Atlanta blackout and Amtrak derailment spark fears

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Atlanta Blackout and Amtrak Derailment Spark Fears
In less than 24 hours, two major infrastructure crises unfolded in the United States, as Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport was crippled by a major blackout and an Amtrak train derailed in Washington state, killing three and injuring dozens more.
---------------------------------------------------------

Often those paying attention and really good journalist who catch these issues can inform people . Those who aren't informed are those who can't connect the dots or pay attention.
Sometimes it something and sometimes it's nothing.

:lol:

If you're seeking fear, you can find it pretty much everywhere you look.

No, there is no terrorist conspiracy where these two are connected.

Atlanta was because of an electrical problem. Stuff happens and parts wear out.

The train wreck happened because the conductor was doing 80 mph in a 30 mph zone. And, I have a question about that because it is a brand new line that was on it's inaugural run..................where was the system that is supposed to slow a train down automatically? We heard a great deal about it after the last Amtrack train derailed for the same reason, so since this was a brand new line, where was the system that would have prevented this? Especially in light of the fact that this is a high speed train route.

In less than 24 hours, two major infrastructure crises unfolded in the United States, as Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport was crippled by a major blackout and an Amtrak train derailed in Washington state, killing three and injuring dozens more.

Often those paying attention and really good journalist who catch these issues can inform people . Those who aren't informed are those who can't connect the dots or pay attention.
FYI the Amtrak was derailment was not caused by any infrastructure failure it was caused by the fucking idiot of a conductor who was going 3 times the posted speed limit on that section of track.

The Atlanta Airport blackout was caused by a small fire at a substation.

FYI the Amtrak was derailment was not caused by any infrastructure failure it was caused by the fucking idiot of a conductor who was going 3 times the posted speed limit on that section of track.

The Atlanta Airport blackout was caused by a small fire at a substation.

That can't possibly be right. It's not scary enough.

Give me a few minutes to come up with a narrative to counter your explanation.

The train wreck happened because the conductor was doing 80 mph in a 30 mph zone. And, I have a question about that because it is a brand new line that was on it's inaugural run..................where was the system that is supposed to slow a train down automatically? We heard a great deal about it after the last Amtrack train derailed for the same reason, so since this was a brand new line, where was the system that would have prevented this? Especially in light of the fact that this is a high speed train route.
While I don't know why those incidents happened, you sure as hell don't know.

What? The news reported that the fire at the substation was because of worn out parts. The reason the train derailed according to investigators is because it was doing 80 in a 30 mph zone. Many passengers that were on the train said that there was a curve just before the bridge.

A lack of evidence does not make all possible explanation narratives equal. Maybe it was aliens.

9148130.jpg

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What? The news reported that the fire at the substation was because of worn out parts. The reason the train derailed according to investigators is because it was doing 80 in a 30 mph zone. Many passengers that were on the train said that there was a curve just before the bridge.
Parroting what you heard is a major regressive failure.

Do you think that making shit up is any better?

I think it's worse.

A lack of evidence does not make all possible explanation narratives equal. Maybe it was aliens.

9148130.jpg

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
I didn't say anything about aliens, what I suggested is that we don't really know what happened because it has been proven that we cannot trust authorities to tell the truth. But if it was aliens, it was these guys....

alien-technology3.jpg

I think it's worse.
Yeah it is. I just don't trust much of what we are told by the media or our so called authorities. They've been caught faking it too many times.

I think it's worse.
Yeah it is. I just don't trust much of what we are told by the media or our so called authorities. They've been caught faking it too many times.

Do you just assume that you cannot know anything, then? If you don't personally witness something, do you ignore it because you cannot trust any information about it?

I think it's worse.

Do you just assume that you cannot know anything, then? If you don't personally witness something, do you ignore it because you cannot trust any information about it?

He ignores all information unless it is tweeted by Trump.

I think it's worse.

He ignores all information unless it is tweeted by Trump.
Another example of why regressive like you you are sorry human beings...you lie non stop.

The rail lines are privately owned. For the government to get involved just because of taxpayer subsidized Amtrak is a waste of money. The best thing to do is let the passenger rail business survive or fail own its own.

I think it's worse.

You don't have to "trust" the media or the authorities.

You just have to think.

I think it's worse.

You just have to think.
Thinking and concluding with no facts is a regressive hallmark, don''t think? Very likely Occam's razor is playing out on these events.

I think it's worse.

You just have to think.
Thinking and concluding with no facts is a regressive hallmark, don''t think? Very likely Occam's razor is playing out on these events.

Ok. What explanation do you think fits best, according to "Occam's razor"?

I think it's worse.

You just have to think.

Ok. What explanation do you think fits best, according to "Occam's razor"?
Of course it's just a guess but likely if no foul play was involved, some mechanical failure, operator error, something like that. If some foul play is involved or some monumental screw up we may never hear the full truth.

Forum List

Back