Baltimore reaches 100 homicides for year with overnight shootings

Leftist paradise

Edit: "Cop hater paradise".

Yes...thats mostly leftists. But retards like you contribute. Your constant cop hate adds to the problem....especially considering the math shows such a tiny tiny % of cops are "bad".

So...you and the leftists get what you want. Chaos.

Baltimore murder rate hits 300 for first time since 1999...

Baltimore sees 300 homicides in one year for first time since 1999
Sunday 15 November 2015 - Police report another homicide within hours of reaching 300; Former mayor Martin O’Malley faces questions over crime
Baltimore’s homicide toll for 2015 reached what police commissioner Kevin Davis called a “sad” milestone of 300 over the weekend. The announcement came on the same day that the former Baltimore mayor and Maryland governor Martin O’Malley saw the issue of crime in the city rebound on him in the Democratic presidential debate.

In an exchange onstage in Des Moines, Iowa, O’Malley said both former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and Vermont senator Bernie Sanders, whom he trails by some distance in polls, were not strong enough on gun control issues. Sanders noted the announcement of the 300th homicide of the year as he retorted: “I think it’s fair to say that Baltimore is not one of the safest cities in America.”

Less than four hours after the announcement of that 300th killing, Baltimore police reported another homicide on Saturday night. They said a 22-year-old man was shot in the chest and died a short time later. Police did not immediately announce the man’s identity.

The 300th homicide recorded earlier on Saturday was the stabbing death of a 27-year-old man. It is the first time since 1999 that the city has recorded 300 homicides. In 2014, the city saw 211 killings for the year.

Baltimore sees 300 homicides in one year for first time since 1999

See also:

Stabbing Marks Baltimore's 300th Homicide
November 15, 2015 - With Saturday afternoon's fatal stabbing of a 27-year-old man in West Baltimore, the city's annual homicide count hit 300 for the first time since 1999.
The latest killing in Carroll-South Hilton continued a surge of violence -- more than a killing per day -- that began in late April following Freddie Gray's death and the accompanying unrest. The spate of violence, along with the city's population decline over time, now has Baltimore poised to hit another sobering milestone: the deadliest year on a per capita basis. That is an abrupt turnaround from 2011, when city leaders were encouraged by the first drop below 200 homicides since the 1970s. "Unless we come together as an entire community we are just going to continue to watch this happen," said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who has found herself waking up in the middle of the night to check her phone for reports of another homicide. "It weighs on my mind every waking minute and it weighs on my mind when I'm asleep."

City Councilman Brandon Scott, who was a teenager in Baltimore in the 1990s, said the pace of violence drove him into public service. "I'm so sick of this," the 31-year-old said at the scene of a recent killing in his Northeast Baltimore district, as homicide detectives scoured the block. "I'm disappointed in all of us in Baltimore ... from leadership on down, that we have allowed ourselves as a city to fall back to the reason why I got into this work -- to not allow these children to live through what I lived through as a child," he said. Gov. Larry Hogan called the spike "atrocious" and a "horrible situation" that must be solved. "Baltimore City is just out of control with respect to the murder rate," Hogan said in a recent WBAL radio appearance.

US_NEWS_BALTIMORE_HOMICIDE_3_BZ.564826061985e.jpg

Baltimore crime lab recording technician Thomas Wisner takes photos during an investigation into the fatal stabbing of a 27-year-old male​

Shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday, police were called to the 3200 block of West Baltimore Street where they found the victim with multiple stab wounds. He was taken to Shock Trauma but died, police said. The man, who was not identified, had been stabbed around the corner in the first block of N. Abington Ave before running or walking to Baltimore Street where he collapsed, police said. The scene was mostly deserted as dusk fell Saturday. Three children stood behind crime tape and bickered for a while before wandering off. An officer dropped evidence markers at the scene. One marked H stood by a pool of blood in the street while the officer took photographs. The killing was the fifth this year within a block of the intersection of Baltimore and Hilton Streets.

Baltimore's 2015 murder rate currently sits at 47 per 100,000 people, second only to St. Louis, which has also seen a steep spike in gun violence this year. Total shootings in Baltimore are up nearly 80 percent over the comparable period last year, while other types of crime, including robbery and burglary, have also increased. Efforts to combat the street crime come as the Department of Justice continues an investigation into allegations of brutality and other issues within the Baltimore Police Department. Meanwhile, the city is bracing for the first of six trials for the police officers charged in Gray's arrest and death; it is scheduled to begin Nov. 30.

MORE

One hundred people have been killed in Baltimore this year, a grim milestone that has come faster than in previous years.

Baltimore reaches 100 homicides for year with overnight shootings - Baltimore Sun

The pace of killing is faster than last year, when 71 people were killed by this time. The number of homicides last reached 100 by late May in 2007; the city reached that number on July 4 last year.

Baltimore Shootings Spike 70%, Murder Rate Up 42%

Baltimore...what`s going on? Looks like Baltimor have a real problem
So one thought: maybe they need to protest thug violence and gangs? Instead of the deterioration of image and increase of hostility

Probably that's really an overall tendency but I think such a crime limp in Baltimore is due to recent civilian unrest over there because I don't remember anything alike happened there the last year.

you're right..it was "only" 235...5th in the nation..Looks like they're going for #1 this year. :popcorn:

here's last years stats
New FBI statistics: Baltimore No. 5 in murder rate

Forum List

Back