🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bakery Owners Refuse to Pay Gay Extortionists

So you would force a Catholic store to sell a Jesus figure to a Satanist who would perform a profane ritual on it, and tells the store's owner he/she would be doing it?

why would you know they're a Satanist? you'd simply have to sell a statute.

it's a statute, not a religious being.

They would identify as a Satanist, and inform you of what they wanted to do with the statue.

and for some religions the images of religious icons are sacred.

So you would use the power of the State to force them to sell the statue or go out of business?

why would they identify as anything?

because it's part of the mental exercise. Just answer the question.

Given this situation, do PA laws require the seller to sell the statue?

your example will never happen. but assuming you want to draw an in-apt analogy, the making of a cake does not ridicule or taint Christian ritual. it just makes them not a bigot.

or was making a wedding cake for dogs ok but not for humans?
were they gay or straight dogs?

They would identify as a Satanist, and inform you of what they wanted to do with the statue.

So you would use the power of the State to force them to sell the statue or go out of business?

your example will never happen. but assuming you want to draw an in-apt analogy, the making of a cake does not ridicule or taint Christian ritual. it just makes them not a bigot.

don't think the dogs cared ....you know it's cake!

not sure it matters. it speaks to the hypocrites' views of the sanctity of marriage

The bakery owners are out of luck, they don't have a choice.

Once the gay couple decided to report this and press charges, it was over.

The gay couple didn't have to, of course, but they wanted to see the bakery owners punished.

Keep your mouth shut and pay up. And by all means, don't give the wrong people a chance to claim they're "offended".

I suppose they could have sucked it up.

but why would they suck up the bigotry? I'd think it more likely that they didn't want others treated as they were.

The gay couple didn't have to, of course, but they wanted to see the bakery owners punished.

Keep your mouth shut and pay up. And by all means, don't give the wrong people a chance to claim they're "offended".

but why would they suck up the bigotry? I'd think it more likely that they didn't want others treated as they were.
There are always going to be people we don't care for, people who don't care for us.

The only thing that punishing people like this will do is make them even more of whatever the hell it is they already are.

I'd rather work with someone who wants to work with me. I'm not going to force someone to do something. To hell with 'em.

No pun intended.

So you would force a Catholic store to sell a Jesus figure to a Satanist who would perform a profane ritual on it, and tells the store's owner he/she would be doing it?

the only part of that yammering that's fact is , you're mental.

it's clear you just can handle the discussion. I suggest the Hello Kitty message board. It's more to your level.

That's why its a mental exercise. And I'm sure it could happen, people can be assholes.

But it is nice to see you admit the whole exercise of all this is to "make people not a bigot" i.e. make government compel them to follow the morality of the people in charge, not the silly "fairness" you keep rambling on about.
bullshit the odds of that happening are less than zero.
I do agree people can be assholes...like the evangelicals that hang out in front of Halloween shops this time of year and scream it's devil worship and you're going to hell.
for me it just adds to ambiance...

But you want government to punish certain assholes, and that makes you an even bigger asshole.

There are always going to be people we don't care for, people who don't care for us.

The only thing that punishing people like this will do is make them even more of whatever the hell it is they already are.

I'd rather work with someone who wants to work with me. I'm not going to force someone to do something. To hell with 'em.

No pun intended.

those people should be in another line of work.

there should never be signs saying "no blacks, no jews and no gays". I know you know that's right.

and while they have the right to choose who they have in their home, no matter how bigoted and ignorant they may be, they do not have the right to discriminate against people in the operation of their business.

the reality is that you can deny service to anyone for any reason or no reason at all, but not an illegal one.

it's clear you just can handle the discussion. I suggest the Hello Kitty message board. It's more to your level.
what discussion? you are desperately trying to force a completely unrealistic scenario in to a real world situation.
religious beliefs are superseded by PA laws.

That's why its a mental exercise. And I'm sure it could happen, people can be assholes.

But it is nice to see you admit the whole exercise of all this is to "make people not a bigot" i.e. make government compel them to follow the morality of the people in charge, not the silly "fairness" you keep rambling on about.
I do agree people can be assholes...like the evangelicals that hang out in front of Halloween shops this time of year and scream it's devil worship and you're going to hell.

