Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

Holy shit!!!!

Is Bachman's husband running for an elected position?

Jesus Christ.

Let's get to General Quarters.

We're onto something rich here....

No, he's not running for office, Michelle is.

However........as evidenced by people like Betty Ford, Nancy Reagan, and other WH spouses, they DO have quite a bit of clout in this country. Look at Hillary Clinton.

And yeah..........if the spouse is batshit crazy and has some seriously bullshit views, are you sure you want them as First Spouse so they can spread their insanity?

Interestingly enough, gays are neurologically different from straights, scientists have shown this in gay vs. straight brains. Gay males are generally similar to straight females, and straight males are neurologically similar to gay females.

Might as well try to use prayer to make yourself an eagle.

You're pretty knowledgeable about what makes up a gay.

Telling much?

Actually, I like to watch stuff like History, Science, Discovery and channels like that. On occasion, they have specials about the brain, and it is on those shows that I find out stuff like that.

I then check up on the 'net to verify what I'd just learned.

No doubt this shit is harmful and homophobic. But in this day and age, people should have the right to choose their own health care. You disagree with that?

Finally, MARCUS BACHMANN IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

From what I have read on this thread, Dr Bachman is a trained Psychologist and provides counseling to patients that chose to come to him for treatment. IMHO, the 'Pray away the Gay' theme is a made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community to slander a politician that they disagree with.

Providing counseling and then offering to pray for a cure to someones real or perceived ills fits my creed of 'do no harm.'

No doubt this shit is harmful and homophobic. But in this day and age, people should have the right to choose their own health care. You disagree with that?

From what I have read on this thread, Dr Bachman is a trained Psychologist and provides counseling to patients that chose to come to him for treatment. IMHO, the 'Pray away the Gay' theme is a made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community to slander a politician that they disagree with.

Providing counseling and then offering to pray for a cure to someones real or perceived ills fits my creed of 'do no harm.'

Hey stupid.........you should have heard the way the counselor was talking to the gay dude.

Dumb fucker stated that God specifically made our eyes to enjoy a woman's form and looks. Got news for you.........the eyes were created to be an interface between us and the outside world, how we perceieve that is strictly up to our brains, not our eyes.

And yeah.........WH spouses have traditionally had a great deal of say in what this country does.

Hey stupid.........you should have heard the way the counselor was talking to the gay dude.

Dumb fucker stated that God specifically made our eyes to enjoy a woman's form and looks. Got news for you.........the eyes were created to be an interface between us and the outside world, how we perceieve that is strictly up to our brains, not our eyes.

And yeah.........WH spouses have traditionally had a great deal of say in what this country does.

I can tell by your use of the English language that everyone else is stupid or a dumb fucker except for you.

From what I have read on this thread, Dr Bachman is a trained Psychologist and provides counseling to patients that chose to come to him for treatment.

All the more reason why mental health professionals must adhere to established standards of treatment. In this Dr. Bachmann fails.

IMHO, the 'Pray away the Gay' theme is a made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community to slander a politician that they disagree with.

And your opinion would be wrong, then.

Exodus International is one of many anti-gay Christian organizations dedicated to ‘pray away the gay’:

Exodus affirms reorientation of same sex attraction is possible. This is a process, which begins with motivation to, and self-determination to change based upon a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We facilitate resources for this process through our member ministries, other established networks and the Church. The key outcome of this is measured by a growing capacity to turn away from temptations, a reconciling of ones identity with Jesus Christ, being transformed into His image. This enables growth towards Godly heterosexuality. Exodus recognizes that a lifelong and healthy marriage as well as a Godly single life are good indicators of this transformation.

Policy Statements

Clearly this is not a ‘made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community.’

Fortunately your ‘creed’ has nothing to do with that of medical professionals. It’s obviously harmful to ‘treat’ someone not suffering from any mental disability or disorder.

Look, you authoritarian psycho. We don't just 'ban' things willy nilly because some hysterical idiot screams bloody murder about how she doesn't like it.

No, dick for brains, we ban things that are dangerous and harmful. Lobotomies on minors are prohibited. This type of therapy should be as well.

If an ADULT, voluntarily signs up for this crap...whatever, their choice to be fucked up...kinda like a voluntary lobotomy, but this therapy is dangerous and should not be practiced on anyone under 18, period.
WTF do you know?

When you complete an undergrad degree, get accepted into med school, pass your board, complete your residency, then complete your specialization in psychiatry, pass your boards, THEN you can make recommendations. Or, when you get a PhD in clinical psychology, pass those boards, you'll let us know.

That's exactly why I said 'idiot' above. You are an idiot. You are certainly NO expert - at all.

Breathe. Take a valium. Just stop being so fucking cringeworthy with your hysterics.

Last edited:

Do you not understand poetic speech? "God made our eyes for..." is just an echoing of the Christian belief that men and women were meant to mate. Kind of like what nature dictates.

That doesn't mean this therapy is RIGHT, but will you stop making fun of Christians already?

Also, this 'undercover activist' probably egged the counselor on, with stuff like, "I am so consumed by these unclean thoughts...help me!"

is it too much to ask partisan hacks to be fair on occasion?

