🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Attention gays and obama worshipers

You won your two signature issues in the supreme court. You won and the country lost.

Now will you STFU about it so we can concentrate of the real problems facing this nation? Like 18 trillion in debt and radical muslims who want us all dead by beheading.

1. Gay Marriage
2. Obamacare
3. Trade Law
4. Fox news played over an hour of Obama speaking in a Black Church
5. Confederate Flag down in SC
6. Trump places rich foot in mouth

It has been a super week~ :cheers2:

And since when has the Congress gotten anything done in the last 6 years

~

you are a very good talking point repeater. is your name polly parrot?

LOL- you want people to talk about other things rather than gay marriage- and then when someone does- you whine about that......

Hi Skylar and Redfish
And with or without these threads,
what is so hard about admitting that
BOTH beliefs for gay marriage or for traditional marriage only
are BOTH BELIEFS.

Christianity and Buddhism are BOTH belief systems,
BOTH equally protected by law, and nobody goes around
trying to sue that Buddhism should be equally recognized by law as Christianity or there is discrimination against Buddhists.

We don't change the wording or laws about religion
to "specifically include or defend" Buddhism as opposed to Christianity.

Religious freedom already applies to both.

Why can't laws on civil unions and contracts be neutral and apply to all situations?
If they did not mention gender at all, then it would be left to the people to recognize and practice the beliefs
of their choice as they should be.

if people and parties of different beliefs cannot learn to quit
bullying and abusing govt to push theirs over others,
maybe we will see a push to either ban political parties or separate them from govt
similar to keeping religion out of govt.

Maybe political parties should be recognized equally as religious organizations
and be required to set up their own programs for their own members and not mix with public policy and funding!!!

I agree with you 100%. The problem is that the left is totally intolerant of any beliefs except theirs. All others are to be demonized, ridiculed, called racist or homophobic, and otherwise trashed.

they preach tolerance but practice bigotry.

You have described the Right perfectly.

Oh wait- except the Right preaches family values that they do not live- and do not preach tolerance.

Hi Syriusly and Redfish
If both left and right exclude each other, that proves they are not representing the entire public.
Neither should be allowed to institutionalize their views to the exclusion of the other half of the population
that believes otherwise.

All the MORE reason to keep both influences OUT Of govt
and only hire, elect, enlist and employ people with leadership skills that include ALL views equally.
Not people bent on abusing the system to bully one set of beliefs over any others.

You won your two signature issues in the supreme court. You won and the country lost.

Now will you STFU about it so we can concentrate of the real problems facing this nation? Like 18 trillion in debt and radical muslims who want us all dead by beheading.

So you're creating yet another thread to talk about how we shouldn't be talking about this?

Its like watching a dog chase its own tail.

this thread asks if you libs will now shut up about it, apparently you won't.

You start a thread asking people not to comment about the thread?

I think this is just another of Redfish's "Someone please stop me from posting about Gay Marriage" pleas.

Soon he will be asking the Mods to close the thread so he won't be forced to post more about gay marriage.

1. Gay Marriage
2. Obamacare
3. Trade Law

~

LOL- you want people to talk about other things rather than gay marriage- and then when someone does- you whine about that......

Syriusly
I guess this is as annoying to hear liberals whine about separation of church and state,
then turn around and abuse the Court to impose their beliefs on everyone else.

Wah wah wah?

I can't wait to see what happens when Bill & Fred demand that a Muslim cleric marry them...

:lol:

The same thing that happens when Bill and Fred demand that a Catholic Priest marry them.

They will be disappointed.

Then they can march down to the Justice of the Peace and get married.

will you have a gay pride march around every catholic church and mosque? Maybe a mosque in Iran would be a good place to start.

Me? I don't have gay pride parades- though there is one this weekend- should be an extra fun one because of this decision.

Meanwhile- no one is whining about 'gay marriage in the church' except for homophobes like you- you can have your own little anti-gay parade juggling your dildos.

