🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

At this point, we know the differences are irreconcilable between libs and conservatives

Ukraine wanted to join NATO

Declaring it neutral would have given putin one less and very important excuse to invade
You can always come up with pretenses for invasion both in Iraq and the Ukraine. In the Ukraine it was treatment of ethnic Russians in the country. In Iraq it was WMDs. Pretenses are food for the propaganda mill. WMDs were not very convincing in the US and treatment of Russians in the Ukraine was not very convincing in Russia. As a result, support for both invasions lacked overwhelming support.

The reason behind the invasion of the Ukraine is much clearer than that of Iraq. Russia needed a non-NATO country on it's border that Russia could influence. Having another potential enemy on it's border was unacceptable to Putin and it would certainly have been unacceptable to the US. Remember Cuba.

Although deplorable, to the West and certainly the people of the Ukraine, Putin has a good reason for invading Ukraine.

Last edited:
I think the pro russian government was against joining while the current ukraine government supported joining NATO
Ukraine status in regard to joining NATO was that on an enhanced opportunity partner. No doubt they would be accepted by NATO because of it's strategic position and relatively large military. For Ukraine, NATO was it's only hope of remaining independent from Russia. Although they have a strong military, they are no match for the Russian army. I would be surprised if the government survived more than a week.

As I said, I'm not sure.....But a child of two could see that joining NATO would be seen by Putin as provocation...Would be like Mexico joining a military alliance with China.
I wish clinton had enrolled ukraine in NATO when russia was too weak to object

but he seems to have had more important things on his mind

Putin invades Ukraine....rightwingers respond by blaming United States government.

What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? Did Putin's trolls get into all of your facebook feeds? What the hell is going on?
Look at the douchebags who blamed Trump for COVID trying to let Biden weasel out of taking responsibility for his fuckups.

After just a little over one year we are living the reality of a completely failed president and his party. Whatever could go wrong has gone wrong and continues to go worse and there is no sign of it letting up. Still, while one side is saying - See? Just look around and listen to our president try and talk!, the other side is finding ways to defend this shit show. If the media was even a little bit honest, some of these people would realize how bad it is, but I think most would still cling to some alternate lib reality any way they could.
These differences aren't between liberalism and conservatism but between authoritarianism and libertarianism.

Today, the authoritarianism happens to be arising on the left, but it isn't liberal, and not by a long shot

Ukraine status in regard to joining NATO was that on an enhanced opportunity partner. No doubt they would be accepted by NATO because of it's strategic position and relatively large military. For Ukraine, NATO was it's only hope of remaining independent from Russia. Although they have a strong military, they are no match for the Russian army. I would be surprised if the government survived more than a week.
See post #48

I wish clinton had enrolled ukraine in NATO when russia was too weak to object

but he seems to have had more important things on his mind
I'm not sure NATO would have been acceptable at that time. Romania was not part of NATO till 2004, Ukraine had only a token military force, and they were in a dire economic situation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure NATO would have been acceptable at that time. Romania was not part of NATO till 2004, Ukraine had only a token military force, and they were in a dire economic situation.
They also had nukes

it was the perfect time to scrap the bullshit deal clinton agreed to and give them REAL protection from the russian bear

Come on Dude, you know better! After Biden left BILLIONS of dollars worth of war equipment in Afghanistan
Sec. Austin: (02:26:40)
I would just flag for you, Senator, that all of the equipment that we had, that we used, was retrograded by General Miller as a part of the drawdown. Thousands of tons of equipment, and whatever high end equipment that we had, that we were using. The equipment that the Afghan Security Forces had as the Taliban took over is the equipment that you see.

Putin invades Ukraine....rightwingers respond by blaming United States government.

What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? Did Putin's trolls get into all of your facebook feeds? What the hell is going on?
It's a deplorable thing I know. It's slowly coming home to roost now.

Forum List

Back