Baldwin Update

One crew member backs his claim.

That, together with a firearm expert on the stand that will testify that a single shot revolver can misfire without a trigger pull, pretty much wraps this one up, as far as him being held criminally responsible.

The ONLY way it fired is if the Hammer was cocked back and who do you suppose did that?
Dunno. Do you know? No? Might have been him. Might have been someone else. Might have been half cocked on accident and malfunctioned half cocked.

Hard to know, without video.

And the Academy Award goes to.......................

:rolleyes:
'I didn't pull the trigger"

1638497264286.png

Even if the gun did malfunction and fire somehow without Baldwin pulling the trigger, it seems odd he and the AD waited so long to say so. Seems like he’s getting some poor legal advice.

1638500582247.png

Baldwin's gun was a F.LLI Pietta 1873 Single Action Revolver 45 Long Colt. (the photo there is not that model but similar) A single action revolver requires you to cock the hammer manually before pulling the trigger. I have read that with this type of firearm, once the hammer is cocked, only very light pressure on the trigger is required for it to fire. Baldwin said he pulled the hammer back and when he let go if it it fired. However, if he had his finger even lightly on the trigger, could the gun have fired? I'm sure there are folks here that are more experienced than myself comments are welcome.

That being said, the 'gorilla in the room' is: Why was there a live round in the gun and shouldn't last person handling that gun (Baldwin) ensure the gun had no live round? Lots of weird shit going on here IMO. Where is Columbo when you need him?

Last edited:
Baldwin will be found lying as the gun clearly cannot just discharge by itself, and trying to lie to the authorities to hide or conceal facts in a homicide will carry far graver weight of guilt than had he simply confessed his stupidity and ignorance.
Lying on TV won't sink him if he was truthful with investigators. I'm sure cameras were rolling when the shot was fired, so it will be a major problem for his defense against the civil suits.

No idea. Did he say anything to anyone at all? Seems like this is "the beginning".
Well, it’s been a couple weeks. You’d think that would’ve been one of the first things he said if he didn’t even pull the trigger.

Doesn’t mean it’s not true, of course, but it seems odd to me.

He could have been advised not to say any details about the incident, I suppose.

Well, it’s been a couple weeks. You’d think that would’ve been one of the first things he said if he didn’t even pull the trigger.
It is one of the first things he has said. This is the first time he has spoken publicly.

"Why didn't he just say that, then?"

He just did.

Forum List

Back