Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

boy o boy , man o man . Its quite the FREE Country that's being built . -------------------- just a comment and yeah , I know , the venue can censor but my point remains my point .

What was your point? That the state fair should be forced to showcase a band with the confederate flag i
So you think the State can ignore the 1st amendment?

Mel Brooks made a whole movie using the word ******, actors said it. Are they also to be banned?

How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.

The government took action based on speech or content. That is in direct violation of the 1st amendment.

No it's not. The state isn't required to pay anyone for their speech.

The Stars and Bars are not a Swastika no matter how much anti-fa cucks like you try to equate the two.

Then what's the difference, free speech is free speech, right? If you ban a band with a swastika in their logo then isn't that also banning their first amendment rights according to your logic?
------------------------------------------ why ever would I want to ban a flag with a 'swastika' on it . I think that 'swastikas' are allowed in the USA aren't they HJoy ??

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

Try educating yourself on the subject for once.

Even many in Southern Illinois don't care for the confederate flag. Perhaps those in East St. Louis.

I don't care for your name or your avatar. please take it down.

No.

Hypocrite.

How so?

Your avatar offends me, based on your rules if something offends it must be removed.

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

-------------------------- sounds to me like its censorship based on the Bands Name . And as I said , looks like a pretty nasty 'pc' nation that you guys are building HJoy .

Nobody is denying the right for the band to exist or call themselves whatever they want. Doesn't give them a pass to appear anywhere they want thought. I'm sure the fair is simply looking for non-controversial entertainment, not making a political statement. I can understand that.

They are not a political band.

Didn't say they were.

Their name is not a political statement.

That morons like you see politics in everything to justify your miserable existence is not our issue, its yours.

Getting the vapors over a band name just shows how weak willed and squishy you all are.

Like I said, I didn't say they were political. I'm just defending the Illinois dept. of Agriculture for making a decision. I can understand them wanting to find entertainment that doesn't include symbolism that many interpret as hateful. No laws were broken, nobody's right were trampled.

These little pantywaists that get offended over certain politically correct words are annoying as hell. Grow up already!
they get offended every time it suits their purposes or it can help them be "in control".

like i said - people have had enough. i don't deny that some may find it offensive. i just don't give a damn anymore about 5% of the people telling 95% what they can and can't do.

This is all about the LEFT'S obsession with CONTROL. That's why they have to ban and remove everything they don't like. Instead of just ignoring, or not choosing to view something they must take it away FROM YOU. It is Fascism and Tyranny.

-------------------------- sounds to me like its censorship based on the Bands Name . And as I said , looks like a pretty nasty 'pc' nation that you guys are building HJoy .

Nobody is denying the right for the band to exist or call themselves whatever they want. Doesn't give them a pass to appear anywhere they want thought. I'm sure the fair is simply looking for non-controversial entertainment, not making a political statement. I can understand that.

Didn't say they were.

That morons like you see politics in everything to justify your miserable existence is not our issue, its yours.

Getting the vapors over a band name just shows how weak willed and squishy you all are.

Like I said, I didn't say they were political. I'm just defending the Illinois dept. of Agriculture for making a decision. I can understand them wanting to find entertainment that doesn't include symbolism that many interpret as hateful. No laws were broken, nobody's right were trampled.

They made a decision based on content. Government can't do that without a really good reason.

Some snowflake fucktard like you having a queef-fest over a band name isn't a good reason.

boy o boy , man o man . Its quite the FREE Country that's being built . -------------------- just a comment and yeah , I know , the venue can censor but my point remains my point .

What was your point? That the state fair should be forced to showcase a band with the confederate flag i
How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.

The government took action based on speech or content. That is in direct violation of the 1st amendment.

No it's not. The state isn't required to pay anyone for their speech.

The Stars and Bars are not a Swastika no matter how much anti-fa cucks like you try to equate the two.

Then what's the difference, free speech is free speech, right? If you ban a band with a swastika in their logo then isn't that also banning their first amendment rights according to your logic?
------------------------------------------ why ever would I want to ban a flag with a 'swastika' on it . I think that 'swastikas' are allowed in the USA aren't they HJoy ??

