Bacon, hot dogs and processed meats cause cancer, WHO says

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!! We're all going to die of cancer....if we don't burn up from gloBULL warming.

Ummm.... we're already dying of cancer. Check the stats. Duh.

But you know what, let's just keep dying and not bother to find out why. That's the ticket. :smoke:

Hmmmm ....either I live a full life and eat the good things I like and go out in another 10~ 30 years happy :)

Or

Or watch my diet, eat food that sucks, live to 100 and someone has to change my diaper?

I pick door number One....

You won't be dying "happy" with cancer, heart disease, obesity, kidney and liver disease - all of which are associated with eating meat.

Which is not to say everyone who eats meat/smokes cigs will die miserable.

I do believe however that staying healthy will make my last years on the planet a lot happier. But that's just me.

That's my real pic, do I look fat? I am 50 years old I and can never gain weight. I also don't give a Damn about cancer and won't go to a quack or worry about it.

Not that I ate these foods all that much..

Bacon, sausage and other processed meats are now ranked alongside cigarettes and asbestos as known carcinogens, the World Health Organization announced today. Processed meats cause cancer, and red meat likely causes cancer, the health agency says in a new report.

The new investigation involved 22 scientists who were invited by the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer to assess the association between more than 16 types of cancer and the consumption of red meat and processed meat.

This is not news as it's been known for quite some time. It's in large part due to the chemicals administered to cattle which ends up in the flesh and in turn poisons humans. Growth hormone, antibiotics given both in feed and intravenously, are contaminating the carcasses and ultimately killing people. Growth hormone ingested in red meat is the cause, in part, of American obesity. It grows cattle bigger and more quickly, and it does the same thing in individuals that consume it through the food chain.

I saw this report this morning on the news it is based on a finding that 34,000 people world wide died and their deaths attributed to processed meats.

It's hogwash. 34,000 in the world? Out of how many that eat sausage and bacon? Germany alone would be dead.

There's some things the human body was never designed to eat. Nitrates, preservatives, and a whole host of scientific sounding ingredients that are packed into food. I don't feel threatened by the WHO giving us the right information since the USDA has been lying to us for 5 decades, as well documented in The China Study by T. Colin Campbell. The USDA doesn't exist to inform the American people, it exists to pimp the various industries it was created to represent. Fortunately, the truth is getting out through the WHO.

Processed Meats are bad, like Bologna and Hot Dogs.

A steak from Grass Fed Beef (Not Feed Lot Beef) is just fine.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!! We're all going to die of cancer....if we don't burn up from gloBULL warming.

Ummm.... we're already dying of cancer. Check the stats. Duh.

But you know what, let's just keep dying and not bother to find out why. That's the ticket. :smoke:

Hmmmm ....either I live a full life and eat the good things I like and go out in another 10~ 30 years happy :)

Or

Or watch my diet, eat food that sucks, live to 100 and someone has to change my diaper?

I pick door number One....

You won't be dying "happy" with cancer, heart disease, obesity, kidney and liver disease - all of which are associated with eating meat.

Which is not to say everyone who eats meat/smokes cigs will die miserable.

I do believe however that staying healthy will make my last years on the planet a lot happier. But that's just me.

Its quality of life not quantity and
Everyone dies but not everyone lives.

Bacon, sausage and other processed meats are now ranked alongside cigarettes and asbestos as known carcinogens, the World Health Organization announced today. Processed meats cause cancer, and red meat likely causes cancer, the health agency says in a new report.

The new investigation involved 22 scientists who were invited by the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer to assess the association between more than 16 types of cancer and the consumption of red meat and processed meat.

This seems to be the next big thing for progressives, the war on meat.

yeah...I wouldn't trust that report....they hate meat because they think it causes global warming.....

yeah...I wouldn't trust that report....they hate meat because they think it causes global warming.....

Meat consumption has gone up a great deal in the past century.

It's not good for the planet or people eating it.

Religious texts have even put constraints on the consumption of animal protein.

And most older recipes really don't use it. At best it use to be a once a week meal.

Now? Many people eat it three times a day.

I don't know that the WHO has a big investment in the global warming scam, but I do take their findings pretty seriously, especially because they line up with the findings of The China Study performed in the 1970's and 1980's as detailed in T. Colin Campbell's book. The WHO also recommends breastfeeding until at least the age of two and it seems it's just Americans that want to wean ASAP. Four kids now and all of them have been breastfed into tottlerhood. I don't ever find a political motivation to WHO's medical studies and sometimes they're at odds with the American Left. For example, right now Leftists are moaning about the "crime" of circumcision, but the WHO recommends it for many health reasons, including the reduced risk of STDs. I'm circumcised as well as my three boys. My wife and I have a certain level of trust in the WHO.

WHO are a bunch of fucking commies!

Bacon rules!

bacon_blog_post.jpg

Folks, I'm doing a countdown....how long will it take before Obama is blamed for all this....100, 99, 98, 97...........

Forum List

Back