Attempting common ground-How about 25 weeks and below agreeing to keep abortion legal?

Attempting common ground-How about both sides agree that 25 weeks and below a women can have an abortion.

This way we can all agree that late term abortion should be illegal, while agreeing that the mother has the right during the "a bunch of cells" stage to control her body.

The exception would be the health of the women if something goes wrong.
At 25 weeks some fetus's have a chance of survival outside of the mothers body. At 9-12 weeks the embryo becomes a fetus. Would it makes sense to move that timeframe down to 12 weeks while it is in the embryonic phase?

Stages of Development of the Fetus - Women's Health Issues - Merck Manuals Consumer Version

Attempting to have common ground and the choicers would never agree to that.

I have no problem with that but the extremes of both parties would never go for it.

Abortion is already legal, even though it's a genocidal monstrosity that kills more blacks than anyone else. I just have a problem with my tax money going to pay for other people's abortions, and medical programs that offer abortion, whether I want one or not
I respect your feelings about that, however, I'm sure pacifists have a problem with a much larger portion of their tax dollars going towards combat missions and wars that they don't believe in. Unfortunately, it is not possible to pick and choose the details of how our tax dollars are spent. We can elect responsible representatives to control spending and manage institutions, as well as support general causes like healthcare and military.

Attempting common ground-How about both sides agree that 25 weeks and below a women can have an abortion.

This way we can all agree that late term abortion should be illegal, while agreeing that the mother has the right during the "a bunch of cells" stage to control her body.

I still think abortion should be legal until at least age 2, but I will compromise if we can get some other liberties restored.

Life begins at conception.......abortion is murder. ..... :cool:

Leftists would disagree with you. They believe that a fetus is nothing more than a "growth" which can be excised and discarded like a tumor.

But remember what happens if some shithead murders a pregnant woman - He can also be charged for the death of the unborn child.

At 25 weeks a premie has a 80% chance of survival.

Kind of hard to pretend that that is just a "bunch of cells" to me.

Me too.

But parents should be able to make private quality of life choices when it comes to health issues, birth defects, etc.

Also, forcing the victim of a crime to carry to term is not part of God's will.

The vast majority of abortions are not done because the woman is the victim of a crime.

94% or more of abortions are done out of convenience, nothing more.

Link.

Proof

No?

STFU...
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

My bad, it is 93%, not 94%. Everything not highlighted is convenience.

View attachment 164455

Why did you not also post the other chart?

Dishonest much?

Abortion is legal. How about agreeing that late term abortion is murder.

Me too.

But parents should be able to make private quality of life choices when it comes to health issues, birth defects, etc.

Also, forcing the victim of a crime to carry to term is not part of God's will.

The vast majority of abortions are not done because the woman is the victim of a crime.

94% or more of abortions are done out of convenience, nothing more.

Link.

Proof

No?

STFU...
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

My bad, it is 93%, not 94%. Everything not highlighted is convenience.

View attachment 164455

Why did you not also post the other chart?

Dishonest much?

The other chart was from 1987, so I did the newer one. The only other chart only dealt with birth control. I gave you the fucking link, if I were being dishonest I would not have done that, so go fuck yourself.

At 25 weeks some fetus's have a chance of survival outside of the mothers body. At 9-12 weeks the embryo becomes a fetus. Would it makes sense to move that timeframe down to 12 weeks while it is in the embryonic phase?

Stages of Development of the Fetus - Women's Health Issues - Merck Manuals Consumer Version

Attempting to have common ground and the choicers would never agree to that.
Why not? i'm pro choice and it makes sense to me. Admittedly I haven't looked very closely into the issue so I'm not aware of the reasoning behind late term abortions.

Got it. At 25 weeks it’s given constitutional rights, the day before......

Not so much.

Some kind of compromise on length of term is the obvious answer, but it's doubtful that enough pro-lifers will give an inch.

Which means it will probably remain as is. That's what happens when you're unwilling to compromise.

I am sure that the pro choice feminist will give an inch. According to them abortion should be fine up to the first 10 years I am sure.

Anyway I have no problem with abortion. Lefties/idiots aborting their own, doesn't sound like a bad thing.

Forum List

Back