Atheist soldier says Army punished him

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

disagree with this. notice, no mention of a god. NO mention of the bible being the origin of the authority to create a constitution.

There is a reason pagan rulers are on the suprememe court building. It's not because christianity is the root of all that is lawful. By extension, not all lawful nations owe a damn thing to christiany OR monotheistic religions. If so, then we'd have to give Hammarabi's god equal consideration as jebus... But thats not on the christian agenda, is it?

For real, this is just like dogma junkies building a "creation museum" as if it means anything to the rest of science. thumpers can claim this and that all day long but, at the end of the day, there is still historic fact to consider.

WRONG. "BLESSING" is a direct acknowledgement this comes from God. They believed blessing could only come from God, so by using the term, who do they think these rights came from?

Those who show that slaves existed in Israel and the Bible, approved by God, are comparing apples and oranges, as the slavery in the Bible is NOTHING compared to the treatment of Blacks, circa 1800. One should be called slavery, (the blacks) adn the other involuntary servitude

:rofl:

werent you just giving out free lectures about opinions versus fact?

:rolleyes:

Numbers 31:17-18 (King James Version)
17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

of COURSE thats not REAL rape and murder... apples and oranges, you know..

Both. The Declaration of Independence states plainly that our FREEDOMS are given us by God. If you take freedom out of the equation, then what is wrong with "might makes right" and those with the power can impose their will on you and take away your rights?

If they are given by God, no man certainly has the right to take away our rights, not does any govt.
Wrong! Organized religions have proven that even if God gives us inalienable rights...men will take them away and callously use the "scriptures" to do so.

TAOMON, I'm not referring to Christianity, check my other posts...I'm referring to the fact that MONOTHEISM--the belief in one God--played a role in the foundations of this country. I clarified this in earlier posts. I agree that Christianity did not play role. This explains why you don't see "IN JESUS WE TRUST" on our currency.

You guys need to get off the anti-christian juice and actually read what people post.

All of the evidence that I just posted has nothing to do with Christianity, it has to do with Monotheism.

But here is the crux...Freedom of religion is also Freedom from religion.

In God We Trust was added to our currency after WWI. This is far removed from our founding fathers.

Uh, you might wanna reread the thread, dude. The arguement is whether or not this is a CHRISTIAN NATION.. not if there were christians in the thirteen colonies. Who the hell has ever denied that there were christians in colonial America? Quote someone suggesting as much. Are you familiar with the term strawman?

And no, the CONSTITUTION is not besides the point. THAT is the document that defines this nation. THAT is the source of our liberties. Not the Decleration... Not random Hamilton quotes. NOT some conveluded christian crusade to piss on the tree of america and claim it for the sake of their ghost in the sky. Go back and reread some history without the dogma bifocals clouding your eyes. There is a reason the very first amendment deals with the seperation of church and state... maybe if you stop injecting dogma into your veins you'll comprehend that Jefferson, in fact, by his own actions and words was as far from a christian as I am.

Say, what does the term JEFFERSONIAN DEMOCRACY mean to you anyway?

After all, if you still insist that christianity played a role then so to did a pagan god that gave Hammurabi his laws, eh? I mean, FAR BE IT for a christian to ignore hisotry as long as it doesn't kiss the ass of jebus, eh?

Are you going to stop bouncing around in your position? So, NOW since you can't deny the fact of Mohammed and Hammurabi, you want to suggest that it's merely RELIGION IN GENERAL that is the heavy influece rather than, say, the desire for liberty, eh?

:rofl: ooook, dude.

yea, and currency added "in god we trust" WHEN, again? DOH! didn't think that one through, did you? Hey, why don't you remind me about the pledge now! I probably don't hve a bear claw waiting for you behind that door....

HAHAHAHAHA!

So, let me get this strait.. NOW, you are to the point of declaring that any monotheistic religion, EVEN ISLAM, is the source by which our nations laws are defined, eh? :rofl:

I'm about to put you back on my wall of trophies, dude.

Yea, you keep poking around with "evidence" dude... maybe you'll read something that is not a study guide from history 101 at bob jones U.

He is trying to use a back door approach to say that this is a Christian nation.

WRONG. "BLESSING" is a direct acknowledgement this comes from God. They believed blessing could only come from God, so by using the term, who do they think these rights came from?

