Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own

Wow, what a stupid thread...

Atheists reject Christian answers to the big questions but have no answers of their own.

We reject ALL mythical answers that are based on received wisdom. AKA religion.

So if you are an atheist, you basically have no idea how we got here, why we got here, where we are going, or even if there is a damn reason for all of it.

Neither do you. You being a christian does not mean you hold superpowers.

Atheists disbelieve in Christian theories, but they lack theories of their own.

There are plenty of scientific theories about how life began. Read Stephen Hawking's latest book. Atheists tend to believe scientific theories because (a) they use actual evidence and (b) they're willing to change their conclusions if the evidence points a different direction. These are both qualities that all religions lack.

Atheism is not the opposite of Christianity, it is a nullification of Christianity, but has no positive qualities of its own.

Atheism is simply lack of belief in a divine being. It bears no special relationship to Christianity.

Atheism does not even have rules to guide you through life like do not steal, do not kill, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery. Atheists can follow these rules, but they have no compelling reason to do so.

If the only reason you don't kill people is because you're afraid of retribution from your imaginary friend, I certainly don't want you around me or my kid.

There is no reason to be an atheist, unless you like having no rules to guide you in life, and want to break the Christian rules and think you are getting away with it.

Why does everything have to do with either rejecting or accepting Christianity in your mind? Perhaps your desire to make YOUR religion the center of the universe is the problem. Atheists follow the same rules you do, because our rules (love one another, don't hurt people, don't steal) long predate religion.

The price you pay for being an atheist, however, is giving up the hope of life after death, and giving up the belief that life has meaning, or that good ultimately triumphs over evil.

The price you pay for religion is wasting your time in this one and only life hoping/wishing/praying to get to the next one. Much bigger risk.

Our soldiers and Marines are in combat in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria. I have friends over there now.
But you be a little puppet stooge and parrot what Obama feeds you.

Our soldiers and Marines are in combat in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria. I have friends over there now.
But you be a little puppet stooge and parrot what Obama feeds you.
Given your lies about me, I have no doubt you are lying about yourself. Once a liar, always a liar.

Science has answered many issues that were once unknown and thought to be the result of a deity or deities. For those things we don't have the answer for yet, doesn't mean that there could not be a logical/scientific answer for them. Just manufacturing an invisible supernatural being or beings and tossing it/them into those areas of the currently unknown is simplistic superstitious nonsense.
I still remember a guy who told me that when he pulled into his work parking lot, he prayed for a parking space and it was god who gave him one. So, I asked him..."you mean to tell me that starving Christians in third-world countries that go to bed hungry at night and pray for food, but die of starvation, aren't getting their prayers answered because your prayer for a parking place was more important than their prayer for life?" His confident reply was....yes.
The stupidity of the ultra-religious never ceases to amaze me.

Forum List

Back