Bakers fined for not working homosexual "wedding" continue fighting for their freedoms

There is hundreds of wedding cake products....what kind are you worried about?
None of them only that everyone is allowed to buy them, wherever and wherever sold.
So, you want to force people to make whatever you want?
No, I want people to do for customers what they already do for customers.

People have a right to associate with anyone they wish......Businesses don't.

A business must conform to the standards of the community they do business with. That includes how late you can stay open, how many people you can have in, how you treat your employees and who you must serve

We don't serve gays is not an option

The Constitution says you are wrong......
The Civil Rights Act of 1965 says I am

None of them only that everyone is allowed to buy them, wherever and wherever sold.

A business must conform to the standards of the community they do business with. That includes how late you can stay open, how many people you can have in, how you treat your employees and who you must serve

So, your saying making a choice is a civil right?

Doctors would be free to only treat people of their own religion. You can't separate people by vocation. "Well bakers can discriminate but doctors can't". Why? If they are the same religion and a doctor doesn't want to treat someone that is Hindu, or Atheist, how exactly do you justify one getting to pick and choose and not another.

Is the doctor being forced to take part in a homosexual "marriage"....the answer is NO! So you can't compare the 2.

He sells a commodity. Yes let us now draw up a 50,000 page document on who one can and can't refuse to sell goods to. Freckles? Get out!!
No the hospital sells a commodity and healthcare is NOT a commodity its a damn right. Having a christian couple take part in your homosexual "wedding" is against their religious rights,healing someone has NOTHING to do with a wedding or funeral.
A Christian couple does not have to take part in a homosexual wedding..
But a business does. Serve one...serve all
We don't serve negroes is not an option, neither is we don't serve gays

Doctors would be free to only treat people of their own religion. You can't separate people by vocation. "Well bakers can discriminate but doctors can't". Why? If they are the same religion and a doctor doesn't want to treat someone that is Hindu, or Atheist, how exactly do you justify one getting to pick and choose and not another.

Is the doctor being forced to take part in a homosexual "marriage"....the answer is NO! So you can't compare the 2.
Same law...so yes they are comparible...UNLESS...you believe laws should be selectively enforced....do you?

It is unConstitutional......

He sells a commodity. Yes let us now draw up a 50,000 page document on who one can and can't refuse to sell goods to. Freckles? Get out!!
No the hospital sells a commodity and healthcare is NOT a commodity its a damn right. Having a christian couple take part in your homosexual "wedding" is against their religious rights,healing someone has NOTHING to do with a wedding or funeral.
A Christian couple does not have to take part in a homosexual wedding..
But a business does. Serve one...serve all
We don't serve negroes is not an option, neither is we don't serve gays

They are protected by the First Amendment.....freedom of religion...you don't get to tell them what their religion allows....

Same law...so yes they are comparible...UNLESS...you believe laws should be selectively enforced....do you?
What law allows you to force someone to make something?

Where did you get your Constitutional law degree?

Reading the Constitution......

You a Phoenix? :lol:

Here...even you should be able to understand it....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

Anyone here been to a wedding where the cake baker is part of the wedding ceremony?
I've been to a gay wedding, and they had a nice special ordered gay wedding cake.....the baker was there tending to it until it was cut.....

What the fuck was your point again?

Making someone do work they do not want to do.....you call that slavery.....which the democrats know quite well....they owned blacks as slaves for a very long time...now they want to own everyone as slaves....even bakers....

Congrats...I read it too...and disagree with you. And guess what? Those with Constitution law degrees and years on the bench making Constitutionality rulings disagree with you too.

Congrats...I read it too...and disagree with you. And guess what? Those with Constitution law degrees and years on the bench making Constitutionality rulings disagree with you too.
I bet all you fascists do....

Making someone do work they do not want to do.....you call that slavery.....which the democrats know quite well....they owned blacks as slaves for a very long time...now they want to own everyone as slaves....even bakers....
Interesting take...what if your boss tells you to do something you don't like? Slavery? Just like black slavery?

Yeah...lawyers....lefty lawyers who couldn't really understand the constitution if their life depended on it.....

For crying out loud!

Stop whining and bake the fucking cake

So, stop in here,

th

and ask them to make a cake celebrating Hitlers birthday
They could refuse that. It's a very different request than the one in this case. You people are horribly uninformed.

Is it?

You don't think the Christian couple find the gay wedding as distasteful as the other bakery finds Hitler?
You can refuse to put language on a cake. That's protected by the first amendment. But you can't refuse to sell them your product just because you hate folks like them.

Why not?

Forum List

Back