Attempting common ground-How about 25 weeks and below agreeing to keep abortion legal?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Attempting common ground-How about both sides agree that 25 weeks and below a women can have an abortion.

This way we can all agree that late term abortion should be illegal, while agreeing that the mother has the right during the "a bunch of cells" stage to control her body.

The exception would be the health of the women if something goes wrong.

Attempting common ground-How about both sides agree that 25 weeks and below a women can have an abortion.

This way we can all agree that late term abortion should be illegal, while agreeing that the mother has the right during the "a bunch of cells" stage to control her body.

Sounds fine to me. I don't see too many staunch supporters of late term abortions unless for the health of the mother.

What about health of unborn child - serious birth defect, Down Syndrome?

What about late-reporting underage incest?

At 25 weeks a premie has a 80% chance of survival.

Kind of hard to pretend that that is just a "bunch of cells" to me.

How about we make it illegal and forget about it once and for all

Some kind of compromise on length of term is the obvious answer, but it's doubtful that enough pro-lifers will give an inch.

Which means it will probably remain as is. That's what happens when you're unwilling to compromise.

Me too.

But parents should be able to make private quality of life choices when it comes to health issues, birth defects, etc.

Also, forcing the victim of a crime to carry to term is not part of God's will.

Me too.

But parents should be able to make private quality of life choices when it comes to health issues, birth defects, etc.

The vast majority of abortions are not done because the woman is the victim of a crime.

Me too.

Why end the parents right to do so at birth? Why not give them a couple years to decide?

Me too.

The vast majority of abortions are not done because the woman is the victim of a crime.

94% or more of abortions are done out of convenience, nothing more.

I've always said that 26 weeks was the breaking point for me. Biologically, if you consider the state of the fetus, below 26 weeks, it is still just a fetus of developing tissue, there is no "person" there. I'm not real bad with aborting it, if the reasons are good. But you need a good reason, otherwise people would be aborting left and right like a baby was nothing more than a bad meal to be thrown away. But after 26 weeks, you begin to have a real child there, at diminishing levels of dependence on the mother and with an obvious, developing awareness. After that point, it better be a medical state of necessity, life or death. That's just an opinion, but if you disagree, study fetal development and you will see why I came to that conclusion.

Me too.

Link.

Proof

No?

STFU...

At 25 weeks some fetus's have a chance of survival outside of the mothers body. At 9-12 weeks the embryo becomes a fetus. Would it makes sense to move that timeframe down to 12 weeks while it is in the embryonic phase?

Stages of Development of the Fetus - Women's Health Issues - Merck Manuals Consumer Version

Me too.

Link.

Proof

No?

STFU...
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

My bad, it is 93%, not 94%. Everything not highlighted is convenience.

upload_2017-12-5_16-45-8.png

Abortion is already legal, even though it's a genocidal monstrosity that kills more blacks than anyone else. I just have a problem with my tax money going to pay for other people's abortions, and medical programs that offer abortion, whether I want one or not

Forum List

Back