Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own

The problem with theism is that every faith and religion has an equal claim at being the correct one. Including extinct and forgotten religions. And including atheism.

"...an equal claim at being the correct one"

That is from the mouth of ignorance,
or more likely, from the mouth of one who does not want to know if God exists or anything about Him.
Soooo, the only path to salvation isn't through Jesus Christ, Mohammad, Buddha, etc, etc, etc? :dunno:

If you wanted to know the truth, you would put forth the effort to know.
You are not as stupid as you want to pretend.

The problem with theism is that every faith and religion has an equal claim at being the correct one. Including extinct and forgotten religions. And including atheism.

or more likely, from the mouth of one who does not want to know if God exists or anything about Him.
All religions have the same amount of evidence
DUMB answer.
It's true. And you cannot claim otherwise.

Maybe so in your antagonistic and narrow minded ways.

But I have little patience for cynics and skeptics who dismiss miracles like it's all baloney or hoaxes.
You have no answers to supernatural manifestations yet you boldly proclaim "no evidence."

And I keep quoting the Barbra Streisand song --- "that which is too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget."

You've been dismissed.

DUMB answer.

But I have little patience for cynics and skeptics who dismiss miracles like it's all baloney or hoaxes.
You have no answers to supernatural manifestations yet you boldly proclaim "no evidence."

And I keep quoting the Barbra Streisand song --- "that which is too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget."
You have as much evidence for supernatural manifestations as the people from Ghost Hunters do.

DUMB answer.

You have as much evidence for supernatural manifestations as the people from Ghost Hunters do.

That's the thing with believers, they believe, they do not think.

Because you chose to criticize the wealthy and their relationship with God.
Why do you think pointing out that rich people favor materialist over spiritualism is a criticising?

Why didn't you comment to yiostheoy about his post? Are you feeling defensive for being materialistic or just for being atheistic?

All the famous atheists that I know were either Christian raised but then had a really bad experience or else they were born and raised rich and religion never came up in their family.

Soooo, the only path to salvation isn't through Jesus Christ, Mohammad, Buddha, etc, etc, etc? :dunno:
Agreed. All are just means/tools to spiritual development. The truth of all religions or spiritual development is not found in their differences, but in their similarities.
Everyone has their belief systems, some are more "pushy" and/or strident than others about it.
(I quoted pushy because it denotes multiple possible applications in this instance, some negative, some positive, some neutral).

So if you are an atheist, you basically have no idea how we got here, why we got here, where we are going, or even if there is a damn reason for all of it.

Why does there have to be a reason? Because we want there to be a reason?

Atheists disbelieve in Christian theories, but they lack theories of their own.

Atheism is not the opposite of Christianity, it is a nullification of Christianity, but has no positive qualities of its own.

Atheism does not even have rules to guide you through life like do not steal, do not kill, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery. Atheists can follow these rules, but they have no compelling reason to do so.

i would say that most of these things are against the law would be compelling enough reasons. The thing is, these things have CONSEQUENCES. You kill, you go to jail. You cheat on your spouse, she divorces and takes half your stuff. That's more compelling to me than "There's a magic man in the sky who will be upset if you do these things unless you tell him you are really, really sorry."

There is no reason to be an atheist, unless you like having no rules to guide you in life, and want to break the Christian rules and think you are getting away with it.

The main reason to be an atheist is because there is no proof your magic sky man exists. The thing is, you don't believe in Zeus or Odin or Krishna or the Flying Spaghetti Monster... We just disbelieve in one more Sky Pixie than you do...

The price you pay for being an atheist, however, is giving up the hope of life after death, and giving up the belief that life has meaning, or that good ultimately triumphs over evil.

And what's the monetary value of those things?

The thing is, I read your bible and I have a hard time figuring out who the evil one is. Your God kills babies on a whim. Why is he good again?

So this is a thread in which each side wants to make themselves feel better about themselves by trying to make other people feel worse about themselves. I don't see anything going on here--Christian or otherwise--than masturbation.

Have a wonderful day.

DUMB answer.

Could you possibly be any more full of shit or is this as full as you get?

DUMB answer.

Oh, close to home then?

Because you chose to criticize the wealthy and their relationship with God.
Why do you think pointing out that rich people favor materialist over spiritualism is a criticising?

Why didn't you comment to yiostheoy about his post? Are you feeling defensive for being materialistic or just for being atheistic?

All the famous atheists that I know were either Christian raised but then had a really bad experience or else they were born and raised rich and religion never came up in their family.

Because I do not feel better about myself by being a bitter troll at the moment I guess.

Obviously you're either a zealot of just mentally slow to not understand what I'm getting at. :dunno:

Oh, close to home then?
No, just pointing out your generalizing and stereotyping, shows you have a serious lack of critical thinking skills. :thup:

Obviously you're either a zealot of just mentally slow to not understand what I'm getting at. :dunno:
Mentally slow, for that particular moment. : )

maybe it was the devil costume that threw me.

I will respond.

Forum List

Back