable journals who employ the good ol boy reviewers..
Um no actually. You are just making shit up. Tell me, if peer reviewed is a farce, what specific scientific standard is better? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Lol dude your graph is of fucking Greenland. Meanwhile, the average GLOBAL TEMPERATURE has accelerated at an unprecedented rate since the industrial revolution.
LOL

It is in both hemispheres data. The swings are global due to the fact they were seen globally.

And you still haven't explained why the swings were there before man's influence. Why?
Um no it isn't. It's the temperature of glacial ice in Greenland. Certain time periods are labeled but it's al in GREENLAND.
That settles it.. You get to be in the same group of idiots that cant think.. Just like Crick, Old Rocks, Mamooth and other left wing hacks that do not have a damn clue.

LOL

That settles it.. You get to be in the same group of idiots that cant think.. Just like Crick, Old Rocks, Mamooth and other left wing hacks that do not have a damn clue.
I'm the idiot? You can't even read the title of a graph lol.

[

Yes, you are the idiot. I provided you with a temperauture reconstruction from the south pole showing the same temperature spikes and dips...and you are still whining about the one from greenland

Science really isn't your thing is it billy000. Take a look at the graph from greenland.....now take a look at this graph from Antarctica... Note the same temperature spikes and dips show up at the south pole as well. This tells us that those temperatures that show both greater change and greater rate of change were global in nature...unless of course, you care to give a rational scientifically valid explanation as to how the same temperature spikes could be happening at both the north and the south poles while skipping over the rest of the world.

Vostok_to_10Kybp.gif

The fact is billy000, you have been duped...you have been lied to and have bought into a scam...there is not a single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the man mad climate change hypothesis over natural variability..[/QUOTE]
lol um climate research is based around the global average temperature. Either way, we are losing huge chunks of Antarctica so yeah, it is warming there. You're comparing how the temperature has varied from now to 10,000 years ago. That kind of context doesn't say anything.

LOL

You never address the geo-engineering issue that is the cockroach on the wedding cake of "Climate Change"....why is that? You want acknowledgment while ignoring pertinent facts....why is that???

LOL

Yes your an idiot.. Myself and SSDD have presented the data from BOTH HEMISPHERES showing that it was indeed a global event.. by refusing to even think you have shown yourself an IDIOT!

lol um climate research is based around the global average temperature.

So billy, when you see temperature spikes from both poles that were a good deal warmer than anything we have seen, and happened much more quickly than anything we have seen, what does that tell you about the average global temperature at the time?.....think real hard...

Either way, we are losing huge chunks of Antarctica so yeah, it is warming there.

No billy000, the ice didn't break off because it is warming there...it broke off because the glaciers that created it are advancing and the ice shelf just became so big that it could no longer support itself. The next panic will be that nothing is holding back those rapidly advancing glaciers now...and why are they rapidly advancing...because it is not getting warmer...it is getting colder...retreating glaciers suggest warming...not rapidly advancing glaciers.

You're comparing how the temperature has varied from now to 10,000 years ago. That kind of context doesn't say anything.

And you think that looking at temperatures from the late 1800s till now give us a better picture? You think that short term view gives us any clue as to the range of natural variability?

LOL

Yes your an idiot.. Myself and SSDD have presented the data from BOTH HEMISPHERES showing that it was indeed a global event.. by refusing to even think you have shown yourself an IDIOT!
Lol oh my god.

These guys are big on predicting doom, but damned short on any data that shows the present climate is behaving in any way other than completely naturally.

So billy, when you see temperature spikes from both poles that were a good deal warmer than anything we have seen, and happened much more quickly than anything we have seen, what does that tell you about the average global temperature at the time?.....think real hard...

Either way, we are losing huge chunks of Antarctica so yeah, it is warming there.

No billy000, the ice didn't break off because it is warming there...it broke off because the glaciers that created it are advancing and the ice shelf just became so big that it could no longer support itself. The next panic will be that nothing is holding back those rapidly advancing glaciers now...and why are they rapidly advancing...because it is not getting warmer...it is getting colder...retreating glaciers suggest warming...not rapidly advancing glaciers.

You're comparing how the temperature has varied from now to 10,000 years ago. That kind of context doesn't say anything.

And you think that looking at temperatures from the late 1800s till now give us a better picture? You think that short term view gives us any clue as to the range of natural variability?
See now you're just making shit up as you go along. Antarctic ice is MELTING.

Lol oh my god.

Typical warmer....laughing like a monkey in a tree....pretending you have a clue....engaging in all manner of logical fallacy ...all the while not presenting a shred of data that supports your belief over natural variability.

Lol oh my god.

Typical warmer....laughing like a monkey in a tree....pretending you have a clue....engaging in all manner of logical fallacy ...all the while not presenting a shred of data that supports your belief over natural variability.
No fallacy is taking a graph of Greenland and pretending it's the half the planet.

See now you're just making shit up as you go along. Antarctic ice is MELTING.

Sorry guy, the northernmost peninsula is seeing some melting, but that is due to undersea volcanic activity.

Lol oh my god.

No fallacy is taking a graph of Greenland and pretending it's the half the planet.

Talk about lying...you have been provided with a study covering the same period from antarctica showing the same temperature signals. the two demonstrate that the changes were global. Who is denying the science now?

These guys are big on predicting doom, but damned short on any data that shows the present climate is behaving in any way other than completely naturally.
They used to get a panicked reaction due to their fear-mongering and gloom and doom predictions. This is common with people who are young or have no contextual information with which to judge the severity of the true problem. Now that the past predictions have failed to materialize, most are looking for the information as to why they failed and they are learning that its a huge pile of excrement.

Now they are again ramping up the deceit and lies but no one is listening to them and the populace has greater information from the skeptic side about the non-problem. They now resort to name calling and other bully tactics in an effort to again become relevant..

here billy000, some more science for you.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

“Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away”

Modelling Antarctic and Greenland volume changes during the 20th and 21st centuries forced by GCM time slice integrations - ScienceDirect

“As a general result, it is found that the effect of increased precipitation on Antarctica dominates over the effect of increased melting on Greenland for the entire range of predictions, so that both polar ice sheets combined would gain mass in the 21st century. The results are very similar for both time-slice patterns driven by the underlying time evolution series with most of the scatter in the results caused by the variability in the lower-resolution AOGCMs. Combining these results with the long-term background trend yields a 20th and 21st century sea-level trend from polar ice sheets that is however not significantly different from zero.”

They used to get a panicked reaction due to their fear-mongering and gloom and doom predictions. This is common with people who are young or have no contextual information with which to judge the severity of the true problem. Now that the past predictions have failed to materialize, most are looking for the information as to why they failed and they are learning that its a huge pile of excrement.

Now they are again ramping up the deceit and lies but no one is listening to them and the populace has greater information from the skeptic side about the non-problem. They now resort to name calling and other bully tactics in an effort to again become relevant..

And rather than looking at the long view, which actually tells you something about the variability of climate. they want to look at shorter and shorter periods of time in an effort to make things look worse. It's like they feel the need to worry even if they have to make something up to worry about .

Forum List

Back