But you want government to punish certain assholes, and that makes you an even bigger asshole.
false! you wish that's what I wanted , that not only makes you a gargantuan asshole but a mental one to boot!

No pun intended.

there should never be signs saying "no blacks, no jews and no gays". I know you know that's right.

and while they have the right to choose who they have in their home, no matter how bigoted and ignorant they may be, they do not have the right to discriminate against people in the operation of their business.

the reality is that you can deny service to anyone for any reason or no reason at all, but not an illegal one.
Sure, and I've never argued against that, although I very much doubt that they considered this when they decided to open the business.

But the choice regarding what happens after they refuse service is up to the customers. They can go to someone who wants to work with them or they can use the force of law to make the business owner do so.

I'm happy to let bigots stew in their own juices. I have no reason to want to punish them, especially when I know it will only make them worse.

Sure, and I've never argued against that, although I very much doubt that they considered this when they decided to open the business.

But the choice regarding what happens after they refuse service is up to the customers. They can go to someone who wants to work with them or they can use the force of law to make the business owner do so.

I'm happy to let bigots stew in their own juices. I have no reason to want to punish them, especially when I know it will only make them worse.

Then there is a 3rd choice which is what actually happens. The customer files a complaint for the violation of the law and then goes on to obtain the goods and services elsewhere and the government entity investigates the complaint.

These things take years, the couple didn't put off their wedding.

>>>>

No pun intended.

where you and I disagree is that I don't believe anyone needs to be a victim. by the same token, rosa parks could have given up her seat.... and black people could have continued to tolerate jim crow.

I don't think tolerating bigotry is admirable though I do understand it makes them more palatable.

No pun intended.

where you and I disagree is that I don't believe anyone needs to be a victim. by the same token, rosa parks could have given up her seat.... and black people could have continued to tolerate jim crow.

I don't think tolerating bigotry is admirable though I do understand it makes them more palatable.
Race and sexual orientation issues are flat-lining on their own through the culture. Most kids nowadays really don't give a crap about either. Some of these people are going to lighten up and change their minds through the culture, the rest will just have to fade away. There will always be people out there who piss us off.

As for those whose minds may be changed, I'd rather do it with patience and reason and logic than with force. The change is here already.

No pun intended.

Race and sexual orientation issues are flat-lining on their own through the culture. Most kids nowadays really don't give a crap about either. Some of these people are going to lighten up and change their minds through the culture, the rest will just have to fade away. There will always be people out there who piss us off.

As for those whose minds may be changed, I'd rather do it with patience and reason and logic than with force. The change is here already.

in part... certainly in urban environments. but I promise you, and you know from reading the posts on this board, that if people in the same places jim crow existed could vote on segregation, they would support it.

we're going to have to disagree on this one. civil rights aren't up for a vote...or popular sentiment. sometimes people have to be dragged kicking and screaming into reality... like when the army was desegregated

do you think for a second that the federal government would not have to use force to desegregate schools if the issue were under consideration today?

what discussion? you are desperately trying to force a completely unrealistic scenario in to a real world situation.

It's the same concept, but since you can't answer it without being seen as an oppressive twat, you have to ignore it.

You WANT PA laws to override religious beliefs, the idea that they should is what is up for debate.

Considering the only "harm" that is occurring here is hurt feelings, what you want is oppression of people who hold beliefs other than yours.

false! you wish that's what I wanted , that not only makes you a gargantuan asshole but a mental one to boot!

Deny it all you want, but it's true. Now kindly go play in traffic.

It's the same concept, but since you can't answer it without being seen as an oppressive twat, you have to ignore it.

You WANT PA laws to override religious beliefs, the idea that they should is what is up for debate.

Considering the only "harm" that is occurring here is hurt feelings, what you want is oppression of people who hold beliefs other than yours.
No it's not reality and fantasy are two separate things.
I have answered you aren't getting the results you want and whining like a bitch because of it.

No it's not reality and fantasy are two separate things.
I have answered you aren't getting the results you want and whining like a bitch because of it.

You are dodging because you know the answer you want to give makes you look like a fascist thug.

Deny it all you want, but it's true. Now kindly go play in traffic.
Who's dening anything , you are a gargantuan asshole .

Forum List

Back