Also, in that video, the counselor is telling the teen that having sex dreams about girls is normal because 'that's the way how God made us'. This is just bullshit. I am a hardcore Democrat, but I try to not be a liar. Shame on the media.

A trained psychologist shouldn't be using disproved therapy, right?

A trained psychologist shouldn't be using disproved therapy, right?

It doesn't bar other shrinks from doing so...'memory recovering' therapy comes to mind. Psychotherapy can be extremely harmful.

From what I have read on this thread, Dr Bachman is a trained Psychologist and provides counseling to patients that chose to come to him for treatment.

All the more reason why mental health professionals must adhere to established standards of treatment. In this Dr. Bachmann fails.

IMHO, the 'Pray away the Gay' theme is a made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community to slander a politician that they disagree with.

Exodus International is one of many anti-gay Christian organizations dedicated to ‘pray away the gay’:

Exodus affirms reorientation of same sex attraction is possible. This is a process, which begins with motivation to, and self-determination to change based upon a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We facilitate resources for this process through our member ministries, other established networks and the Church. The key outcome of this is measured by a growing capacity to turn away from temptations, a reconciling of ones identity with Jesus Christ, being transformed into His image. This enables growth towards Godly heterosexuality. Exodus recognizes that a lifelong and healthy marriage as well as a Godly single life are good indicators of this transformation.

Policy Statements

Clearly this is not a ‘made up transparent attempt by the gay and lesbian community.’

Fortunately your ‘creed’ has nothing to do with that of medical professionals. It’s obviously harmful to ‘treat’ someone not suffering from any mental disability or disorder.

No proof he failed. No proof it worked. you even look at his web site ? The testimonials of past clients say there treatment worked for them. No one has discredited his credentials or proven fraud. the post implied that he took money from medicare to prey the gay away, and no one has proven that he did. So far, there has only been opinion, and emotion.

No proof he failed. No proof it worked. you even look at his web site ? The testimonials of past clients say there treatment worked for them. No one has discredited his credentials or proven fraud. the post implied that he took money from medicare to prey the gay away, and no one has proven that he did. So far, there has only been opinion, and emotion.

He discredited himself when he lied about using this dangerous and discredited "therapy". Do you not recall that he claimed his "clinic" didn't practice conversion therapy?

FTR - It is an indisputable fact that his clinic took medicaid payments.

Michele Bachmann Defends Medicaid Payments To Husband's Clinic | TPMDC

"Medicaid is a valuable form of insurance for many Americans and it would be discriminatory not to accept Medicaid as a form of payment," a spokeswoman for Bachmann's campaign said in a statement on Wednesday responding to questions about the payments. "As a state-sponsored counseling service, Bachmann and Associates has a responsibility to provide Medicaid and medical assistance, regardless of a patient's financial situation."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-pray-away-the-gay-therapy-5.html#post3866777

Do some forms of prayer effect the chemical make up within our brains? I'm geared toward the ascetics. Perhaps this therapy may be controversial because it could prove to be dangerous but that also affirms it to be most effective for some.

Neurology is fascinating because of the spiritual depths revealed.

the post implied that he took money from medicare to prey the gay away, and no one has proven that he did. So far, there has only been opinion, and emotion.

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

Momanohedhunter, since this fact was already established with you at post 137, I can only assume that means you are either :cuckoo: or a :eusa_liar:

:eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-pray-away-the-gay-therapy-6.html#post3868027

Last edited:

Policy Statements

Thanks for making my point even if that was not your intent. The term 'pray away the gay' is not in the Exodus International statement' and it is obviously a made up transparent cliche'. Will you concede, based on the posts on this board, that MOST gays HATE all Christians and conservatives?

It is very lawyer like of you to use quotation marks when you reference the term.

When a gay person seeks counseling for their 'gayness' I suggest that they do so because they THINK they have a mental problem. I happen to agree with them and counseling and a prayer does no harm.

Medical professionals disagree on many procedures and practices. That is where the 'get a second opinion' on medical matters came from.

Thanks for making my point even if that was not your intent. The term 'pray away the gay' is not in the Exodus International statement' and it is obviously a made up transparent cliche'. Will you concede, based on the posts on this board, that MOST gays HATE all Christians and conservatives?

It is very lawyer like of you to use quotation marks when you reference the term.

When a gay person seeks counseling for their 'gayness' I suggest that they do so because they THINK they have a mental problem. I happen to agree with them and counseling and a prayer does no harm.

Medical professionals disagree on many procedures and practices. That is where the 'get a second opinion' on medical matters came from.

I suspect a reason that a large portion of persons seek some sort of therapy is because they are not happy with themselves.

But, in the spirit of this thread, "Burn the witch!"

The hysterics here are amazing.

Individual professionals may disagree, but when you've got entire medical organizations releasing statements about how dangerous and discredited the practice is...it goes beyond just a little "disagreement".

Sexual orientation is not a mental disorder...thanks to ACTUAL science, that classification was removed way back in the 70s.

Forum List

Back