Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Your inference that I am angry is born of your narcissism. I couldn't care less about what you believe. It's the incessant crowing and attacks on others that makes yours an angry, militant religion, geared toward the ridicule of scorn of all others. What you infer from my postings is nothing more than your mistaken opinion. It takes a lot more than what you say to bring me to anger. You overrate yourself.

If it really makes you happy, I am proud to have provided you with some comfort and joy. I bring you tidings of comfort and joy. That's cool with me! God Rest Ye Merry People All!
:beer:
It's a profoundly silly comment to make such that "I couldn't care less about what you believe", yet, you spend inordinate amounts of time agonizing over those who dismiss your gawds as simply myth and legend.

Your anger and rage is palpable. You apply "religion" to atheism as a slur because you're incensed that even after all the history of pages in this thread and your continued attempts to define rejection of fear and superstition as "religion", you're still pursuing a failed argument.
You cling to the misunderstanding that I am angry. There is no anger here, no agony here. You praise yourself and other Atheists here in thinking that you are capable of driving me to anger. I honestly do not give a tinker's damn whether you believe God exists or doesn't exist. We're merely discussing the flawed posit that "Atheism is NOT a religion. You are simply following the doctrine of Atheism. It is more likely you that is pissed off. I sleep well every night with absolutely no malice toward the stupid fucking active Atheists that think they are not part of a religion. I simply wonder why you idiots object to its being defined as a religion.

You can repeat you lies 'til the cows come home...won't make them true.
But here you are still, incensed that anyone would challenge your specious opinions. It's your self-hate that causes you to spew the "atheism is a religion" canard. You consistently fail to show any connection between the rejection of fear and superstition and religious belief. That's most important as for you extremists, fear and superstition is a primary component of your religious belief.
Again you erroneous perceive that I am angry. I'm simply denying the stupid claim that Atheism is not a religion. How you translate that into anger is beyond me. You are evidently incorrigibly warped in the head,
It's fine to deny your anger. It's also fine that you have an insensate need to assign the "religion" label to rational and reasoned conclusions that have no connection to religion or a religious belief.

It will cause you further anger and angst but those who conclude that magic and supernaturalism is not a requirement for existence has no connection with any religious belief. It's a shame that you extremist Christians become incensed at others concluding that fear and superstition are the harbingers of a maladjusted personality.

For all your saliva-slinging tirades wherein you insist that atheism is a religion, you have never made any argument showing a common connection with religious beliefs, rituals, traditions, etc., that are a common theme shared by religions but are totally absent among those who conclude that your gods are no more real or extant than the Egyptian gods.
Okay. I'll reply to your incessant drivel just this one more time. After that, you join the "scroll over" club. I may give a short glance at your subsequent posts just to see if you've regained your senses. I challenge you to find any one or more posts in this thread wherein I can logically be perceived to have been angry when posting.

I think your persistence in claiming that I'm angry at you or any other Atheist is primarily based on your proclivity to taunt and goad, a tactic often used by religious Atheists.

You overrate yourself quite demonstrably. You likely do not have what it takes to make me angry. Actually, you make me think I'm exchanging posts with a small child whose lower lip is constantly pooched out...one that does not understand the difference between anger and opinionated discussion. Just because people might not agree with you doesn't mean they're angry. Go tell your mommy that there's a mean old man on the internet that you can't make mad. Stomp your feet and scream...that should work!

....and do try to understand these things:

• the courts recognize Atheism as religion
  • there are several Atheist churches that recognize Atheism as a religion
  • you too can become an Atheist minister...and perform weddings
  • an Atheist is someone who believes that God does not exist
  • an agnostic is someone who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists
  • there is no such thing as an agnostic atheist...that is a self contradictory term made up by modern day Atheists to please themselves
  • the Dawkins scale is pure bullshit...you are either a believer, an agnostic, an Atheist or totally ignorant of all things related to gods and religion...such as a new born babe
  • I am not an Christian extremist....I go to church for weddings and funerals only (and they are quite similar for me...the weddings I attend usually signify the demise of a perfectly good, single drinking buddy)

Now, little girl....go piss up a rope!

:bye1: ...<<<Look! I'm smiling!

Merriam Webster and Oxford dictionairies are the most referenced dictionaries. Let's see what they say shall we.

