Atheists are just as deluded as theists...

It's your proof. Convince me. I've already heard "I just know it" and "You have to accept the bible as fact" and all the crap along those lines, but if you can come up with something rational and believable, I'm listening.
I’m not trying to convince you. I couldn’t care less.

You made a statement that they are open to being convinced and I am curious what kind of evidence it would take.

Because it is my belief that there is no evidence you would accept. Which means you are not open to being convinced.

You are free to believe what you want. I told you I was open to being convinced. I'm guessing you just don't have anything that makes sense. If you did, you would present it.

In addition to creation itself, including things that are clearly the result of intelligence and not dumb luck… God reveals his presence to people on an individual basis, and opens people's eyes. But one thing is for sure, pride is blinding. Atheists need to drop the pride, first off, and if they genuinely and sincerely want to know the truth, they will find it, God will open their eyes.

Got it. Just believe this, and you will convince yourself that you are right.
Can I use things you create as evidence?

No idea what that might be, but it's your proof. Do as you will.

I’m not trying to convince you. I couldn’t care less.

You made a statement that they are open to being convinced and I am curious what kind of evidence it would take.

Because it is my belief that there is no evidence you would accept. Which means you are not open to being convinced.

You are free to believe what you want. I told you I was open to being convinced. I'm guessing you just don't have anything that makes sense. If you did, you would present it.

In addition to creation itself, including things that are clearly the result of intelligence and not dumb luck… God reveals his presence to people on an individual basis, and opens people's eyes. But one thing is for sure, pride is blinding. Atheists need to drop the pride, first off, and if they genuinely and sincerely want to know the truth, they will find it, God will open their eyes.

You do realize that tangible items can be used as evidence, right?

... as there's also no proof that a god can't be possible. Or can any atheist here prove that god is not possible?
No need to prove anything

We just don’t believe in fairy tales

We go about our lives without magical beings

Why do you need to make it so complicated. All the standard explanations; you gotta want it, the Bible says so, etc.etc. don't make much sense. You got something different?

Why do you need to make it so complicated. All the standard explanations; you gotta want it, the Bible says so, etc.etc. don't make much sense. You got something different?
I’m making this as simple as it gets.

Do you believe that something you created can be used as evidence? Yes or no?

I don’t have to convince myself of anything, but I am laughing because you inadvertently proved my previous point. Your pride and condescending attitude is exactly why you are blinded from God. Until that changes, you are most likely never, ever going to believe, because it takes humility and a genuine, sincere desire for truth. Mark my words.

I thought I already said that. Yes. It's your proof. amaze me.

... as there's also no proof that a god can't be possible. Or can any atheist here prove that god is not possible?

Seems you're evolving your fact finding mission.

Is the choice to believe a choice at all? Something drives you to run these long philosophical trolling lines--casting broad nets for answers from electronic avatars--each hopefully fronting for a 'real' interactable mind who can provide you with some long sought answers. Perhaps that is the Logos: an innate, inseparable truth within our genetic material. Even when 'good' men who deny His existence to others do wrong, they are aware of sin--of taboo; breaking with dogma--and they're either abashed or excited over the prospect. Do they not simply want the believers to rein them in? Much like a child who for parental attention repeatedly throws down the pacifier?

Essentially, what Atheist would want to disprove God? Perhaps not so inauspiciously for the rest of us as they imagine, atheism is a logical, and for some--necessary--part of the journey to find God.

I don’t have to convince myself of anything, but I am laughing because you inadvertently proved my previous point. Your pride and condescending attitude is exactly why you are blinded from God. Until that changes, you are most likely never, ever going to believe, because it takes humility and a genuine, sincere desire for truth. Mark my words.
It’s not that we are blinded...we just acknowledge there is nothing there

That really wasn’t that clear.

Can I learn things about you from something you created even if i didn’t know who created it?

I was a Christian all my life. The desire to know more about the truth of the bible is what turned me into an atheist.

