Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

...and tell us there's no God.

That is why scientists like Carl Sagan so eagerly tell us there MUST be life on other planets, but it's a wish, there is no science to back up his claims.

So far, after decades of listening with radio telescopes, the skies have been totally silent.

Either aliens don't exist at all anywhere in the universe, or they are so far away their transmissions will never reach us.

And in either case, we will never have aliens visit us.

We are probably alone.

I consider myself an atheist and I do not want to have any contact with aliens if they do indeed exist and have the technological capabilities to actually travel to our planet.

Would you have wanted to be a Native American if you knew beforehand what would happen when a technologically superior force landed on your doorstep?

We have no reason to believe any alien race with the capability of interstellar travel will be benign and helpful. Most likely they'll just wipe us out and take the earth for themselves.
We are kinda hoping alien visitors have evolved past their childhood and will just come here for the comedy. "Hey look at them! Remember your history books? The crew from Xavior III is still being worshiped here, so be careful. They even killed the captain. Earthlings are CRAZY!"

Not a bet I want to make.

technological advancement and benevolence are not mutually exclusive.

Boss's spirit God is not nature, even though he claims he is. His God has consciousness and makes decisions. There was a change when his spirit decided to create. Boss also claims his God judges and if we pass the test, we evolve into a higher plane.

God IS nature. You haven't disproved it and you can't.

You've also avoided defining consciousness. Again, you can't.

Decisions? Decisions are made by rational humans engaging in choice based on thought and contemplation. Why would an omniscient and omnipotent God need to do that? And I explained a perfectly valid physical way in which to consider "judgement" in my previous post. Physical nature "judges" all the time, it's the fundamental basis of Darwin's Natural Selection. So this was explained to you but you can't help but attempt to mock it and ridicule it because you suffer from emotional trauma from a bad religious experience.

Furthermore, I presented MY viewpoint and clearly qualified it as such, along with the disclaimer that you are entitled to believe otherwise. And I did not say "WE" do anything. Our physical bodies die and decompose... become worm food. The spirit which resides in our bodies is eternal, as all spiritual things are. You don't believe you have a spirit because you don't believe in spiritual things. Therefore, any opinion you might have on what happens to something you don't believe exists, is totally irrelevant.

...and tell us there's no God.

That is why scientists like Carl Sagan so eagerly tell us there MUST be life on other planets, but it's a wish, there is no science to back up his claims.

So far, after decades of listening with radio telescopes, the skies have been totally silent.

Either aliens don't exist at all anywhere in the universe, or they are so far away their transmissions will never reach us.

And in either case, we will never have aliens visit us.

We are probably alone.

I consider myself an atheist and I do not want to have any contact with aliens if they do indeed exist and have the technological capabilities to actually travel to our planet.

Would you have wanted to be a Native American if you knew beforehand what would happen when a technologically superior force landed on your doorstep?

We have no reason to believe any alien race with the capability of interstellar travel will be benign and helpful. Most likely they'll just wipe us out and take the earth for themselves.

And what would we do if we found another species as evolved as humans were during the industrial revolution? Would we be nice or wait for them to get smart enough to come kill us? I would think the best thing to do would be control them/rule them/take them over/kill them/enslave them/steal their planet.

Oh and rape their women.

We are millions of not billions of years away from being capable of interstellar travel so we won't be finding any less evolved alien civilizations.

In fact the sun is going to run out fuel and expand to completely incinerate the interior planets before we develop faster than light travel. That is if we don't go extinct first of course

Boss's spirit God is not nature, even though he claims he is. His God has consciousness and makes decisions. There was a change when his spirit decided to create. Boss also claims his God judges and if we pass the test, we evolve into a higher plane.

Decisions? Decisions are made by rational humans engaging in choice based on thought and contemplation. Why would an omniscient and omnipotent God need to do that? And I explained a perfectly valid physical way in which to consider "judgement" in my previous post. Physical nature "judges" all the time, it's the fundamental basis of Darwin's Natural Selection. So this was explained to you but you can't help but attempt to mock it and ridicule it because you suffer from emotional trauma from a bad religious experience.

