at what point during

I am not really interested in watching dull, partisan political theater. I get enough that from this place.

The SOTU has become showboating theater, nothing more. All that is spoken is already known by the time the speech is given.

Someone even referred to it as America's answer to Le Théâtre du Grand-Guignol.

the State of the Union Tuesday night, will Pelosi standup and walk out?

(and will Schumer follow her like the lapdog he has shown himself to be)
Lol, not gonna happen.

Now to a real possibility:

At what point in the speech will Cheeto Jesus go off script and into full lying rant mode? I'm betting on less than half way.

I'll bet anyone on the board a hundred of those 4 cent Federal Reserve Notes to their favorite cause against a favorite cause of mine that the amount of national debt doesn't get mentioned a single time.
Sucker-bet!

It's gonna be all wall.

Lol, not gonna happen.

At what point in the speech will Cheeto Jesus go off script and into full lying rant mode? I'm betting on less than half way.

Much like his predecessors, right?

Why do you think so few people watch it?

I was gonna take bets on who farts first in Congress since it is after dinner and most are elderly..
I am sure Pelosi will stay and show her disdain with the Boy King.

She's going to be praying that her caucus doesn't make fools of themselves
and the party.

They create any type of scene and that feeds Trump's narrative of them.
You mean like this?

Lol, not gonna happen.

Please, show us where other presidents have gone off script during their SOTU address.

I'll wait.

Hopefully within the first five minutes. Then we don't have to look at her...um, beauty.
th

Lol, not gonna happen.

Please, show us where other presidents have gone off script during their SOTU address.

I'll wait.

good

Lol, not gonna happen.

I'll wait.

good
Ah, so your strategy is capitulation and your comments just bullshit.

I was gonna take bets on who farts first in Congress since it is after dinner and most are elderly..

She's going to be praying that her caucus doesn't make fools of themselves
and the party.

They create any type of scene and that feeds Trump's narrative of them.
You mean like this?

Joe Wilson was correct.

Nope.

Sucker-bet!

It's gonna be all wall.

I'm always suspicious when one single issue dominates the news cycle.

He knows he's not going to get the wall. I don't think they want the wall. I think they want the fear of the illegal immigrants infused in the minds of Americans so they'll voluntarily beg for a national biometric id connected to a database and accessible and amendable by the intelligence agencies as well as state government agencies. It will be a bipartisan effort, as usual.

And once that happens, freedom and privacy in America as we know it will be dead. I've read the past legislation on it. It's not good. Not at all. It's admittedly left purposefully open-ended to allow for the intelligence agencies to add whatever they feel like they want to the database. All in the name of security, as always.

That's where I think the whole wall scare propaganda is headed. It's why the media, both sides of the two theoretical sides of the news cycle, constantly program the narrative to be undocumented immigrants rather than illegal immigrants. They're just mouthpieces for the state department, all of em in mainstream cable news entertainment programming.

The last time the federal government told us to be afraid of brown people we ended up with people dropping their pants down around their ankles at airports while standing on pre-printed footprints at the discretion of a man from the government with a gun. And the people love them for it. It's a travesty.

Like any other tyranny in American politics throughout history, this one, too, will come courtesy of the moderate vote.

Last edited:

I had no interest in the SOTU, but watching Nancys face could make the boredom more acceptable.

(seriously doubt I'll listen to his spiel. Mute button still works, I hope)

So, you claim you, "had no interest in the SOTU" but then you create a thread about it.

That is interesting.

Myself; I find SOTU speeches too boring, drawn out, useless, and the applause is nauseating.

That's when the mute button comes in handy - just watch their body language while you're reading a book, knitting, snuggling with your cat, whatever....and it's OK to doze off, because you can rewind it if you miss something!

Last edited:

I had no interest in the SOTU, but watching Nancys face could make the boredom more acceptable.

(seriously doubt I'll listen to his spiel. Mute button still works, I hope)

So, you claim you, "had no interest in the SOTU" but then you create a thread about it.

That is interesting.

Myself; I find SOTU speeches too boring, drawn out, useless, and the applause is nauseating.
If more would call the president a liar I might watch.

Hey!
YOU can scream at the TV and call the president a liar!
You could even record yourself then post your vid here :)

Forum List

Back