atheist to pass out materials at Florida high schools

So what do atheists believe? What is worth fighting for in their lives?

Family, friends... the idea that we are suddenly without meaning is nonsense.

I bet most 'christians live their day to day lives no differently than I do, supporting and loving their families. Spending time with friends.

So if someone came and told you that you had to "believe in x", you would.....?

I don't think anyone would. Some might fake it...

Atheist pamphlet:

We are atheists, we believe in NOTHING!

The earth, the universe and life just "magically" happened.

That's it.

What do you have that is better?

I'm not an atheist, but I at least have the fundamental understanding that atheism is not the belief in nothing. That's nihilism.

So what do atheists believe? What is worth fighting for in their lives?

Perhaps you should ask an atheist if you want an atheist answer. However, it really shouldn't need explaining that there are many things that one can believe in or fight for. Would you like a list?

It's a good move by the atheists and may well succeed.

Anyone may practice his or her own religion in tax-public environments as long as the government process is not disrupted and one's neighbors are not bothered.

The law is simply: one cannot proslytize on tax-supported property.

Would you mind getting your rhetoric straight.

Your second statement is blatantly false by the way. I guess enough pages have passed that you felt comfortable repeating this blatant lie that I already called out but just give it up.

It is entirely common for churches to hold groups and proselytize on public parks for example.

FA_Q2 apparently is not playing with a full deck.

My second statement about is true. However, if an organization wants to rent space for a specified period, sure, go for it.

We were talking about public schools, not public parks.

FA_Q2, stay up with the rest of us.

FA_Q2 apparently is not playing with a full deck.

My second statement about is true. However, if an organization wants to rent space for a specified period, sure, go for it.

We were talking about public schools, not public parks.

FA_Q2, stay up with the rest of us.

Tax supported land is not just schools. I have a full deck, you might have one or two cards.

I don’t expect you to actually deal with your false statements though, that would require intellectual honesty.

FA_Q2 is wandering in a waste land of his own thinking.

We were talking about tax-supported schools: no religious literature may be handed out.

Keep up, please.

We were talking about tax-supported schools: no religious literature may be handed out.

Keep up, please.

Please do, as this court case proves, religious scriptures may very well be handed out. As a matter of fact, the court ordered the school to allow it. Or did you miss that also in your haste to be an idiot…

Keep up, please.

Please do, as this court case proves, religious scriptures may very well be handed out. As a matter of fact, the court ordered the school to allow it. Or did you miss that also in your haste to be an idiot…

Not during school hours, not as an exercise of proslyzitation.

Atheists win right to pass out materials at Florida high schools - Washington Times

If the Christians get to do it, then so should we. That was the winning argument of atheists who fought for access to several Florida high schools to distribute group documents — same as evangelicals did with Bibles in January.

“We want to close the door to religion in schools, not open it to Freethought,” said David Williamson, an organizer with the Central Florida Freethought Community, the Orlando Sentinel reported. “[But] if they’re going to have a religious discussion on campus, we need to be a part of it.”

Read more: Atheists win right to pass out materials at Florida high schools - Washington Times
Follow us: @Washtimes on Twitter

fair is fair dont you think?

How can an atheist be a part of a religious discussion?

How can an atheist be a part of free thought? The very essence of atheism is tyranny.

Forum List

Back