At this rate, eventually Trumpleton's will run out of people to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The virus IS China's fault. What the fuck?
To the extent the government allowed those open, wild animal markets to exist, which is where the virus started, yes...........it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.

Failed response?

By controlling the border we are weeks ahead of Europe.
Because of Trump's xenophobic focus on the border I completely understand why you want to believe that. It's just that you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Trumpian logic doesn't work in the real world. Never has, never will.
You guys never learn. You have not been humbled one iota. We deserve the worse that can happen. And if it does, we will see how arrogant you are then. Bring it down a few notches.

Yet the New York Times on February 10th complained that Trump would OVERREACT and stop travel because he is a germphobe.

Just admit that left wing assholes will criticize everything Trump does period.

Try to STFU and not make everything political.

Maybe go do some meth with Andrew Gillum to clear your head.

Some Experts Worry as a Germ-Phobic Trump Confronts a Growing Epidemic

Read that article then shut up.
Paywall.

Plus I heard no mention of anything like this anywhere from anyone.

Wow, you heard nothing about Trump's travel restrictions to China on CNN, MSNBC or Facebook. I am shocked, shocked I say!

THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
Trump Declares Coronavirus A Public Health Emergency And Restricts Travel From China
January 31, 2020 4:42 PM ET

ALLISON AUBREY

[...]
The declaration of a public health emergency — which will become effective Sunday at 5 p.m. ET — enables the government to take temporary measures to contain the spread of the virus, which has been confirmed in seven people in the U.S.

The action means that U.S. citizens who have been in China's Hubei Province in the past 14 days will be subject to 14 days of mandatory quarantine if they travel back to the United States.

Earlier Friday, federal officials announced that American citizens who were evacuated from Wuhan earlier in the week would be quarantined for 14 days at March Air Reserve Base in Southern California. The action represents the first time in 50 years the U.S. has instituted a quarantine order.
[...]
Trump Declares Coronavirus A Public Health Emergency And Restricts Travel From China
Not what we were talking about. The original contention was that people were afraid tRump would overreact. I heard no one talking about tRump overreacting either in the linked article or elsewhere.

Reading the whole thread keeps you from making silly assumptions.

when donny showed up at the CDC wearing a MAGA hat - he politicized it.

bigley.
I suppose it could also be he hadn't had his hair done that day yet. That must take at least an hour.

i guess he spent all his primping time on orange spray tan that didn't even have time to dry.

CBBB4A3C-61C5-4E1A-8C4E-8688441738CB-2-696x478.jpg
SEARCH FOR DONALD TRUMP'S REPORTED ORANGE MAKEUP OF CHOICE CRASHES COSMETIC BRAND'S WEBSITE
Search for Trump's reported makeup of choice crashes cosmetic brand's website

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! i figured that was from the onion or andy borowitz; but god damn - donny has made it impossible to guess upfront.

LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

Why are the comments of every left winger indistinguishable from that of 13 year old girls?

It's disturbing, no wonder you need a handout. Difference is 13 year old girls are supposed to be dependent while grown men... not so much.

wtf are you talking about 'handout'? i don't even know what that is supposta mean.

try again asswipe.

.it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.

What failed response? Elaborate in detail, TDS Lord

Lack of testing. We could have used the WHO test but for whatever reason we didn't. Read the first link in my sig.

Of course you're one of the ones who claim this virus isn't a big deal because not that many people have it. I believe you started making that claim last week when we were less than a hundred? We're now over 2k and it's still growing. Anyway, many other countries are identifying through testing where we are pretty much in the dark and continue to be until we have testing.

Yep, 2000 out of 320 million. Hardly a crisis

The fact that we have very few cases isolated in small sections of the country is a massive win. The virus will spread. People will die. Controlling the speed at which this happens is all that can be done.
The leftists non stop political finger pointing causes panic and is sick and pathetic.

^ ' The fact that we have very few cases isolated in small sections of the country is a massive win '

um ... those 'very few cases ' are ones that have been identified. the actual number of cases is far from being known at this time due to the lack of widespread testing & many people who are actually infected, don't know it & are carriers - actively contagious & actively infecting others. when testing gets into full swing - the numbers will spike bigley, strongly, & like nobody's seen before. ( here in the US ... cause we are woefully behind what other nations have been doing for several weeks now )

Too much CNN for you.

i go by what anthony fauci has been saying all along. too bad both dumbass donny & you are slow on the uptake.