Merriam-Webster - Atheism : a disbelief in the existence of deity

Oxford - Atheism : Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Thanks for coming out.

Disbelief.

Webster: the act of disbelieving : mental rejection of something as untrue

Oxford: Inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real:

In other words, atheism is a belief that something is untrue, which makes me right even using your sources to disprove my assertions.

Why not just admit you are wrong instead of going out of your way to prove you do not understand English?
Here's another trusted dictionary definition:

disbelief
noun http://dictionary.cambridge.org/help/codes.html /ˌdɪs·bəˈlif/ us

› the refusal to believe that something is true:

disbelief - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

These modern day Atheists depend on Richard Dawkins and other idiots to soften the defining terms for them.

It's a profoundly silly comment to make such that "I couldn't care less about what you believe", yet, you spend inordinate amounts of time agonizing over those who dismiss your gawds as simply myth and legend.

Your anger and rage is palpable. You apply "religion" to atheism as a slur because you're incensed that even after all the history of pages in this thread and your continued attempts to define rejection of fear and superstition as "religion", you're still pursuing a failed argument.
You cling to the misunderstanding that I am angry. There is no anger here, no agony here. You praise yourself and other Atheists here in thinking that you are capable of driving me to anger. I honestly do not give a tinker's damn whether you believe God exists or doesn't exist. We're merely discussing the flawed posit that "Atheism is NOT a religion. You are simply following the doctrine of Atheism. It is more likely you that is pissed off. I sleep well every night with absolutely no malice toward the stupid fucking active Atheists that think they are not part of a religion. I simply wonder why you idiots object to its being defined as a religion.

But here you are still, incensed that anyone would challenge your specious opinions. It's your self-hate that causes you to spew the "atheism is a religion" canard. You consistently fail to show any connection between the rejection of fear and superstition and religious belief. That's most important as for you extremists, fear and superstition is a primary component of your religious belief.
Again you erroneous perceive that I am angry. I'm simply denying the stupid claim that Atheism is not a religion. How you translate that into anger is beyond me. You are evidently incorrigibly warped in the head,
It's fine to deny your anger. It's also fine that you have an insensate need to assign the "religion" label to rational and reasoned conclusions that have no connection to religion or a religious belief.

It will cause you further anger and angst but those who conclude that magic and supernaturalism is not a requirement for existence has no connection with any religious belief. It's a shame that you extremist Christians become incensed at others concluding that fear and superstition are the harbingers of a maladjusted personality.

For all your saliva-slinging tirades wherein you insist that atheism is a religion, you have never made any argument showing a common connection with religious beliefs, rituals, traditions, etc., that are a common theme shared by religions but are totally absent among those who conclude that your gods are no more real or extant than the Egyptian gods.
Okay. I'll reply to your incessant drivel just this one more time. After that, you join the "scroll over" club. I may give a short glance at your subsequent posts just to see if you've regained your senses. I challenge you to find any one or more posts in this thread wherein I can logically be perceived to have been angry when posting.

I think your persistence in claiming that I'm angry at you or any other Atheist is primarily based on your proclivity to taunt and goad, a tactic often used by religious Atheists.

You overrate yourself quite demonstrably. You likely do not have what it takes to make me angry. Actually, you make me think I'm exchanging posts with a small child whose lower lip is constantly pooched out...one that does not understand the difference between anger and opinionated discussion. Just because people might not agree with you doesn't mean they're angry. Go tell your mommy that there's a mean old man on the internet that you can't make mad. Stomp your feet and scream...that should work!

• an agnostic is someone who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists
  • there is no such thing as an agnostic atheist...that is a self contradictory term made up by modern day Atheists to please themselves
  • the Dawkins scale is pure bullshit...you are either a believer, an agnostic, an Atheist or totally ignorant of all things related to gods and religion...such as a new born babe
  • I am not an Christian extremist....I go to church for weddings and funerals only (and they are quite similar for me...the weddings I attend usually signify the demise of a perfectly good, single drinking buddy)

You're getting more angry and frustrated as your "atheism is a religion" rants are less coherent and more shrill with your every post.

You still haven't, and still can't define the rituals, practices, customs, traditions or supernatural entities that are a part of religious belief but are absent in your religion of "atheism is a religion".

You christian extremists have gods in your head and unfortunately, choose to live trembling fear of those angry gods. But really, Bunky, why do you think that you need to impose your fears and superstitions on others who have concluded that your Gods are no more to be feared than an angry Zeus?

