At this rate, eventually Trumpleton's will run out of people to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oblamea would have appointed a Corona czar, gathered the "brightest" politicians, and held a beer summit. The media would gush over his brilliance and downplayed the thousands of deaths that would have occurred by now while blaming it all on Bush and Cheney.
Trump waited to name Pence the response coordinator, fired the response team, contradicted the brightest health experts, and held a dog and pony show. Then blamed well.........anyone he could think of instead of being a real leader by acknowledging the government's poor response is his responsibility.

It's China's fault, Obama's fault, Bolton's fault, the CDC's fault, the media's fault, the Dem's fault. I actually have no quarrel with faulting China for allowing the conditions under which the virus got started, then trying to keep it quiet, which caused the initial exponential spread inside Wuhan.

But speciously blaming Obama for setting up protocols that could have easily been changed, or claiming Bolton's dismissal of experts employed to handle this kind of viral outbreak was done without Don's knowledge (that is damning in and of itself even if it were true), or the media for stoking fear when many states and the federal government just declared a state of emergency.............it's pathetic.

Not only pathetic, but both transparent and typical of this prez and his cult followers.

The truth is, this admin has been two steps behind the curve since the world became aware of the outbreak in China months ago. There is no need to repeat the many ways in which it failed to prepare the nation for the inevitable. They are well understood. It was folly to think, as Trump obviously did, that travel restrictions were going to be enough to contain this in the US. Ironically, it was the admin's failure to properly handle US citizens returning from China that lead to the community transmission of the virus on the west coast.
HHS whistleblower: US workers received coronavirus evacuees without training or protection - CNNPolitics

Trump's culpability for our lack of preparation is exactly the reason time and effort are now being spent to lay the blame at the feet of others. It is manifestly evident by his own statements he did not take this matter seriously......and in many ways still doesn't. Yesterday's dog and pony show, while providing a measure of reassurance the government is finally mobilizing in a significant way, is further proof of the tardiness of the response. It's not leadership, it's being reactionary.

I am reminded of Richard Clarke's congressional testimony in the wake of 9/11. It was a moment of rare honesty and the assumption of responsibility for failure by a government official. He admitted to the public he personally let America down and so did our government. History has repeated itself.
CNN is fake news.
public-trust-poll-cnn-vs-gas-station-sushi.jpg

The virus IS China's fault. What the fuck?
To the extent the government allowed those open, wild animal markets to exist, which is where the virus started, yes...........it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.
Does it worry you at all that your candidate is in the hip pocket of China to the point of endangering the health of this nation

To the extent the government allowed those open, wild animal markets to exist, which is where the virus started, yes...........it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.
Does it worry you at all that your candidate is in the hip pocket of China to the point of endangering the health of this nation

Meanwhile in the democratic land, Biden is vowing to open the border for the virus in response to Trump's racism towards the virus.

The TDS has gotten out of hand, again.

Obama didn’t do anything about Swine flu until 2000 people had died.

Why didn’t the media and left wing assholes blast his response?

fake news.

You mean like Trump removing a bust of MLK from the White House?

no - ' like obama didn't do anything until 2000 died. ' <---- FAKE NEWS.

I don't know if Obama did that but if he did, how does that make trump not handling this properly ok?

I don't get it. If it wasn't ok for Obama to do that, how does that make it ok for trump to totally bungle this?

Top White House official in charge of pandemic response exits abruptly
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Ziemer’s last day was Tuesday, the same day a new Ebola outbreak was declared in Congo. He is not being replaced.

Pandemic preparedness and global health security are issues that require government-wide responses, experts say, as well as the leadership of a high-ranking official within the White House who is assigned only this role.
.....................................................................................................................................
If Bolton did this without Trump being aware of it, or as a result of a directive given to Bolton by Trump...........either scenario makes Trump responsible, either for ordering it or being negligent in not knowing what his subordinates are doing.

trump knew all about it. In fact, he closed that office.

He admitted it on video.

When he did it Sherod Brown sent him a letter wanting answers as to why he did it.

Here's the article about it, a screen shot of the letter from Brown and in the article is video of trump admitting he shut that office down.

View attachment 312399

How We Know Trump Was Lying When He Said 'I Didn't Do It' and 'I Don't Know Anything About' Closing the Pandemic Office
I ran the White House pandemic office. Trump closed it.
The federal government is moving too slowly, due to a lack of leadership.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...0de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

When President Trump took office in 2017, the White House’s National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense survived the transition intact. Its mission was the same as when I was asked to lead the office, established after the Ebola epidemic of 2014: to do everything possible within the vast powers and resources of the U.S. government to prepare for the next disease outbreak and prevent it from becoming an epidemic or pandemic.

One year later, I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like covid-19.

The U.S. government’s slow and inadequate response to the new coronavirus underscores the need for organized, accountable leadership to prepare for and respond to pandemic threats.

In a health security crisis, speed is essential. When this new coronavirus emerged, there was no clear White House-led structure to oversee our response, and we lost valuable time. Yes, we have capable and committed global and national disease-prevention and management organizations, as well as state and local health departments, all working overtime now. But even in prepared cities like Seattle, health systems are struggling to test patients and keep pace with growing caseloads. The specter of rapid community transmission and exponential growth is real and daunting. The job of a White House pandemics office would have been to get ahead: to accelerate the response, empower experts, anticipate failures, and act quickly and transparently to solve problems.