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director
Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

Read Dr. Fauci's Biography

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director | NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

The US response, or rather lack of one, is dOnald tRump's fault.

That fact that China allowed the conditions that lead to.the virus was acknowledged in the OP. That's not what this is about.

Reading is fundamental my undereducated friend.

The administrations response has been spot on, and you democrats know it....

This politicizing of this health crisis, and blame game that you liberal liars are perpetuating, along with daily stirring up panic in the liberal media is just criminal if you ask me.
Yeah it was a damn hoax .... Didn't your man say he's declaring a national emergency?? How many states have? Stirring up the moron in our WH far too late
No one said anything about a hoax. This is why conversation with you people is all but useless.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oblamea would have appointed a Corona czar, gathered the "brightest" politicians, and held a beer summit. The media would gush over his brilliance and downplayed the thousands of deaths that would have occurred by now while blaming it all on Bush and Cheney.
Trump waited to name Pence the response coordinator, fired the response team, contradicted the brightest health experts, and held a dog and pony show. Then blamed well.........anyone he could think of instead of being a real leader by acknowledging the government's poor response is his responsibility.
Nonsense.

China could have handled this better. No doubt about that.

By the time people knew what was going on it was likely too late to stop this due to its epidemiology.

china gave the world the genome & the WHO along with other nations were able to produce test kits toot sweet - allowing for as early detection as possible.... south korea was testing 10K a week starting with week 1 & are up to 100k per week.

but nooooooo not us - we had to make our OWN test kits - turning out to be contaminated & put us way behind. we are now just starting to play catch up with will start to see just how widespread it is here.

Obama didn’t do anything about Swine flu until 2000 people had died.

Why didn’t the media and left wing assholes blast his response?

fake news.

You mean like Trump removing a bust of MLK from the White House?

no - ' like obama didn't do anything until 2000 died. ' <---- FAKE NEWS.

I don't know if Obama did that but if he did, how does that make trump not handling this properly ok?

I don't get it. If it wasn't ok for Obama to do that, how does that make it ok for trump to totally bungle this?
Just exactly how has the President "bungled" this at all?

I'd say our exposure to date is low.

Top White House official in charge of pandemic response exits abruptly
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Ziemer’s last day was Tuesday, the same day a new Ebola outbreak was declared in Congo. He is not being replaced.

Pandemic preparedness and global health security are issues that require government-wide responses, experts say, as well as the leadership of a high-ranking official within the White House who is assigned only this role.
.....................................................................................................................................
If Bolton did this without Trump being aware of it, or as a result of a directive given to Bolton by Trump...........either scenario makes Trump responsible, either for ordering it or being negligent in not knowing what his subordinates are doing.

trump knew all about it. In fact, he closed that office.

He admitted it on video.

When he did it Sherod Brown sent him a letter wanting answers as to why he did it.

Here's the article about it, a screen shot of the letter from Brown and in the article is video of trump admitting he shut that office down.

View attachment 312399

How We Know Trump Was Lying When He Said 'I Didn't Do It' and 'I Don't Know Anything About' Closing the Pandemic Office
I ran the White House pandemic office. Trump closed it.
The federal government is moving too slowly, due to a lack of leadership.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...0de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

When President Trump took office in 2017, the White House’s National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense survived the transition intact. Its mission was the same as when I was asked to lead the office, established after the Ebola epidemic of 2014: to do everything possible within the vast powers and resources of the U.S. government to prepare for the next disease outbreak and prevent it from becoming an epidemic or pandemic.

One year later, I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like covid-19.

The U.S. government’s slow and inadequate response to the new coronavirus underscores the need for organized, accountable leadership to prepare for and respond to pandemic threats.

In a health security crisis, speed is essential. When this new coronavirus emerged, there was no clear White House-led structure to oversee our response, and we lost valuable time. Yes, we have capable and committed global and national disease-prevention and management organizations, as well as state and local health departments, all working overtime now. But even in prepared cities like Seattle, health systems are struggling to test patients and keep pace with growing caseloads. The specter of rapid community transmission and exponential growth is real and daunting. The job of a White House pandemics office would have been to get ahead: to accelerate the response, empower experts, anticipate failures, and act quickly and transparently to solve problems.
Please show us the presidential order, signed by Trump himself, closing this office...