If the prefix 'a' means 'without', rather than atheism being a doctrine, wouldn't it mean being without a doctrine?

What we have seen, as usual, is that there are multiple definitions of atheism.

The word is not adoctrine, it is atheist.

FYI, I just destroyed your post in in 8 words.

You completely ignored the post I was responding to. But if it makes you feel better to think you destroyed something, have at it.

Well, if -isms are doctrines, and the prefix 'a' means without, wouldn't that make theism a doctrine and atheism without that doctrine?

No, it would not. Are you another one of those religious fanatics that insist that the only valid universe is the one that they believe in?

What are you even talking about?

Good job ignoring the posts I was responding to once again, by the way. :clap2:

Merriam Webster and Oxford dictionairies are the most referenced dictionaries. Let's see what they say shall we.

Thanks for coming out.

Disbelief.

In other words, atheism is a belief that something is untrue, which makes me right even using your sources to disprove my assertions.

Why not just admit you are wrong instead of going out of your way to prove you do not understand English?

Is there some reason you skipped right over 'or lack of belief'?

Maybe everyone should just admit atheism has more than one meaning and see if some agreement can be reached on which to use.

Thanks for coming out.

Disbelief.

Here's another trusted dictionary definition:

disbelief
noun /ˌdɪs·bəˈlif/ us

› the refusal to believe that something is true:

disbelief - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

These modern day Atheists depend on Richard Dawkins and other idiots to soften the defining terms for them.
And the modern day Falwell / Robertson groupies depend on cutting and pasting dictionary definitions as toothless testimony to support a pointless accusation.

As usual, none of your cutting and pasting connects conclusions to reject claims to magic, supernatural realms, supernatural entities that you fundies share in religious belief. None of your cutting and pasting connects to religious belief.

It's as though you angry fundies have an agenda to press. Could it be that your self-hate and insecurity causes you this behavior?

Sorry you and the courts are wrong about Atheism. Now, some atheists might be pushing to become an official "religion" so they can get the tax breaks and so they can get together and socialize like theists do every Sunday, but Atheism is not a religion.

Actually, I'd like to point something out about agnostics. Agnostics are actually atheists when it comes to Christianity and all other organized religions. If you look at their position that " it is impossible to know whether or not God exists", aren't they basically calling BULLSHIT on your Jesus and Mohammad and Noah and Moses stories?

So an agnostic clearly rejects all your theist stories as lies, because if they believed them to be true, it wouldn't be "impossible to know".

So what an agnostic is saying is that they don't believe any of the stories religion tells us about back when god visited. And if those stories are all lies, what other possible reason could you have for believing in god(s)?

So, it is true that this "generic" god is impossible to prove or disprove".

BUT, most of us don't believe that even this generic god exists. That's why we say the most rational position to have is agnostic atheist.

An atheist can't know 100% for sure. We would have to be gods ourselves to know if a "generic" god exists.
Theists ancient stories are all lies. Even though there is no way to go back in time and see if miracles did occur back then, sounds pretty fishy to me.
You would love to be able to say there are only 2 camps. Theists and Agnostics. Unfortunately for you there is a 3rd category and that's atheists who think you Jesus or Mohammad god is all made up. There is a way to know it's called using your melon.

We're not angry either. Just frustrated at your stupidity.

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Most atheists are gay or lesbian. They are cast-aways of normal society, pitied, scorned, and marveled at.

Last week we were communists or socialists.

Fact is, most of us are intelligent progressive liberals.

And if I were gay I'd tell your god that says I'll go to hell to suck my dick.

I insist, for the thousandth time, that is reasonable to disbelieve in the existence of something for which there is no evidence of its existence, whether it's God or Big Foot,

and one need not repeatedly inject the caveat that it's still 'possible' for something one doesn't believe in to actually exist.

Yes, we get it. Theoretically ANYTHING is possible. That doesn't make one's decision not to believe in something some sort of mystical exercise.

Funny, I never said that your beliefs are unreasonable, I just keep pointing out that they are beliefs. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

Watch and educate your sorry self

Most atheists are gay or lesbian. They are cast-aways of normal society, pitied, scorned, and marveled at.

Last week we were communists or socialists.

Fact is, most of us are intelligent progressive liberals.