Furthermore, I presented MY viewpoint and clearly qualified it as such, along with the disclaimer that you are entitled to believe otherwise. And I did not say "WE" do anything. Our physical bodies die and decompose... become worm food. The spirit which resides in our bodies is eternal, as all spiritual things are. You don't believe you have a spirit because you don't believe in spiritual things. Therefore, any opinion you might have on what happens to something you don't believe exists, is totally irrelevant.

You haven't proven a god exists either.

FYI saying a god did it when you don't know how something happened is not proof of that god

FYI saying a god did it when you don't know how something happened is not proof of that god
Boss do you see what we are saying?

Indeed, no matter how it is defined, scientists agree that multicellularity has occurred multiple times across many clades. Defined in the loosest sense, as an aggregation of cells, multicellularity has evolved in at least 25 lineages. However, even when defined more strictly -- requiring that cells be connected, communicate, and cooperate in some fashion or another -- it has still notably evolved once in animals, three times in fungi, six times in algae, and multiple times in bacteria.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140125172414.htm

Multiple times independently!

Single-cell life has NEVER evolved into multicellular life. There is ZERO evidence it has, other than the mere existence of multicellular life. Evolution of multicellular life is not crossing that bridge, the bridge has already been crossed.
Stomping yer feet won't help your case.

I think you admitted to the fossil record. Does your spirit God create & judge every day? How much of the universe is on auto-pilot? I got really really tired at morning prayer that always included "Thank you for waking me up this morning". Some even claimed that every breath required God's intervention.

Is Boss ever tired of being wrong?

The leap from single-celled life to multicellular creatures is easier than we ever thought. And it seems there’s more than one way it can happen.

One gene may drive leap from single cell to multicellular life
I believe this is how evolution works and thus there is no such thing as junk DNA (now the term has been improved to non-coding DNA). In our genome we have all the genes from preexisting ancestral species (more or less) and all it takes is to turn a non-coding section on to get evolution.

Boss might find this interesting

For the midterm exam of the UCSD/SDSU graduate course Integrative Microbiology that Doug Bartlett and I teach, we gave students the option of answering this Talmudic, open-ended-type question:

'How would you go about defending the statement that "all living things are connected to other living things" to an educated lay audience? What examples would you present to illustrate how pervasive this is in the living world?’

We liked the answers, so we decided to post them all

How All Living Things Are Connected (In An Exam)

Now he can contact these scientists and bore them with his hypothesis'.
Thank You for sharing. Those were excellent!

So you want to know the origin of the big bang? Because that's as far back as we can go. But I can't tell you anything about the universe prior to the big bang. And your problem is in your tiny mind there was nothing before our universe. God just sat around in empty space for infinite years before the big bang just twittling his thumbs. He never had another universe prior to 13 billion BC? That's weird.

Ask yourself.... What is a year? Is it not the measure of time it takes for our Earth to revolve around it's sun? Is the Earth and Sun physical or spiritual? What is fundamentally wrong with your brain that makes you believe this universe operates on the measurement of Earth revolving around it's sun? OR that a Creator God is subject to that measurement?

Since a Spiritual Entity is eternal and everlasting, the measure of a planet revolving around it's sun means absolutely nothing. That is purely a physical measurement of a physical dimension we call "Time." And this may blow your little mind but OUR measurement wouldn't mean a thing to sentient carbon-based beings on another planet in our universe, if one exists. Their "day" may be 6 hours or 58 hours... their "year" may be 10 months or 500 years. They may not even measure time the same way. Heck, we haven't even always measured time the same way!

I read your posts sometimes and it fucking amazes me that you are so incredibly naive and stupid. You just continue to make the most childlike points as if you're actually educating us all... it's stunning to me!