So you're creating yet another thread to talk about how we shouldn't be talking about this?

I think this is just another of Redfish's "Someone please stop me from posting about Gay Marriage" pleas.

Soon he will be asking the Mods to close the thread so he won't be forced to post more about gay marriage.

Syriusly
again reminds me of liberals who demand free choice
but then pass laws forcing everyone to buy insurance
and then turn around AGAIN and complain when businesses can't be forced to provide
coverage for abortifacient drugs against their beliefs.

All this yelling and screaming about "prochoice" and "getting govt out of personal health care decisions"
just to pass "antichoice" laws that penalize the choice of whether or when to buy insurance with federally enforced fines.

1. Gay Marriage
2. Obamacare
3. Trade Law

~

Syriusly
I guess this is as annoying to hear liberals whine about separation of church and state,
then turn around and abuse the Court to impose their beliefs on everyone else.

Wah wah wah?

Shrug. Frankly Emily, you are jumping into my conversation with Redfish without knowing what it is all about.

I believe in separation of church and state.
I believe that has nothing to do with legal marriage.
I don't think the courts should impose religious beliefs on anyone- and the courts are not.

Syriusly
again reminds me of liberals who demand free choice
but then pass laws forcing everyone to buy insurance
and then turn around AGAIN and complain when businesses can't be forced to provide
coverage for abortifacient drugs against their beliefs.

All this yelling and screaming about "prochoice" and "getting govt out of personal health care decisions"
just to pass "antichoice" laws that penalize the choice of whether or when to buy insurance with federally enforced fines.

I am sure many things remind you of whatever are your own particular fantasies.

Meanwhile- I am celebrating that gay couples can enjoy the same freedom to marry as my wife and I enjoy.

What a great day for America.

Let's hope he doesn't set himself on fire.

I can't wait to see what happens when Bill & Fred demand that a Muslim cleric marry them...

The same thing that happens when Bill and Fred demand that a Catholic Priest marry them.

will you have a gay pride march around every catholic church and mosque? Maybe a mosque in Iran would be a good place to start.

Me? I don't have gay pride parades- though there is one this weekend- should be an extra fun one because of this decision.

Meanwhile- no one is whining about 'gay marriage in the church' except for homophobes like you- you can have your own little anti-gay parade juggling your dildos.

Dear Syriusly
No, the Christians are not allowed to have their beliefs shared in public.
Bibles, crosses, nativity scenes, any reference to the Christian beliefs are struck down as
"violating separation of church and state"

Fines of 5,000 per day have been ordered by Court rulings if a cross was not removed from public property.

So it is not okay, it is not a "fundamental right" for religious freedom for Christians
but when it comes to "fundamental rights" of gays to express their beliefs about pride or marriage,
suddenly that's protected by law from discrimination.

While it's okay to harass and exclude Christians as long as someone doesn't agree or share those views.
but if you do that with gay beliefs, the person offended is blamed.
Just not Atheists suing who are offended by a cross.

Dear Syriusly
Bibles, crosses, nativity scenes, any reference to the Christian beliefs are struck down as

Fines of 5,000 per day have been ordered by Court rulings if a cross was not removed from public property.

So it is not okay, it is not a "fundamental right" for religious freedom for Christians
but when it comes to "fundamental rights" of gays to express their beliefs about pride or marriage,

While it's okay to harass and exclude Christians as long as someone doesn't agree or share those views.
Who gave you the right to put up a cross on "public" property?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have committed to declare a hunger strike if the court and parties
do not recognize both sides as equal political beliefs protected by law.

So I guess I may have to follow through if this isn't corrected by the party leaders who can rise
above political agenda and put Constitutional equality and consent of the governed first as the basis of law.

Call for a truce an agreement to respect beliefs in gay marriage and traditional marriage
as equal, write laws that are mutually agreed upon as neutral equal and inclusive
that neither denies nor established one belief over another, or I will prepare to go on
hunger strike by the end of the year.

Are any of the GOP candidates proposing a genuine, workable plan to balance the budget?