Failed response?

By controlling the border we are weeks ahead of Europe.
what the fuck makes you think the border is controled? Your so called presidents closing of the borders did not include counties in which he owns a golf course. Ya, he is worried about the american people when he leaves the border open to those who want to fill his pocket with money from staying at and golfing at his resort. What a leader! So awesome. Then there was him telling every one to go to work even if sick. Piled on by a severe lack of testing kits. Finally he makes his vice pres in charge of it so he can lay blame there at the end with every one else he blames. A doctor with CDC experience and quarintine experience should have been put in charge, we all know this. Add in that he callled the whole ting a hoex and yes there is video of him saying it. So lying and saying he dd not do it will not work. Mean while I go to walmart and there were fist fights over milk

Failed response?

By controlling the border we are weeks ahead of Europe.
what the fuck makes you think the border is controled? Your so called presidents closing of the borders did not include counties in which he owns a golf course. Ya, he is worried about the american people when he leaves the border open to those who want to fill his pocket with money from staying at and golfing at his resort. What a leader! So awesome. Then there was him telling every one to go to work even if sick. Piled on by a severe lack of testing kits. Finally he makes his vice pres in charge of it so he can lay blame there at the end with every one else he blames. A doctor with CDC experience and quarintine experience should have been put in charge, we all know this. Add in that he callled the whole ting a hoex and yes there is video of him saying it. So lying and saying he dd not do it will not work. Mean while I go to walmart and there were fist fights over milk

The fact that the border is closed is what makes me think it is closed. Just as you admit in the very next sentence.

Did you read the title of the forum "US message board"? Might want to read it again before continuing life in your craphole country.

President Trump is not a "so called" president. He is the legitimate president of the country. Our president...

Yet the New York Times on February 10th complained that Trump would OVERREACT and stop travel because he is a germphobe.

Just admit that left wing assholes will criticize everything Trump does period.

Try to STFU and not make everything political.

Maybe go do some meth with Andrew Gillum to clear your head.

Some Experts Worry as a Germ-Phobic Trump Confronts a Growing Epidemic

Read that article then shut up.
Paywall.

Plus I heard no mention of anything like this anywhere from anyone.

I gave you the link. You can see the headline through the paywall.

That’s the newspaper of record. Every good lefty like you should have a subscription to the NYT.
You used a source with a paywall so nobody could see Nazi Don kiss Xi's fat ass, from your own link:

In many of his remarks he has made, Mr. Trump has praised President Xi Jinping of China, even though his government has been widely criticized for a clumsy and initially secretive response to the coronavirus, and made some questionable announcements.

“They’re working really hard, and I think they’re doing a very professional job,” Mr. Trump said on Friday.

Speaking to a meeting of the nation’s governors on Monday, he predicted that the virus will have run its course by spring and again referred to the Chinese president.

“The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April,” Mr. Trump said. Referring to the United States, he added: “We’re in great shape, though. We have 12 cases, 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” (The number of confirmed cases is 12, according to a Monday update by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)

“I had a long talk with President Xi two nights ago,” he added. “He feels very confident. He feels that again, as I mentioned, by April or during the month of April, the heat generally speaking kills this kind of virus. So that would be a good thing.”

I know. I read the article. It wasn't chastising trump for being paranoid about the border.

It was chastising him because that's all he did. He thought that not allowing anyone from China was enough and didn't do much of anything else.

It also pointed out how much of a failure that was.

Yet the New York Times on February 10th complained that Trump would OVERREACT and stop travel because he is a germphobe.

Just admit that left wing assholes will criticize everything Trump does period.

Try to STFU and not make everything political.

Maybe go do some meth with Andrew Gillum to clear your head.

Some Experts Worry as a Germ-Phobic Trump Confronts a Growing Epidemic

Read that article then shut up.
Paywall.

Plus I heard no mention of anything like this anywhere from anyone.

I gave you the link. You can see the headline through the paywall.

That’s the newspaper of record. Every good lefty like you should have a subscription to the NYT.
You used a source with a paywall so nobody could see Nazi Don kiss Xi's fat ass, from your own link:

In many of his remarks he has made, Mr. Trump has praised President Xi Jinping of China, even though his government has been widely criticized for a clumsy and initially secretive response to the coronavirus, and made some questionable announcements.

“They’re working really hard, and I think they’re doing a very professional job,” Mr. Trump said on Friday.

Speaking to a meeting of the nation’s governors on Monday, he predicted that the virus will have run its course by spring and again referred to the Chinese president.

“The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April,” Mr. Trump said. Referring to the United States, he added: “We’re in great shape, though. We have 12 cases, 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” (The number of confirmed cases is 12, according to a Monday update by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)

“I had a long talk with President Xi two nights ago,” he added. “He feels very confident. He feels that again, as I mentioned, by April or during the month of April, the heat generally speaking kills this kind of virus. So that would be a good thing.”

I know. I read the article. It wasn't chastising trump for being paranoid about the border.

It was chastising him because that's all he did. He thought that not allowing anyone from China was enough and didn't do much of anything else.

It also pointed out how much of a failure that was.

It wasn't a failure, and it wasn't the only thing he did either.

At this point you should just admit that you are full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back