Blessings of liberty does not mean that God provides it. Not in fact and not in the minds of the Founding Fathers. Try again.

So, I can be denied promotion if I am not a member of a certain protestant sect that my Commanding Officer belongs to?

Shit, that fucks a lot of Catliks.

Those who show that slaves existed in Israel and the Bible, approved by God, are comparing apples and oranges, as the slavery in the Bible is NOTHING compared to the treatment of Blacks, circa 1800. One should be called slavery, (the blacks) adn the other involuntary servitude

werent you just giving out free lectures about opinions versus fact?

:rolleyes:

Numbers 31:17-18 (King James Version)
17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

of COURSE thats not REAL rape and murder... apples and oranges, you know..

And this has exactly "what" to do with seperation of church and state? You really are loopy,

Wrong! Organized religions have proven that even if God gives us inalienable rights...men will take them away and callously use the "scriptures" to do so.

example of when those rights were taken away when the person(s) did nothing wrong?

Dont give me examples of people using scriptures for their own ends. It will just prove you are either ignorant and or a liar, just like poor pathetic shogun. Jesus said you will be known by your fruits, and its obvious when people like those who carried out the inquisition, were not doing their deeds for God, but rather for their own greedy desires.

Originally Posted by Shogun
Uh, you might wanna reread the thread, dude. The arguement is whether or not this is a CHRISTIAN NATION.. not if there were christians in the thirteen colonies. Who the hell has ever denied that there were christians in colonial America? Quote someone suggesting as much. Are you familiar with the term strawman?

And no, the CONSTITUTION is not besides the point. THAT is the document that defines this nation. THAT is the source of our liberties. Not the Decleration... Not random Hamilton quotes. NOT some conveluded christian crusade to piss on the tree of america and claim it for the sake of their ghost in the sky. Go back and reread some history without the dogma bifocals clouding your eyes. There is a reason the very first amendment deals with the seperation of church and state... maybe if you stop injecting dogma into your veins you'll comprehend that Jefferson, in fact, by his own actions and words was as far from a christian as I am.

Say, what does the term JEFFERSONIAN DEMOCRACY mean to you anyway?

He is trying to use a back door approach to say that this is a Christian nation.

Your dismissal of the DOA just proves that you must be myoptic and closed minded to keep your delusions alive.

Why dismiss the DOA? Its a valid legal document and showed the state of mind of the FF's, which is what we are trying to determine. Why can you use letters of Jefferson which arent the Constitution, then turn around and argue the DOA is meaningless because its not the Constitution.

In fact, the DOA carries much more standing in terms of representing what our country was, as it is a declaration of many of the FF's, if not all, while Jeffersons letters are merely one mans view, which is quite meaningless. The nation as a whole is a collection of many peoples values, not just one person named Jefferson.

You guys keep bringing up Jefferson because you got nothing else and its so weak, its pathetic

Blessings of liberty does not mean that God provides it. Not in fact and not in the minds of the Founding Fathers. Try again.

Really>?. tru reading some letters from many of the FF's, for example, George Washington, THE FATHER of our nation, he emphatically states over and over and over that we , as a nation, received our blessings from almight God.

This is a Federal holiday in which the President said we should as a nation thank God for his blessings on us as a nation. If thats not a govt promoting religion, then it simply doesnt exist. If you can read this and still believe they wanted a seperation of church and state, then you belong in a straight jacket. Seriously. And dont forget, congress voted and approved the holiday and its purpose.

Thanksgiving Proclamation

[New York, 3 October 1789]

Page Image.
By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor-- and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be-- That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks--for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation--for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war--for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed--for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted--for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions-- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually--to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed--to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord--To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us--and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

AND NOTE, HE REFERS TO BLESSINGS AS BEING FROM GOD,

I was going to highlight in BOLD the really pertinent and important parts, but I found myself highlighting the entire thing.

And this has exactly "what" to do with seperation of church and state? You really are loopy,

Im making fun of the stupid circular argument of your stupid post number 117. Hey, maybe if you run to a mod and cry about the thread you have nave my posts removed in this one too!

Yes, it's probably the guy who thinks that slavery was not validated in the OT when bringing up Americas stint in slavery that is the loopy one.

Forum List

Back