I don't think swastikas have been outlawed, but you're not going to find a lot of argument against the state paying people to promote it either. See how that works?

These little pantywaists that get offended over certain politically correct words are annoying as hell. Grow up already!
they get offended every time it suits their purposes or it can help them be "in control".

like i said - people have had enough. i don't deny that some may find it offensive. i just don't give a damn anymore about 5% of the people telling 95% what they can and can't do.

This is all about the LEFT'S obsession with CONTROL. That's why they have to ban and remove everything they don't like. Instead of just ignoring, or not choosing to view something they must take it away FROM YOU. It is Fascism and Tyranny.

And then they try to wrap it in the flag of freedom and "choice"

Why claiming unity....

LOL

they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

as for your emotional wannabe's, no one gives a shit anymore.

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

-------------------------------- By the arguments I see in this thread condoning Censorship my main point remains . Its a heckuva 'PC' and Unfree Nation that YOU guys are building HJoy .

Didn't say they were.

They made a decision based on content. Government can't do that without a really good reason.

Some snowflake fucktard like you having a queef-fest over a band name isn't a good reason.

Queef-fest????
OMG I laughed way to hard at that...
Thank you

they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

as for your emotional wannabe's, no one gives a shit anymore.

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

-------------------------------- By the arguments I see in this thread condoning Censorship my main point remains . Its a heckuva 'PC' and Unfree Nation that YOU guys are building HJoy .

I don't see how the state paying performers who use symbols that represent slavery (whatever the intention of the band) is out of line. The Confederate Railroad will do just fine, plenty of other venues. If you're concerned that symbols of hatred and enslavement aren't as accepted as they used to be then I guess you're going to have to deal with it.

Didn't say they were.

Yeah, it appears they made the decision based on content. Duh.

I personally don't care one way or another about the band, I simply understand the states decision.

The band "The Grateful Dead" remained popular despite the suicide rate among fans (they even called them deadheads) but they ban the "Confederate Railroad". WTF

You think Greatful Dead fans name came around because of their suicide rate?

Hate to ask, got a link?
not what he said....

It's not? He didn't imply Deadheads got their name because of their high suicide rate? Which also doesn't appear to be true.

Didn't say they were.

Queef-fest????
Thank you

I've fallen into a rut with my insults of useless protoplasm like Happy-jackoff, Trying to up my game.

Didn't say they were.

Queef-fest????
Thank you

I've fallen into a rut with my insults of useless protoplasm like Happy-jackoff, Trying to up my game.

Your name calling just looks like juvenile frustration, no harm done.

Didn't say they were.

I personally don't care one way or another about the band, I simply understand the states decision.

Government can't make decisions on content with regards to speech in general, unless there is another compelling interest.

The State was wrong to invite and disinvite over the name of the band, and one journalist being a snarky asshole.

Again, if we go by that Standard, you should change your avatar because it offends me.

Queef-fest????
Thank you

And your positions look like sucking Stalin's cock.

Didn't say they were.

Government can't make decisions on content with regards to speech in general, unless there is another compelling interest.

They can. The state apparently is concerned that the rebel flag is a symbol of hate and slavery. Since many of the states citizens are black and the purpose is to entertain their citizens I think they have a point in dis inviting them. They still get paid.

The State was wrong to invite and disinvite over the name of the band, and one journalist being a snarky asshole.

Sure, the state screwed up, I agree with that. They should have never invited them and put a little extra scrutiny in who they originally booked. Or, if they don't care about the rebel flag then just let them play. It looks clumsy, no doubt.

Again, if we go by that Standard, you should change your avatar because it offends me.

Last I checked the government isn't telling anyone on this board what avatar they can use. Odd argument on your part.

Queef-fest????
Thank you

And your positions look like sucking Stalin's cock.

See what I mean? Your impotent rage doesn't mean anything to me.

--------------------------- for me , I don't care if the Majority get offended . Just a comment .

Forum List

Back