Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

Nope. Just answer the question. Do you not suppose that calling atheists intellectually dead is an attack on atheists?
It's a refutation of atheistic thought. Any personal inferences are yours and yours alone.
So suggesting that theists are nmorally corrupt would just be a "refutation of theistic ethics"? Really? Do you think theists would agree with that characterisation?
You're really not getting this. Are you.
I get it just fine. You hate atheists, but want to pretend like it is those poor primitive satheists who have the problem. You are an arrogant, sanctimonious theist, no different than any other.
Hate now. You just can't seem to stop yourself from making childish mischaracterizations.
You just don't get it. do you?

I think I know what kind of atheists these people are. The slow witted kind.
But you aren't atacking atheists... You are a coward, and a liar. Why don't you just admit that you hate atheists, and be done with it.
People like you are just cheap entertainment. If I'm guilty of anything it's picking easy targets.

Atheists are just as deluded as theists as there's no proof that a god can't exist.
No one has ever suggested that God can't exist. Only that the default presumption is that God doesn't exist until such time as objective evidence proves otherwise.
Making you like me, an agnostic.
Again, that is just a diplomatic term used to not offend theists. Either you believe that there is a God or you don't. One is theist, or atheist. If one is atheist, one is a strong atheist - confident in their position - or they are not. You are not confidentin your position, so you don't eant to offend anyone. Thus you call yourslef an agnostic. But the fact remains that you believe in the existence of deity no more than I do. I am just more confident in my position than you.
I see no proof of a god, of that I am 100% sure. But I also see no proof that a god isn't possible, also 100% sure of that.
If is not a question of the possible. It is a question of the probable. Literally anything is possible. Some things, however are highly improbable.

It is possible that, one day, someone may provide irrefutable objective evidence in support of the existence of divinity. However, in light of millennia of failure to do so, I find the prospect highly unlikely. So, I am not afraid to insult theists by maintaining my continues position that, until such evidence is presented, I will stand by my conviction that God does not exist.

However, lime any rational person, I am more than willing to abandon that position once evidence to the contrary is presented.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While you may not "mention God", because you have spent the entire thread attacking atheists, it is a fair presumption that you are a theist. The flavour of theist is rather irrelevant, now isn't it? Or are you suggesting that you ar an atheist who hates atheists? That would seem to be a rather self-defeating position, don't you think?
Again, you make presumptions without evidence. And of course you need to personalize when you just can't seem to make your alleged argument. Your post only serves as further evidence of the intellectual dead end of atheism.
And I believe I answered your question. I'm afraid of dying because it might hurt and because my wonderful life will be coming to an end. Maybe afraid isn't the word. More sad. And as much as I wish/hope there is an afterlife I don't believe there is one. Do you really have a hard time understanding this?

I'm not afraid of after I die because:

a. If there is something more after this it is anyone's guess. No god visited and told anyone about the afterlife. If you believe that then you believe one of the organized religions. And so I don't fear not believing organized religions will send me to hell because I don't believe organized religions.

b. It will probably be just like it was for me 5 years before I was born. I don't recall those times. They existed but I didn't. Do you have a hard time grasping a universe where you don't participate? Trust me the earth and humans did just fine for millions of years before you were born. The stars and planets will continue after your spirit has been extinguished just like when the chicken you ate died. That's it. No heaven for the chicken. And he doesn't come back re incarnated too although people believe that too for whatever reasons. Whatever they are, they believe they are good reasons.

Do you really believe there is a heaven for you? Then tell me why and remember, you don't get to mention any religion or god in your argument.
Afraid of dying but not afraid of death. One question: Could you possibly be more confused than you are right now?

No I'm crystal clear. You're having a problem because you don't want to open your mind. If you did then you would realize gods made up.
Yeah, you're a real deep thinker. Have you made any progress in substantiating the non existence of nothing?

No. All I know is your question proves nothing so unless you have a point you think you are making, stfu, ok?

Here is the truth about your stupid question: Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof. Note: This is not the same as being close-minded.

Why there is no god

So make your point because your question doesn't prove anything and I'll be damned if I'm going to answer 20 stupid questions that ultimately lead us to the same place. There is no god and you can't prove it.

Point number 8 might be answering your question. It says something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

Note 1: Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problems and may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

But you aren't atacking atheists... You are a coward, and a liar. Why don't you just admit that you hate atheists, and be done with it.
People like you are just cheap entertainment. If I'm guilty of anything it's picking easy targets.
"Picking easy targets" A target is an object of abuse, scorn, derision, etc. Except you insisted you were not attacking anyone. So, apparently you are a liar, as well?

But you aren't anything special bro. We've had much better conversations with ding. If anything you are the retard here.

You make mudda seem smart.

Am I Dumb Test - Intelligence Test - How Smart Are You?

Good thing these scholars don't base their perception of rational thought on their own emotionalism.
I'm not sure what that means but what I do know is theists believe because they want to believe. Not because there's any good evidence.
Oh really, you're not sure what that means? But you're so certain about the meaning of everything else. Strange.

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

So because we don't feel the feeling you and the masses feel, we are spiritually dumb?

Smart person X believes in god or ‘You are not qualified’.
Ad hominem + Argument from Authority.

Invisible pink unicorns exist. You’re not an expert in them, so you can’t say they don’t.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religious but also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Good thing these scholars don't base their perception of rational thought on their own emotionalism.
I'm not sure what that means but what I do know is theists believe because they want to believe. Not because there's any good evidence.
Oh really, you're not sure what that means? But you're so certain about the meaning of everything else. Strange.

You're not smart

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” – Mark Twain

I understand intelligent people. You I don't understand.

I want to believe
There is a truth and reality independent of YOUR desires. Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is. In order to better under understand this reality and discover the truth we must look for evidence outside ourselves.

Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

# 29 Why there is no god

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

So because we don't feel the feeling you and the masses feel, we are spiritually dumb?

Smart person X believes in god or ‘You are not qualified’.
Ad hominem + Argument from Authority.

Invisible pink unicorns exist. You’re not an expert in them, so you can’t say they don’t.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religious but also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

It's good that you recognize your own irrational beliefs.

I understand intelligent people. You I don't understand.

I want to believe
There is a truth and reality independent of YOUR desires. Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is. In order to better under understand this reality and discover the truth we must look for evidence outside ourselves.

Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

# 29 Why there is no god
Now you understand intelligent people too. What a remarkable facility you have for understanding something so obviously foreign to you.

You're not smart

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” – Mark Twain
This might almost be interesting if you had any actual thoughts of your own.

You're not smart

This might almost be interesting if you had any actual thoughts of your own.
It might be interesting if you were capable of rational thought.

Forum List

Back