Baldwin Update

It is one of the first things he has said. This is the first time he has spoken publicly.

"Why didn't he just say that, then?"

He just did.
It just seems to me that when the whole narrative in the media coverage was “Alec Baldwin accidentally shot and killed a crew member with a prop gun”….. the first thing he would have said is “wait a minute, I never touched the trigger. It was a malfunction”.

Unless I’m not understanding what he’s saying.

I also don’t understand (or perhaps misunderstood, il admit I only watched sound bytes of the interview) what he means when he says he would never point a gun at someone. Obviously he was pointing the gun at her, at least by accident, if it shot her.

Not saying that I think he’s guilty. But what he said in that interview seemed impulsive and ill conceived.

ok, so here’s the context of Baldwin’s description. Makes some more sense now.

Gun in hand, Baldwin said he and Hutchins began blocking out the scene. She was directing his every move, he said: “Everything is at her direction.”

“This was a marking rehearsal,” Baldwin said. “And [Hutchins] says to me, ‘Hold the gun lower. Go to your right. Okay, right there. All right, do that. Now show it a little bit lower.’ And she's getting me to position the gun.”

“She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle,” he said. “I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit.”

What happened next remains a mystery. It's the subject of intense public scrutiny and an investigation fronted by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s

To get the shot, Baldwin said he needed to cock the gun, but not fire it: “The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.”

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

“So, you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“No, no, no, no, no,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them.”

It just seems to me that when the whole narrative in the media coverage was “Alec Baldwin accidentally shot and killed a crew member with a prop gun”….. the first thing he would have said is “wait a minute, I never touched the trigger. It was a malfunction”.

I doubt a lawyer would advise that. Also, there is a grieving family. You don't run to the cameras on day one and plead your case.

You just be a bit less slimy and do it two.months later. *puke*

Versus..what? I want to hear the crazy person's version. And I know you have it.

He killed her to silence her? She had dirt on Soros? What?
He killed her because he is a reckless fuckhead. He hired incompetent people on set (to save money) and he doesn’t know how to handle a firearm. He is a negligent murderer.

He killed her because he is a reckless fuckhead. He hired incompetent people on set (to save money) and he doesn’t know how to handle a firearm. He is a negligent murderer.
So, carelessness. Didn't take the gun seriously. Jail?

ok, so here’s the context of Baldwin’s description. Makes some more sense now.

Gun in hand, Baldwin said he and Hutchins began blocking out the scene. She was directing his every move, he said: “Everything is at her direction.”

“This was a marking rehearsal,” Baldwin said. “And [Hutchins] says to me, ‘Hold the gun lower. Go to your right. Okay, right there. All right, do that. Now show it a little bit lower.’ And she's getting me to position the gun.”

“She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle,” he said. “I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit.”

What happened next remains a mystery. It's the subject of intense public scrutiny and an investigation fronted by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s

To get the shot, Baldwin said he needed to cock the gun, but not fire it: “The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.”

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

“So, you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“No, no, no, no, no,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them.”

He is saying he didn’t pull the trigger after cocking the gun hammer. Bullshit, he likely had is depressed the whole time, then when he let the hammer go it would automatically fire because the trigger was already depressed.

So that answers that. He pulled the hammer back and it went off. Baldwin had no expectation that a live round would then discharge.

Per his story, that is.

Last edited:

So that answers that. He pulled the hammer back and it went off. Baldwin had no expectation that a live round would thej discharge.

Per his story, that is.
He was handed a gun. It was his responsibility to ensure the weapon was safe.

He did not do so.

guess he didnt pull the hammer back either,,
You probably already know but that is exactly what he said in the interview. The director wanted a shot of him pulling the hammer back, so he did. And then he let it go. My guess is that in his mind, nothing should happen.

Why are his attorneys allowing him to give interviews? He's a professional actor, he hyped himself up to play the part of the innocent victim complete with grimaces and tears.

Firearms are dangerous if you are not trained on how to handle them plus often what is safe on one is not safe on others. For example on some pistols when you drop the magazine the gun will not fire even with a round in the chamber. However on others it doesn’t matter if you drop the magazine or not. If there is a round in the chamber and you drop the magazine there will be a loud noice if you pull the trigger and hopefully the gun is pointed in a safe manner. Not all pistols come with a magazine disconnect plus some shooters remove them.

Older single action western style revolvers (like I believe Baldwin had in his hand) had the hammer of the revolver resting on the firing pin when decocked. If the revolver was fully loaded if could fire if dropped on the hammer. (That’s why you only load fire rounds into an older western style six shooter.) If you were decocking the firearm and slipped you might also discharge a round depending on the amount of force the hammer applied to the firing pin. Modern revolvers have implemented safety systems such as a transfer bar to prevent such incidents.

The revolver is the video has a transfer bar safety system but notice how careful the shooter is while decocking the weapon. Mechanical devices do fail. That’s why you NEVER point any firearm at something you do not want to destroy.

Older single action western style revolvers (like I believe Baldwin had in his hand) had the hammer of the revolver resting on the firing pin when decocked. If the revolver was fully loaded if could fire if dropped on the hammer. If you were decocking the firearm and slipped you might discharge a round. Modern revolvers have implemented safety systems such as a transfer bar to prevent such incidents.

The revolver in this video has a transfer bar but notice how careful the shooter is when decocking the hammer.

Last edited:

It seems the firearm Baldwin used on the set of Rust was a 'smart' gun.

(smart enough to be able to pull it's own trigger.)

"Alec Baldwin says he "didn't pull the trigger" on the gun that killed Halyna Hutchins on the set of his movie Rust."

"When asked if he pulled the trigger on the gun that killed Hutchins, the cinematographer who worked on Rust, Baldwin said, "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never.""

WORST excuse I've ever heard.
An SUV pulled the trigger.

Forum List

Back