Elves and Faeries...nope
Santa Claus......nope
Astrology...nope
Leprechauns ...nope
God.....nope

Can I learn things about you from something you created even if i didn’t know who created it?

No idea why you're being such a dick. You can't take yes for an answer? Either do it or don't. I gotta go eat supper with my daughter and pretend she knows how to cook.

I spent about 3 years studying everything I could find, and in communication with people who professed to be scholars. Histories and cultures, of course, as well as the machinations of actually compiling the manuscripts of the bible, but the original languages were out of my reach, even though I did learn the meanings of some words. I was struck mostly by the unavoidable contradictions that I couldn't resolve, and the only explanations I could get from anybody was that I just had to pray more and somehow the answers would magically come to me. Didn't happen. It became more like Scientology, where only the hierarchy were supposed to understand what was being said instead of the basic Christian beliefs that are supposedly simple enough that a child could understand. Of course you don't have to go through all that. Just a conscientious reading will present more questions than you will ever answer. I'm convinced that most people believe the bible because they don't really know what is in it.
It seems you took quite a bit of time to ascertain the Bible was not a modern day encyclopedia of actualities or factual news accounts. I am betting, like many of us, you realized the Bible was a collection of stories, not all that concerned about facts. How does the Bible not equating to a dictionary of carefully checked facts result, for some, in a conclusion there is no God? Is there no other explanation?

I spent about 3 years studying everything I could find, and in communication with people who professed to be scholars. Histories and cultures, of course, as well as the machinations of actually compiling the manuscripts of the bible, but the original languages were out of my reach, even though I did learn the meanings of some words. I was struck mostly by the unavoidable contradictions that I couldn't resolve, and the only explanations I could get from anybody was that I just had to pray more and somehow the answers would magically come to me. Didn't happen. It became more like Scientology, where only the hierarchy were supposed to understand what was being said instead of the basic Christian beliefs that are supposedly simple enough that a child could understand. Of course you don't have to go through all that. Just a conscientious reading will present more questions than you will ever answer. I'm convinced that most people believe the bible because they don't really know what is in it.
It seems you took quite a bit of time to ascertain the Bible was not a modern day encyclopedia of actualities or factual news accounts. I am betting, like many of us, you realized the Bible was a collection of stories, not all that concerned about facts. How does the Bible not equating to a dictionary of carefully checked facts result, for some, in a conclusion there is no God? Is there no other explanation?

I knew that before I started.

The same reason I don't work to see/know unicorns.
Do you know of any book or generation after generation of peoples in all cultures relating personal stories of their encounters with unicorns? The stories of unicorns that I am familiar with are all marked as imaginary events, not presented as reality.

No idea why you're being such a dick. You can't take yes for an answer? Either do it or don't. I gotta go eat supper with my daughter and pretend she knows how to cook.
I’m not being a dick. They were two different questions.

1. Can I use what you create as evidence? You said yes

2. Can I learn things about you from your creation? You said yes.

Can I use the evidence of your creation to figure out things like how much intelligence you have and how many different steps you took to create it?

Actually there are neither ‘atheists’ nor ‘agnostics’ – both labels were contrived by theists predicated on the false assumption that ‘god’ exists as a ‘fact’ and that ‘atheists/agnostics’ deny the ‘fact’ of ‘god.’

One cannot ‘not’ believe in a ‘god’ that doesn’t exist as perceived by theists.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, and they exist as such; but there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, and issues edicts of religious dogma that must be obeyed lest transgressors are consigned to eternal damnation – that ‘god’ in fact does not exist.

I knew that before I started.

Ah, so you began with an already formed conclusion--which was correct. But it would be kind of silly, wouldn't it, to expect that in the days before daily newspapers, textbooks, and encyclopedias to find anything that matches modern culture's standards when it comes to the written word. Yet you spent years investigating to insure that your beginning premise was indeed factual. Why didn't you want to believe in God, back then?

Forum List

Back