Ban This Breed

It all depends on how they're trained. We have two who are sweethearts. They will bite you if you come into the yard without permission.

But so will the german shepherd and the husky.

Yeah, everyone who owns one who has killed a person says the same thing. Oh but they're so sweet,

It isn't close. Pit Bulls are the most lethal breed in our country. Probably in the world.
They're trained to fight. Ours aren't.

Why not complain about german shepherds and huskies? They'll chew you to pieces, too.
Mine wasn’t either! He is dead now, I had him killed after he tried to kill my JRT. Hand raised him from a little puppy!
Nice!

Most people would kill their JRTs.
Why?

It all depends on how they're trained. We have two who are sweethearts. They will bite you if you come into the yard without permission.

Yeah, everyone who owns one who has killed a person says the same thing. Oh but they're so sweet,

It isn't close. Pit Bulls are the most lethal breed in our country. Probably in the world.

Why not complain about german shepherds and huskies? They'll chew you to pieces, too.
Mine wasn’t either! He is dead now, I had him killed after he tried to kill my JRT. Hand raised him from a little puppy!
Nice!

Why?
Easier. Choke them out.

Do they ever stop barking?

Nice!

Why?
Easier. Choke them out.

You must not know JRTs.

And yet there are Millions of them in the Country and you have one attack. Get back to us when 10 or more percent of the breed are accused of attacking people.

I'm not in favor of "banning" the breed, I don't know how that could be done.

No one can deny that they are a particularly dangerous breed. One need only watch a few episodes of Pit Bulls and Parolees. They have several hundred rescued Pit Bulls. The adoption process they go through is exhausting, right down to inspecting the property to see to it that the yard has a high enough, sturdy fence to keep them from escaping.

As a kid, (teen) I worked part-time as a "gopher" at a guard/attack dog training facility in Miami. They would not accept Pit Bulls for training.

dog-attack-statistics-X2-XL.jpg

Nice!

Why?
Easier. Choke them out.

You must not know JRTs.
Do they ever stop jumping up and down and barking?

Neither have anywhere near the record of Pit Bulls. I was raised by a German Shepherd who had an Honorable Discharge from the Army right after WW-II. My folks owned her and her brother before I was born. The male was lost. The document looked exactly like my Ol' Man's and my own except where it specified the division. Her's said K-9.

Labradors have more attacks on people.....when i was carrying mail smaller dogs attacked more than the big ones,most big ones barked,but stood their ground,little ones ran right up to you and did their thing.......

Labs do NOT have more attacks on people.

Yep, small dogs can be yappy and nip. However, even with a pack of them, I've never seen a Yorkshire Terrier, Chihuahuas, Shitzus, Corgis or any of a hundred others grab someone by the ankle, tackle them and kill them.

Neither have anywhere near the record of Pit Bulls. I was raised by a German Shepherd who had an Honorable Discharge from the Army right after WW-II. My folks owned her and her brother before I was born. The male was lost. The document looked exactly like my Ol' Man's and my own except where it specified the division. Her's said K-9.

My ten year old step great granddaughter has a ex marine German shepherd. The girl was in an abusive household with her mother and has serious issues with her personal safety. Her dad got her a military dog. Cadence sniffs the house for bombs every night. Did you know that a dog can scare bad guys away with that sniffer alone.

There's a reason the military and the police use them.

Our pitties have never bitten anyone. The shepherd and the husky both have.

And yet there are Millions of them in the Country and you have one attack. Get back to us when 10 or more percent of the breed are accused of attacking people.
One attack? Are you out of your mind?
You don't have thousands now do you? There are millions of these dogs in the US and you would condemn them all because a couple attacked someone.
I did not condemn any of the living ones! Listen up! I said stop breeding them. One death is one too many! This guy is disfigured for life and if help wasn’t nearby he would be dead! There have been many such attacks. I can remember one of the most recent. Remember the father whose daughter was killed and partially eaten by the two pet pit bulls she owned? Wanna try to justify that?

No one is justifying anything.

Lethal and seriously disfiguring dog attacks are exceedingly rare bit sensationalized. When you take into account that there are thousands of pit bulls, most of whom, never cause problems, calling for a ban is ridiculous. It also does nothing to address the real issue, irresponsible owners who will just find another breed. Before Pits, it was Rotties, before that, it was Dobermans. Tackle the human part of the problem and the part will sort itself out.

True Pit Bulls have a different instinct to them when it comes to fighting other dogs, as they dont raise up on their hind legs, but go low to get the other dogs legs, usually hind legs.

And the Pit Bulls have something called 'lock jaw' where they are very difficult to shake lose. That is why a lot of rural sherriffs and deputies just kill them on sight when serving warrants; these are lethal dogs.

All that said, that makes them very valuable dogs and an irreplaceable breed.

When I was in the infantry, I knew a Samoan who had deep bite scars on his forearm. He said a Pit bit him and wouldnt let go, so he lifted the dog up with his forearm and gutted the dog wioth a pocket knife.

The dog still wouldnt let go. My friend said he was in hellasheous pain, but he knew he had to get that dog off him or he wojld bleed out, so he started knifing the dog in the neck over and over hoping that enough blood loss to the head would make the dog let loose.

Finally the dog let go of him and fell to the ground unconscious and eventually died.

When the medics got to him, he was about gone himself, said he was bleeding like a fountain. The forearm does have a boatload of veins and arteries, lol.

But he lived to tell the tale and all his pocket knives now clip to the top of his pocket and can be opened with one hand and his forearm is a good conversation piece...

True Pit Bulls have a different instinct to them when it comes to fighting other dogs, as they dont raise up on their hind legs, but go low to get the other dogs legs, usually hind legs.

And the Pit Bulls have something called 'lock jaw' where they are very difficult to shake lose. That is why a lot of rural sherriffs and deputies just kill them on sight when serving warrants; these are lethal dogs.

All that said, that makes them very valuable dogs and an irreplaceable breed.
cado, if you ran into a Pit Bull in the dark at night and it growled at you, you would shit your pants, broski.

Since pit bulls were bred for bloodsport, it's not surprising that they kill and/or maul people and other animals.

Since pit bulls were bred for bloodsport, it's not surprising that they kill and/or maul people and other animals.
Actually, any fighting Piut Bull that attacks a human being is immediately put down.

They have had their instinct to attack humans bred down, if not out.

The only Pit Bulls that attack people are trained to do so or they are protecting their pack (owner and family).

Pit bulls are the most overrated dogs. I’d never get one. That said, I’ve known some really nice pits in terms of temperment.

I guess it depends on what you want to use them for, like any other dog. They are not big, but they are athletic, vicious when provoked and will fight to the death.

Not a good thing for a lap dog seeker.

Mostly Piut Bulls were bred by letting dogs fight for scaps in the English trash piles. Over centuries they would up with some fairly tough dogs.

Pit bulls are the most overrated dogs. I’d never get one. That said, I’ve known some really nice pits in terms of temperment.

I guess it depends on what you want to use them for, like any other dog. They are not big, but they are athletic, vicious when provoked and will fight to the death.

Not a good thing for a lap dog seeker.
We have a pack of dogs of many breeds. The chihuahua female is the pack leader. She terrorizes them when they're puppies and when they grow up they're still afraid of her. It's funny to see big pit bulls cower down for this queen.

Forum List

Back