Zone1 Atheist Hitchens admits defeat after debating the theist John Lennox

I really don't know, please tell me what it is. What is it made of? How does it get distorted by mass? Is it empty or full of energy? How many dimensions does it contain? Is it in our universe or is our universe in it?
Spacetime is the distribution of matter over time. It is made of matter. It is defined by Einstein's General Relativity equation. It is full of dark energy. It has 4 dimensions; three spatial and one time. It is our universe.

It's amazing the lengths you will go to to ignore the universe being created from matter that was not pre-existing. You think asking all of those questions excuses your dismissal of the CMB and e=mc^2.

Atheists profess a love of science but shit all over it when science does not suit their preconceived ideas. The universe began. It popped into existence and then expanded and cooled. It was not created from existing matter. That's the science. Deal with it.

Not all evidence is equally compelling or convincing. You may be convinced you have the answer, I am not.
It is when that's what all the evidence shows and you don't have any evidence to oppose it. You might as well be saying the FSM is real because you have no evidence for that either.

Paired particle production is the only explanation for the CMB.
My AI friend disagrees:
No, paired particle production is not the only explanation for the Cosmic Microwave Background(CMB):
  • CMB
    The CMB is a faint microwave glow that fills the observable universe and is considered evidence of the Big Bang theory. It's the cooled remnant of the first light to travel freely after the Big Bang.

• Pair production
    Pair production is the process of creating a particle-antiparticle pair from a neutral particle or electromagnetic energy. It can occur when a high-energy gamma ray interacts with a charged particle.

• CMB polarization
    The CMB's polarization is caused by primordial photons scattering off a hot electron gas.

• CMB fluctuations
    The CMB's fluctuations are linked to the large-scale structure of galaxies in the universe.
Do I know how this act of creation was accomplished? a chain reaction of paired particle production
What started the reaction, where did the initial energy come from, what was there before, has this ever happened before or elsewhere?

Do I know anything about this creator? I could learn the same things I could learn from studying something you created. What is it you think I could learn from studying something you created?
There is a small pond behind my house. What can you learn from that knowledge?

My AI friend disagrees:
No, paired particle production is not the only explanation for the Cosmic Microwave Background(CMB):
  • CMB
    The CMB is a faint microwave glow that fills the observable universe and is considered evidence of the Big Bang theory. It's the cooled remnant of the first light to travel freely after the Big Bang.

• Pair production
    Pair production is the process of creating a particle-antiparticle pair from a neutral particle or electromagnetic energy. It can occur when a high-energy gamma ray interacts with a charged particle.

• CMB polarization
    The CMB's polarization is caused by primordial photons scattering off a hot electron gas.

• CMB fluctuations
    The CMB's fluctuations are linked to the large-scale structure of galaxies in the universe.

What started the reaction, where did the initial energy come from, what was there before, has this ever happened before or elsewhere?

There is a small pond behind my house. What can you learn from that knowledge?
So what was the alternate explanation? Because I'm not seeing it.

Spacetime is the distribution of matter over time. It is made of matter. It is defined by Einstein's General Relativity equation. It is full of dark energy. It has 4 dimensions; three spatial and one time. It is our universe.
You don't believe in String Theory I see. So space is made of matter, mostly dark matter. But is appears there is more dark energy than matter, so maybe you should say that space is made of energy with some matter mixed in. What is the dark matter and what is the dark energy? Did they 'pop' into existence at the BB?

You don't believe in String Theory I see. So space is made of matter, mostly dark matter. But is appears there is more dark energy than matter, so maybe you should say that space is made of energy with some matter mixed in. What is the dark matter and what is the dark energy? Did they 'pop' into existence at the BB?

I didn't see anything on the matter-antimatter asymmetry problem? You must know the answer so please share.
It seems like you will do almost anything to distract from the fact that you dismiss the evidence that proves the universe popped into existence not being created from existing matter without having any evidence whatsoever.

Where's your evidence?

The reality is you are still arguing against a creator even though you tried to say you were agnostic about a creator but were certain it's not the God of Abraham.

In other words, your actions don't match your words.
Just because I don't take you as a final authority on the BB doesn't mean I know how it happened. I just don't believe you know how it happened either.

I didn't see anything on the matter-antimatter asymmetry problem? You must know the answer so please share.
It seems like you will do almost anything to distract from the fact that you dismiss the evidence that proves the laws of nature existed before space and time were created.

Where's your evidence?

Just because I don't take you as a final authority on the BB doesn't mean I know how it happened. I just don't believe you know how it happened either.
Where's your evidence that the universe did not pop into existence not be created from pre-existing matter?

Atheists are big on evidence except when the evidence goes against them. Then they just ignore the evidence.

It seems like you will do almost anything to distract from the fact that you dismiss the evidence that proves the universe popped into existence not being created from existing matter without having any evidence whatsoever.

Where's your evidence?
I doubt we'll ever have PROOF but your evidence is very far from it. Other theories fit the current evidence:
  • One hypothesis posits that our universe is just one of many in a larger multiverse. In this scenario, the Big Bang might be just one event in an infinite series of universes being born, with no definitive "before" because time might not be linear across different universes.
  • Some theories propose that the universe goes through endless cycles of Big Bangs and Big Crunches (where the universe collapses back into a singularity and then explodes again). In this view, our Big Bang might be just the latest in a series of such events, with no true beginning or end.

I doubt we'll ever have PROOF but your evidence is very far from it. Other theories fit the current evidence:
  • One hypothesis posits that our universe is just one of many in a larger multiverse. In this scenario, the Big Bang might be just one event in an infinite series of universes being born, with no definitive "before" because time might not be linear across different universes.
  • Some theories propose that the universe goes through endless cycles of Big Bangs and Big Crunches (where the universe collapses back into a singularity and then explodes again). In this view, our Big Bang might be just the latest in a series of such events, with no true beginning or end.
Where's your evidence? My evidence is the CMB and e=mc^2.

Do you know what evidence is?

Forum List

Back