I have committed to declare a hunger strike if the court and parties
do not recognize both sides as equal political beliefs protected by law.

So I guess I may have to follow through if this isn't corrected by the party leaders who can rise
above political agenda and put Constitutional equality and consent of the governed first as the basis of law.

Call for a truce an agreement to respect beliefs in gay marriage and traditional marriage
as equal, write laws that are mutually agreed upon as neutral equal and inclusive
that neither denies nor established one belief over another, or I will prepare to go on
hunger strike by the end of the year.
I don't have right to fly my stars and bars on public land and you don't have a right to plant your cross. And come down off of it while you're at it.

Dear Syriusly

Christians are absolutely allowed to share their beliefs in public.

Here is an example:

images

Christians do not have the right to impose their beliefs on public property.

And no- its not okay to harass or exclude Christians- everyone should be treated the same regardless of their religious belief- or lack thereof.

Are any of the GOP candidates proposing a genuine, workable plan to balance the budget?
to Fish, any plan with new revenue is not a genuine workable plan. So, I think you're talking to a potted plant.

Dear Syriusly

Who gave you the right to put up a cross on "public" property?

Any designer of any of these memorials or buildings can put
crosses or any other references on them as long as nobody complains.

That's how they got there in the first place.

Many memorials were BUILT or designed that way,
and the complaints only came later. So if nobody sues over it, there is no action to remove them.

The Texas capitol has Biblical references that were sued over.
but the Texas courts ruled that the Bible was a Historical reference and had purpose for being there
besides just religious. it is historical fact that the Bible influenced the laws we have today, so it was
ruled part of the history and not just religious, and not ordered for removal.

So people either complain or consent, and officials in govt either rule to agree or disagree.

That is the basis for why things are removed or not.

it is based on who consents or doesn't consent.
Ideally it should be based on CONSENSUS so nobody's opinions
are favored more or less than anyone else, and all people are treated EQUALLY.

Consensus would ensure equal inclusion and representation.
But majority rule and political force invite bullying and coercion
where not all people consent so not all beliefs are represented equally in the final decision.

I argue that is unconstitutional when it comes to beliefs.
If people AGREE to put a conflict up to a vote, that is a form of consenting.
but when people DON'T consent to put their beliefs up to a vote, then a decision favoring one belief over others cannot
be imposed by govt without violating the First and Fourteenth Amendment on equal religious freedom
and protection from discrimination by creed.

Here in the new SC ruling, the proponents are basically saying that the right to marriage
cannot be decided by vote; so that should apply to BOTH the beliefs in gay marriage or traditional marriage.
Neither should be decided by state, vote or court ruling,
but should be left to individual free choice and kept free from govt interference under religious freedom
of people to exercise their beliefs. This means to keep govt out of it, not to impose through govt.

Christians are absolutely allowed to share their beliefs in public.

Christians do not have the right to impose their beliefs on public property.

And no- its not okay to harass or exclude Christians- everyone should be treated the same regardless of their religious belief- or lack thereof.

Syriusly
1. Then this should be applied to beliefs in GAY MARRIAGE ALSO!
having the right to practice this in private or express publicly
but NOT IMPOSE through PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS.

EXACTLY!!!!

2. as for harassment, what do you think this practice is of
harassing people as "bigots" for not believing in gay marriage and believing homosexuality is unnatural?

All these threads show example after example of mutual harassment back and forth.

Also the ACA health care mandates
PENALIZE with FINES the people who do not believe federal govt has the right to mandate insurance.

So that is rewarding the people who believe in federal health care with tax exemptions for complying with these 'beliefs"
and punishing people with fines for exercising the "free choice" to invest in paying and proving health care other ways.

How is that not a form of discrimination by creed?
If I believe in funding hospital services directly, I am fined, even if I invest MORE money in covering MORE people
than insurance would provide;
while if someone else believe in govt mandates on insurance as the only way to avoid a fine, they get an exemption.

Forum List

Back