You can't...

.it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.

What failed response? Elaborate in detail, TDS Lord

Lack of testing. We could have used the WHO test but for whatever reason we didn't. Read the first link in my sig.

Of course you're one of the ones who claim this virus isn't a big deal because not that many people have it. I believe you started making that claim last week when we were less than a hundred? We're now over 2k and it's still growing. Anyway, many other countries are identifying through testing where we are pretty much in the dark and continue to be until we have testing.

Yep, 2000 out of 320 million. Hardly a crisis

2000 known cases. so many more are walking around asymptomatic but still very contagious. & they learned the germ can last up to 3 days on plastic & steel.

To the extent the government allowed those open, wild animal markets to exist, which is where the virus started, yes...........it's China's fault that the virus got started. They are not, however, responsible for the admin's failed response.

Failed response?

By controlling the border we are weeks ahead of Europe.
what the fuck makes you think the border is controled? Your so called presidents closing of the borders did not include counties in which he owns a golf course. Ya, he is worried about the american people when he leaves the border open to those who want to fill his pocket with money from staying at and golfing at his resort. What a leader! So awesome. Then there was him telling every one to go to work even if sick. Piled on by a severe lack of testing kits. Finally he makes his vice pres in charge of it so he can lay blame there at the end with every one else he blames. A doctor with CDC experience and quarintine experience should have been put in charge, we all know this. Add in that he callled the whole ting a hoex and yes there is video of him saying it. So lying and saying he dd not do it will not work. Mean while I go to walmart and there were fist fights over milk
The UK is now on the list....feel better?

By the time people knew what was going on it was likely too late to stop this due to its epidemiology.

china gave the world the genome & the WHO along with other nations were able to produce test kits toot sweet - allowing for as early detection as possible.... south korea was testing 10K a week starting with week 1 & are up to 100k per week.

but nooooooo not us - we had to make our OWN test kits - turning out to be contaminated & put us way behind. we are now just starting to play catch up with will start to see just how widespread it is here.

Yep, the boondoggle with the test kits was a colossal error. I don't get that whole thing.

So was trying to prevent the world from knowing the truth when it appeared in Wuhan a colossal error. That cost time, some reports are now saying this first appeared there in mid November, and allowed it to disperse more widely than it otherwise would have.

S Korea has had 8000 cases and 72 deaths in a country with a population of 50 million, so who's record do you think is better, dumbass?

Trump is now blaming President Obama for the lack of coronavirus testing - even after Trump fired the Pandemic Response Team in 2018 that President Obama had created. Holy shit...

when donny showed up at the CDC wearing a MAGA hat - he politicized it.

bigley.
I suppose it could also be he hadn't had his hair done that day yet. That must take at least an hour.

i guess he spent all his primping time on orange spray tan that didn't even have time to dry.

CBBB4A3C-61C5-4E1A-8C4E-8688441738CB-2-696x478.jpg
SEARCH FOR DONALD TRUMP'S REPORTED ORANGE MAKEUP OF CHOICE CRASHES COSMETIC BRAND'S WEBSITE
Search for Trump's reported makeup of choice crashes cosmetic brand's website

LoL - I though it was Borowitz too! :D

Bronx Colors suggests its bright-orange makeup has a "flawless and brightening effect" that gives "beautiful, natural-looking coverage" to users.

bronx-trump.jpg
That's Photoshop, dumbass.

are you saying he doesn't wear spray tan? are you saying he naturally is that color? are you saying those aren't obvious goggle whites he sporting either?

Trump is now blaming President Obama for the lack of coronavirus testing - even after Trump fired the Pandemic Response Team in 2018 that President Obama had created. Holy shit...
And the morons will believe anything that pos says

S Korea has had 8000 cases and 72 deaths in a country with a population of 50 million, so who's record do you think is better, dumbass?

we haven't been testing as long - so who knows what the total will be when this is all over with. & we are gaining on them thar deaths.

They've also had 200,000 tests given How many under the dump administration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back