Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

Of course not, but it happened. He sang it right in front of a giant rebel flag to a house full of Alabama hillbillies. They loved it.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

The singer does have a solo effort with a song called "N*gger Fucker".

In 1982, Coe released another independent album, Underground Album, which contained his most controversial song, "****** Fucker", which resulted in Coe being accused of racism.[10][11] Coe responded to the accusations by stating "Anyone that hears this album and says I'm a racist is full of shit."[6] Coe's drummer, Kerry Brown, is black and married to a white woman, as was Brown's late father, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.[8]

David Allan Coe - Wikipedia

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the state booting the band, it's a state run affair.

So you think the State can ignore the 1st amendment?

Mel Brooks made a whole movie using the word ******, actors said it. Are they also to be banned?

How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.
Of course not, but it happened. He sang it right in front of a giant rebel flag to a house full of Alabama hillbillies. They loved it.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

In 1982, Coe released another independent album, Underground Album, which contained his most controversial song, "****** Fucker", which resulted in Coe being accused of racism.[10][11] Coe responded to the accusations by stating "Anyone that hears this album and says I'm a racist is full of shit."[6] Coe's drummer, Kerry Brown, is black and married to a white woman, as was Brown's late father, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.[8]

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the state booting the band, it's a state run affair.
then why were they hired to begin with if this was way back in 1982 and so well known?

Someone didn't do their due diligence I would presume. Then again, this is Southern Illinois, it might as well be the most rural parts of Alabama, pretty backward part of the country.

Coe isn't in the band.....

Yep, you're right, they backed him.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

Mel Brooks made a whole movie using the word ******, actors said it. Are they also to be banned?

How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.
Buuuulllssshiiittt.

then why were they hired to begin with if this was way back in 1982 and so well known?

Someone didn't do their due diligence I would presume. Then again, this is Southern Illinois, it might as well be the most rural parts of Alabama, pretty backward part of the country.

Coe isn't in the band.....

Yep, you're right, they backed him.

Wow, talk about moving goalposts. The reason given for the cancellation was the name, now progs are backfilling other reasons in.

Just admit you are a censoring twat-waddle.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.

The government took action based on speech or content. That is in direct violation of the 1st amendment.

The Stars and Bars are not a Swastika no matter how much anti-fa cucks like you try to equate the two.

and since giving them this leeway did instill a sense of "righteous power" in their minds, it's gonna get ugly when people stop giving them that illusion.
Yeah, that's the question. The problem is in the way the pushback is done.

If it's done with combat, things will only get worse. If it's done with reason, maybe some improvements can be made.
if those on the left doing this were reasonable to begin with, they'd never have taken it this far.
Sure. The question is how to solve the problem.
oddly enough while i'm not a fan of how trump does things, he may be the perfect "child" to deal with those "children".

in any event, i think this epstein thing is going to shake things up and a lot of people will be playing hard to get at the prison dances soon. when that happens we'll see what's left and go from there.
I'm betting the current powers that be will not prosecute and no one at all will be convicted. I will be surprised if every last swinging pair, whether they swing high or low, will be Hillary'ed and not prosecuted despite the evidence for doing so being there.
i don't think there's an option to hide or make this go away again. too many people know. the left has already blamed and convicted trump, many on the right, clinton. given the hacking that goes on these days, nothing is going to stay "safe" and the list of names who were on the island will get out.

if this gets overlooked - again - then you may as well just take a dump on a high speed fan cause it's going to get nasty out there.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

as for your emotional wannabe's, no one gives a shit anymore.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

you don't like them, so they are backwards.

got it.

back to ignore and a hearty FUCK OFF on my way there to you.

they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

you don't like them, so they are backwards.

got it.

back to ignore and a hearty FUCK OFF on my way there to you.

^snowflake

I've spent a lot of time in Southern Illinois, it's not exactly a forward thinking part of the country.

boy o boy , man o man . Its quite the FREE Country that's being built eh . -------------------- just a comment and yeah , I know , the venue may or can censor but my point remains my point .

Last edited:

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

Try educating yourself on the subject for once.

boy o boy , man o man . Its quite the FREE Country that's being built . -------------------- just a comment and yeah , I know , the venue can censor but my point remains my point .

What was your point? That the state fair should be forced to showcase a band with the confederate flag i

The government took action based on speech or content. That is in direct violation of the 1st amendment.

No it's not. The state isn't required to pay anyone for their speech.

The Stars and Bars are not a Swastika no matter how much anti-fa cucks like you try to equate the two.

Then what's the difference, free speech is free speech, right? If you ban a band with a swastika in their logo then isn't that also banning their first amendment rights according to your logic?

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

Even many in Southern Illinois don't care for the confederate flag. Perhaps those in East St. Louis.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.
The State Fair doesn't have the right to make such a call?

boy o boy , man o man . Its quite the FREE Country that's being built . -------------------- just a comment and yeah , I know , the venue can censor but my point remains my point .

What was your point? That the state fair should be forced to showcase a band with the confederate flag i

Then what's the difference, free speech is free speech, right? If you ban a band with a swastika in their logo then isn't that also banning their first amendment rights according to your logic?

Stop going Godwin to make your point. It makes you look more retarded than you actually are.

They were invited, they were cancelled based on the name of their band, which is protected speech. it was a government agency doing the cancelling.

The government is wrong in this case.

-------------------------- sounds to me like its censorship based on the Bands Name . And as I said , looks like a pretty nasty 'pc' nation that you guys are building HJoy .

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?

BS! Your story is just BS, thanks for the lie today.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.
The State Fair doesn't have the right to make such a call?

to invite or not invite may be allowed, but once they were invited, they were cancelled because of their name, which is protected speech.

The reason for the cancellation is a violation of government's inability to pick and choose protected content.

Even many in Southern Illinois don't care for the confederate flag. Perhaps those in East St. Louis.

I don't care for your name or your avatar. please take it down.

Stop going Godwin to make your point. It makes you look more retarded than you actually are.

They were invited, they were cancelled based on the name of their band, which is protected speech. it was a government agency doing the cancelling.

The government is wrong in this case.

I don't see how them being invited and then dis invited makes any difference as long as contracts are followed. But I do see your first amendment argument went up in smoke and you refuse to defend it.

Forum List

Back