This is what the debate was like before Moses came down from the mountain claiming to know what god wants and that they spoke. I love it. I wish we could go back to these days because this is where the debate should be. Some people believing a creator created us and they have zero evidence but they strongly believe and then there's us non believers who admit we don't have all the answers but we are not convinced an intelligent creator created us. And organized religions we knew to be man made scams.

So you want to know the origin of the big bang? Because that's as far back as we can go. But I can't tell you anything about the universe prior to the big bang. And your problem is in your tiny mind there was nothing before our universe. God just sat around in empty space for infinite years before the big bang just twittling his thumbs. He never had another universe prior to 13 billion BC? That's weird.

Ask yourself.... What is a year? Is it not the measure of time it takes for our Earth to revolve around it's sun? Is the Earth and Sun physical or spiritual? What is fundamentally wrong with your brain that makes you believe this universe operates on the measurement of Earth revolving around it's sun? OR that a Creator God is subject to that measurement?

Since a Spiritual Entity is eternal and everlasting, the measure of a planet revolving around it's sun means absolutely nothing. That is purely a physical measurement of a physical dimension we call "Time." And this may blow your little mind but OUR measurement wouldn't mean a thing to sentient carbon-based beings on another planet in our universe, if one exists. Their "day" may be 6 hours or 58 hours... their "year" may be 10 months or 500 years. They may not even measure time the same way. Heck, we haven't even always measured time the same way!

I read your posts sometimes and it fucking amazes me that you are so incredibly naive and stupid. You just continue to make the most childlike points as if you're actually educating us all... it's stunning to me!
A minute to me is a minute to god.

And I love it that I get under your skin you stupid bitch. Here we have 3 people telling you ya cra cra and no one ever seems to be on board with your ideas.

And you think you are smart. You are clever no doubt but still a primitive chimp.

Stomping yer feet won't help your case.

I think you admitted to the fossil record. Does your spirit God create & judge every day? How much of the universe is on auto-pilot? I got really really tired at morning prayer that always included "Thank you for waking me up this morning". Some even claimed that every breath required God's intervention.

I'm not stomping my feet. Stomping your pathetic weak ass, maybe.

Admitted the fossil record? What, that it exists? Sure! Can't deny that! Does it "say" what YOU claim? That's a different story and I don't trust your "reading of the tea leaves" on that. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with religion but that isn't a scientific argument. I find nothing in any science book which states emotional trauma is part of the scientific method.
Not a single, even attempt, of an answer in your post

What I try to do is dumb it down for you pal.

As I've repeatedly said... IF that is the reason and purpose for all this posting, you're in for disappointment. If I could PROVE the existence of God, there wouldn't be a thread, there wouldn't be any debate. I can't believe rational people actually expect to discover that someone has proven God. Especially to people who are devoutly committed to not believing in God and who refuse to acknowledge spiritual evidence.

So if that's what you're after, it's not going to happen here. If that's the "argument" you wanted to win, congratulations!

Now.... the "God Did It!" thing... I've already addressed as well. OF COURSE God did it! For a believer in God, that goes without saying... it's a given that God did it! This doesn't answer any question as to HOW God did it. So to keep trying to make this point is just asinine and dumb. The man who is responsible for mapping the human genome already knew that God did it... he worked on the science anyway. Isaac Newton already knew God did it... that didn't prevent him from unlocking the mysteries of physics. History is full of people who believe "God did it" yet they've made incredible scientific discoveries which are invaluable to our understanding of our universe. Belief that "God did it" doesn't hinder anything.

Creation is a decision by your spirit God. You follow the Right Wing Christian God, you just refuse to admit it so you don't have to deal with the stories

You believe

1) creation only once and in 6 "days"
2) If you are not God's moral, you are screwed & will be judged harshly
3) No abortion
4) No global warming
5) No fossil record

I've been asking what YOU believe.

Last edited:

You just gave the bible answer, Mr. Christian. Why do you deny your Christianity?

