Bad news of the GW front: Dr. Patrick Moore: ‘I fear a global cooling’

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Now I hope that the fearist can see why any of us that grew up in the 60s and 70s give ourselves a good old palm smack to the forehead when we read things like the following.

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: ‘I fear a global cooling’ – Rips Obama for ‘hollow’ climate claims

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: ?I fear a global cooling? ? Rips Obama for ?hollow? climate claims | Climate Depot

Ecologist Dr. Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace, warned “I fear a global cooling,” during his keynote address to the Ninth International Conference on Climate Change in Las Vegas on Tuesday. Moore, who left Greenpeace in 1986 because he felt it had become too radical, is the author of “Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist.” (Watch climate conference live here)

Moore noted that a cooling would adversely impact agriculture, and said: “Let’s hope for a little warming as opposed to a little cooling. I would rather it got a little warmer.” (Watch Moore video here at the Heartland Institute event)

Moore noted that “the U.S. is currently been cooling” and noted that there has been “no global warming for nearly 18 years.” He also mocked the notion that “everything is due to global warming.”

“If it warms two degrees, hopefully more in Canada in the North…maybe it would be a good thing if it did,” Moore explained.

Now I hope that the fearist can see why any of us that grew up in the 60s and 70s give ourselves a good old palm smack to the forehead when we read things like the following.

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: ‘I fear a global cooling’ – Rips Obama for ‘hollow’ climate claims

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: ?I fear a global cooling? ? Rips Obama for ?hollow? climate claims | Climate Depot

Ecologist Dr. Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace, warned “I fear a global cooling,” during his keynote address to the Ninth International Conference on Climate Change in Las Vegas on Tuesday. Moore, who left Greenpeace in 1986 because he felt it had become too radical, is the author of “Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist.” (Watch climate conference live here)

Moore noted that a cooling would adversely impact agriculture, and said: “Let’s hope for a little warming as opposed to a little cooling. I would rather it got a little warmer.” (Watch Moore video here at the Heartland Institute event)

Moore noted that “the U.S. is currently been cooling” and noted that there has been “no global warming for nearly 18 years.” He also mocked the notion that “everything is due to global warming.”

“If it warms two degrees, hopefully more in Canada in the North…maybe it would be a good thing if it did,” Moore explained.

And what's Moore's evidence that there hasn't been global warming in 18 years?

Sure, listen to the Ecologist. By chance, do you know what one of those studies? Hint, it isn't climate...

Michel Mann's education: A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989), MS physics (1991), MPhil physics (1991), MPhil geology (1993), PhD geology & geophysics (1998)[1

Nope don't see anything about climate in that resume.

the peoples of the world have always done better

in the warm periods as opposed to the cold periods

And what's Moore's evidence that there hasn't been global warming in 18 years?

Don't really know and it isn't the point of the OP. The point is that here we have on of the co-founders of Greenpeace, which isn't exactly a conservative hot spot, saying that warmer is better then colder. This is exactly what I have been saying all along.

But if you want to look at data supplied by NOAA Look at this site. Go to global, then put in the dates 1998 to 2014 land and sea temperature and look at the info. Hard to say it cooled but equally hard to say it has warmed, since 1998.

And remember you are doing this for yourself. You are not just believing what someone tells you, other then the numbers they supply. Keep an open mind.

Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Sure, listen to the Ecologist. By chance, do you know what one of those studies? Hint, it isn't climate...

Michel Mann's education: A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989), MS physics (1991), MPhil physics (1991), MPhil geology (1993), PhD geology & geophysics (1998)[1

And what evidence does Mr. Moore have that shows that there's been no global warming in nearly 18 years?

You may no use for evidence, but its pretty central to the way I perceive the world.

And what evidence does Mr. Moore have that shows that there's been no global warming in nearly 18 years?

You may no use for evidence, but its pretty central to the way I perceive the world.

I never made the claim that the world was cooling why would you think that? Oh right lack of critical thinking.

I provided a site: Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) for everyone to go and look for themselves at the data from NOAA, it is easy. You can do it. You apparently have not or you would have posted your evidence contrary to what the Co-Founder of Greenpeace SAID.

