Atheist Seeking U.S. Citizenship Told She Must First Join Church Or Be Denied

Doughty's reasoning is perfectly valid, atheist groups have argued in response to the rejection threat. The Freedom From Religion Foundation sent a letter to Citizenship and Immigration Services, calling the government request "illegal and unconstitutional."

True.

If she’s denied citizenship she should appeal the decision and compel the government to justify the policy; or absent that grant her citizenship.

Doughty's reasoning is perfectly valid, atheist groups have argued in response to the rejection threat. The Freedom From Religion Foundation sent a letter to Citizenship and Immigration Services, calling the government request "illegal and unconstitutional."

True.

If she’s denied citizenship she should appeal the decision and compel the government to justify the policy; or absent that grant her citizenship.
She should not be denied citizenship based on her atheism, she should be denied citizenship based on her liberalism.

True.

She should not be denied citizenship based on her atheism, she should be denied citizenship based on her liberalism.

Wouldn't that be against the Constitution that you wingnuts profess to worship (when it suits your agenda)?

True.

Wouldn't that be against the Constitution that you wingnuts profess to worship (when it suits your agenda)?
No.

True.

Too bad for you that she wasn't denied citizenship, isn't it?

I see nothing wrong with proving the view points. And I am skeptical she is relaying their requirements the way they would. They are probably just asking her to verify her beliefs according to the law.

I agree. She's got an agenda, she's trying to make political hay of it.

Nevermind. I got confused...

Seems to me that those who will not let her become a citizen are the ones with the agenda.....they are making the rules, not her.

Don't you find it interesting that the same people who want the Government order Citizens to violate their religious beliefs are upset that this is happening?

True.

Since when does anyone have the "Right" to be given U.S. Citizenship???

If you get the right group you can get anything you aren't entitled to have. A lung for one. Citizenship for someone else. Identity politics. That's what it's all about. No more rule of law.

"...I disgust an Obamabot? Good. :clap2:
Are you pickin' on ObamaBots again? Wassamaddayou? You know how sensitive they can be! Shame on you!
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
They are an emotional lot, aren't they?

Forum List

Back