Life needs energy and that is what determines real time, the time between meals. The time period is short and determined by the laws of physics and chemistry.

And I love it that I get under your skin you stupid bitch. Here we have 3 people telling you ya cra cra and no one ever seems to be on board with your ideas.

And you think you are smart. You are clever no doubt but still a primitive chimp.

Let me tell you a little story here...

Upon publishing his Theory of Special Relativity, Albert Einstein received word that 500 scientists had signed a statement refuting his theory and proclaiming it worthless. Do you know what his reply was?

"Why 500 when ONE would do?"

You see.... his point is, that scientific theories only need ONE valid refutation to be invalidated. If ANY of those 500 scientists could've provided scientific evidence to refute his theory, that would've been enough. No need for 500.

So... I don't really care if there are 3 people or 3 million people arguing against me. Until someone can offer evidence to refute what I've said, it hasn't been refuted. Popularity of thought is NOT a scientific argument... EVER! In fact, I would argue, that's precisely why Science was invented. It removes objective intelligent thought away from popular conventional wisdom and plants it firmly on the grounds of physical evaluation of testing, measuring and observing.

Single-cell life has NEVER evolved into multicellular life.

patently false claim by a creationist.

all multisubdivided cellular organisms evolve from a single cell. there is no quandary in evolution from a single cell to a multisubdivided cellular organism.

no multidissimilar celled organism exist on planet earth.

You just gave the bible answer, Mr. Christian. Why do you deny your Christianity?

Life needs energy and that is what determines real time, the time between meals. The time period is short and determined by the laws of physics and chemistry.
Told you he's a cherry picker.

Single-cell life has NEVER evolved into multicellular life.

patently false claim by a creationist.

all multisubdivided cellular organisms evolve from a single cell. there is no quandary in evolution from a single cell to a multisubdivided cellular organism.

no multidissimilar celled organism exist on planet earth.
Like all creationists, he demands we put some dirt into a petri dish today and have a baby human crawl out tomorrow.

Let me tell you a little story here...

Upon publishing his Theory of Special Relativity, Albert Einstein received word that 500 scientists had signed a statement refuting his theory and proclaiming it worthless. Do you know what his reply was?

"Why 500 when ONE would do?"

You see.... his point is, that scientific theories only need ONE valid refutation to be invalidated. If ANY of those 500 scientists could've provided scientific evidence to refute his theory, that would've been enough. No need for 500.

So... I don't really care if there are 3 people or 3 million people arguing against me. Until someone can offer evidence to refute what I've said, it hasn't been refuted. Popularity of thought is NOT a scientific argument... EVER! In fact, I would argue, that's precisely why Science was invented. It removes objective intelligent thought away from popular conventional wisdom and plants it firmly on the grounds of physical evaluation of testing, measuring and observing.

So what are you saying that we can't or haven't refuted? Maybe it's nonsensical.

We've all refuted everything you said. We've told you that you are not stating fact. You say things like, "how can life be created from nothing? And we either show you how or we explain to you (and my unintelligent dad) that this does not prove a god exists.

But this is where people like you get stuck. You ask, "how can all this come from nothing". Well who said it did? Maybe all the stuff in our universe now came from a black hole? Maybe our universe is made up from a dead universe. From the black hole all the contents burn out as the last dead star slips into the black hole and on the other side is a new big bang and new universe.

You are the weirdest cherry picker I ever met.

Creation is a decision by your spirit God. You follow the Right Wing Christian God, you just refuse to admit it so you don't have to deal with the stories

You believe

1) creation only once and in 6 "days"
2) If you are not God's moral, you are screwed & will be judged harshly
3) No abortion
4) No global warming
5) No fossil record

I've been asking what YOU believe.
He refuses to call himself a Christian because that is clearly a man made religion and he knows he can't defend it so he has left the church but has started his own Jesus cult of 1.

Forum List

Back