Environmentalists have regarded Moore as a liar and clown for the past 20 years, being that he's just a paid shill for various industries. Anyone saying environmentalist like Moore is either a liar or moron. Hence, most deniers will say that. It's just another reason why most of the world correctly considers denialism to be a liars' cult.

Anyone who thinks the USA is cooling, much less the world, is also either lying or retarded. Hence, all deniers will say that as well. They literally don't care that it's bull. To a herd animal like your average denier, exile from the herd would be like a death sentence, so none of them dare contradict anything the cult says.

Environmentalists have regarded Moore as a liar and clown for the past 20 years, being that he's just a paid shill for various industries. Anyone saying environmentalist like Moore is either a liar or moron. Hence, most deniers will say that. It's just another reason why most of the world correctly considers denialism to be a liars' cult.

Anyone who thinks the USA is cooling, much less the world, is also either lying or retarded. Hence, all deniers will say that as well. They literally don't care that it's bull. To a herd animal like your average denier, exile from the herd would be like a death sentence, so none of them dare contradict anything the cult says.

Produce your evidence of warming or cooling since 1998, not an article but the evidence as I have done. Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

If environmentalists regard him as a liar, then he MUST be telling the truth.

attachment.php

Don't really know and it isn't the point of the OP.

Oh. Then if its just the baseless opinion of some guy, why should I care?

The point is that here we have on of the co-founders of Greenpeace, which isn't exactly a conservative hot spot, saying that warmer is better then colder. This is exactly what I have been saying all along.
Sounds to me like you're trying to switch from 'there is no global warming' to 'warming is better than cooling'.

Is the weight of the evidence finally getting to you? Or are you just finally realizing that America and the pretty much the rest of the world isn't buying the 'grand coincidence theory' that American conservatives have been trying to shill?

But if you want to look at data supplied by NOAA Look at this site. Go to global, then put in the dates 1998 to 2014 land and sea temperature and look at the info. Hard to say it cooled but equally hard to say it has warmed, since 1998.

Actually, its quite easy. 1998 was an outlier, a spike in temperature well outside the global trendline. Our *average* temperatures have now risen so much that they've almost matched the outlier. With the trend line going up from 1998 to 2014.

Your theory only works if we use 1998 as our baseline temperature for the last 135 years. And no one with a scrap of intellectual integrity would use an outlier as a baseline.

And remember you are doing this for yourself. You are not just believing what someone tells you, other then the numbers they supply. Keep an open mind.

Given that your source didn't provide any numbers, your point is kinda moot. You posted him because he agrees with what you want to believe. Even if he has no particular expertise, nor presents any data to back up his points. Do the words 'confirmation bias' mean anything to you?

Worse, what you're attributing to him is an easily debunked and deeply dishonest argument that uses a one time spike as the global baseline. And ignores the fact that our trendline has continued to rise during the entire time he speaks of 'cooling'.

Rising global temperatures aren't global cooling.

Why would anyone with an 'open mind' use the outlier of 1998 as our baseline for all global temperatures, both before that year and after? Why would anyone with an open mind ignore the ascending trendline that has continued to climb for 2 decades? Why would anyone with an open mind ignore the fact that our global averages are now so high that it nearly matches one of the highest temperature spikes in recorded history?

I can't think of a single reason.

7Temp2001-2008_lg.jpg

Earth's temperature has not risen significantly since 1998 and has cooled by 0.5oC since early 2007. Even the United Nations has quietly admitted this. This is completely contrary to the CO2 caused global warming theory, which states that the earth's temperature should be quickly rising because atmospheric CO2 is rising quickly. The UN and those who support the CO2 warming theory claim that the cooling is just a temporary glitch and earth's temperature will began to rise again in a year or two. However, as explained in Lesson 3, a majority of scientists now believe that we are in for a 15 to 35 year cooling cycle that has nothing to do with CO2 and everything to do with solar activity and temperature oscillations of the oceans.

Earth's temperature has not risen significantly since 1998 and has cooled by 0.5oC since early 2007.

If that's true, then why does your chart stop in 2008? You know.....there's been almost as much time since 2008 as is covered by your entire chart. You think it might be a little relevant, especially since the 2007 to 2014 is your entire argument?

That's correct.

Forum List

Back