And if I were gay I'd tell your god that says I'll go to hell to suck my dick.

See? You are gay.

You know I'm not gay. Do you ever see me at the meetings?

No. We've all got hoods on and busy burning those crosses.

I dunno. Do you have the mental acumen to google "atheism"? It was at the top of the page, in a quote block. I didn't follow the link, cause I don't really care. But I think it was from Wikipedia. I'm from Missouri too.
I guessed you would not post the link. It does come ver batum from Wikipedia...a source that is open to editing by anyone. Your boy editor in this case was Kai Nielsen (born 1926) is professor emeritus of philosophy at the University of Calgary. Before moving to Canada, Nielsen taught at New York University (NYU). He specializes in metaphilosophy, ethics, and social and political philosophy. Nielsen has also written about philosophy of religion, and is an advocate of contemporary atheism.

He has redefined it for you. The original definition comes from 1570 AD. Google that! Redefining yourselves to keep from being called a religion doesn't work. That's like the liberals redefining themselves to be progressives...instead of liberals because liberalism took on a bad name several years ago. They are still nothing more than worthless fucking liberals....and an Atheist is still just one who believes that God does not exist.

Nice try, but no cigar!

atheist
noun [C] /ˈeɪ·θi·ɪst/ us

› someone who believes that God does not exist

atheist - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

That's a great argument if you accept the premise that humanity has not advanced one step since 1570.
The definition I quoted above came from a modern day dictionary.

Cambridge Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus

The etymology of the word indicates its origin being around 1570.

Online Etymology Dictionary

atheist (n.)
1570s, from French athéiste (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god, denying the gods; abandoned of the gods; godless, ungodly," from a- "without" + theos "a god" (see theo-)

There is no need to redefine the word just to make Atheists feel better about themselves. If you simply have a lack of belief in God, you're simply agnostic. It's really that simple, simpleton.

Agnostic is not sure either way. Too wishy washy for me. I'm an agnostic atheist.

I don't know if there is a god. To know that I would have to be a god myself and be able to peek inside black holes. But I'm certain enough that none of the organized religions are real so I call myself an atheist.

Lack of belief in your faith takes no faith just a brain.

The way they're trying to define atheism is based on a general 'principle' that anything is possible, therefore the atheist is committing an act of faith by not believing in God, because the possibility of God can't be ruled out.

lol, or something like that.
Correct, an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

One cannot 'not' believe in something that never existed as perceived by theists to begin with.

There is no evidence that 'god' as perceived by theists exists, therefore it requires faith to believe in something absent any evidence of its existence, where no 'faith' is required to simply acknowledge that lack of evidence.

I insist, for the thousandth time, that is reasonable to disbelieve in the existence of something for which there is no evidence of its existence, whether it's God or Big Foot,

and one need not repeatedly inject the caveat that it's still 'possible' for something one doesn't believe in to actually exist.

Yes, we get it. Theoretically ANYTHING is possible. That doesn't make one's decision not to believe in something some sort of mystical exercise.

Funny, I never said that your beliefs are unreasonable, I just keep pointing out that they are beliefs. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

By your measure, everything is a belief. Fine.

But common sense would tell us that every belief is not a religion. If that were not so, then there would be no category of humans that could be labeled 'non-religious' or 'irreligious'.

By your measure, everything is a belief. Fine.

But common sense would tell us that every belief is not a religion. If that were not so, then there would be no category of humans that could be labeled 'non-religious' or 'irreligious'.

I know why they want to lump us in together with all the other organized religions.

Notice liberal Christians don't mind when people of other faiths don't believe their bible stories? Why? They're basically saying the same thing us atheists are saying about their stories. Only difference is they believe their own fairy tales, we don't.

So for example, a Christian doesn't mind if a Muslim believes his own stories of god. Christians don't seem to mind Jews don't think Jesus was the Messiah either. Us atheists aren't alone on that. Traditional Christians don't care what Mormons think about their church being corrupt. They don't care what Jehova's say about only they go to heaven. Catholics don't care what born against say about having to be baptized as an adult to be saved.

So, they want to lump us in with all the other religions they just agree to disagree with.

Atheism is not a positive belief or a claim to knowledge. Instead, it is the default position of doubt, uncertainty and skepticism one may have regarding any claim.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods, nothing more.

This explains everything

Forum List

Back