Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.
they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

as for your emotional wannabe's, no one gives a shit anymore.

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

Try educating yourself on the subject for once.
-------------------------- sounds to me like its censorship based on the Bands Name . And as I said , looks like a pretty nasty 'pc' nation that you guys are building HJoy .

Nobody is denying the right for the band to exist or call themselves whatever they want. Doesn't give them a pass to appear anywhere they want thought. I'm sure the fair is simply looking for non-controversial entertainment, not making a political statement. I can understand that.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.
they put the band on the list and have a contract for $7500. if the band decides not to play in the area in the next 60 days, they're paying the band regardless.

Well, I believe they did find somewhere else to play, however I can understand they are due to be paid if they were initially booked.

Lot's of people don't care to see the confederate flag for what is supposed to be a state wide event for all of its citizens to enjoy. The fact that you can't understand that doesn't really matter, the band won't be at the fair.

Actually this fair is for the Southern Part of the State, which ID's more with St Louis and Nashville than Chicago. There is one in Springfield for people in the northern part of the State.

Even many in Southern Illinois don't care for the confederate flag. Perhaps those in East St. Louis.

I don't care for your name or your avatar. please take it down.

No.

The band "The Grateful Dead" remained popular despite the suicide rate among fans (they even called them deadheads) but they ban the "Confederate Railroad". WTF

swastika or Confederate Flag , makes no difference to me . Both should be allowed in a FREE Country .

The band "The Grateful Dead" remained popular despite the suicide rate among fans (they even called them deadheads) but they ban the "Confederate Railroad". WTF

You think Greatful Dead fans name came around because of their suicide rate?

Hate to ask, got a link?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

Even many in Southern Illinois don't care for the confederate flag. Perhaps those in East St. Louis.
------------------------------- so what , let the Fairgoers skip the Bands performance HJoy .

These little pantywaists that get offended over certain politically correct words are annoying as hell. Grow up already!

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?
Of course not, but it happened. He sang it right in front of a giant rebel flag to a house full of Alabama hillbillies. They loved it.
what the hell were you doing in a house full of Alabama hillbillies?...

-------------------------- sounds to me like its censorship based on the Bands Name . And as I said , looks like a pretty nasty 'pc' nation that you guys are building HJoy .

Nobody is denying the right for the band to exist or call themselves whatever they want. Doesn't give them a pass to appear anywhere they want thought. I'm sure the fair is simply looking for non-controversial entertainment, not making a political statement. I can understand that.

They are not a political band.

------------------------------- so what , let the Fairgoers skip the Bands performance HJoy .

I guess that's exactly what is going to happen.

No.

Hypocrite.

Didn't say they were.

They're a country band from Marietta. The promoters knew this when they booked them and will have to pay anyway.

I'd be up there goin' "Skynrrr! Skynrrr! Skynrrr!"

No.

Hypocrite.

How so?

These little pantywaists that get offended over certain politically correct words are annoying as hell. Grow up already!
they get offended every time it suits their purposes or it can help them be "in control".

like i said - people have had enough. i don't deny that some may find it offensive. i just don't give a damn anymore about 5% of the people telling 95% what they can and can't do.

Didn't say they were.

Their name is not a political statement.

That morons like you see politics in everything to justify your miserable existence is not our issue, its yours.

Getting the vapors over a band name just shows how weak willed and squishy you all are.

Yeah, that's the question. The problem is in the way the pushback is done.

If it's done with combat, things will only get worse. If it's done with reason, maybe some improvements can be made.
if those on the left doing this were reasonable to begin with, they'd never have taken it this far.
Sure. The question is how to solve the problem.
oddly enough while i'm not a fan of how trump does things, he may be the perfect "child" to deal with those "children".

in any event, i think this epstein thing is going to shake things up and a lot of people will be playing hard to get at the prison dances soon. when that happens we'll see what's left and go from there.
I'm betting the current powers that be will not prosecute and no one at all will be convicted. I will be surprised if every last swinging pair, whether they swing high or low, will be Hillary'ed and not prosecuted despite the evidence for doing so being there.
i don't think there's an option to hide or make this go away again. too many people know. the left has already blamed and convicted trump, many on the right, clinton. given the hacking that goes on these days, nothing is going to stay "safe" and the list of names who were on the island will get out.

if this gets overlooked - again - then you may as well just take a dump on a high speed fan cause it's going to get nasty out there.

Specifically on Epstein's Lolita Express, I'll bet a whole nickel if anyone is convicted it'll be some low level employee stooge for something they were told to do. Those that need to be convicted will get off with only the slightest taps on the wrist, and IF there is a high level prosecution, someone somewhere will grant a pardon. I hope not, but my tarot cards are speaking such.
The money machine for either side is gonna pull the plug on this and I just wonder what will distract us from this real soon... Another investigation into Trump? No, most of America is just sick of the bullshit.... Wall Street fiasco? Possibly, but may not be enough.. I don't know, but, again, I bet something will swallow up the news cycle so that our instant gratification society will have a distraction from it and therefore, no shit hitting the fan.... At least not on this one.
Just too much damn money involved.

They're a country band from Marietta. The promoters knew this when they booked them and will have to pay anyway.

Congratulations, this is actually a true statement and one that didn't involve threatening other members of the board, I'm proud of you.

Forum List

Back