‘Barbie’ Blows Past Box Office Expectations — and ‘Oppenheimer’ — on Opening Weekend

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The "Go woke, go broke" myth from the extremists loses again...

BizFX7M.jpeg

And there's more where that came from.

Last edited:
I can see a lotta newborn baby girls are gonna be called Barbie now.... jeeshh. what have we done?

No idea why the crazies have their panties in a knot over Barbie. It's not as goofy as when they got upset because M&Ms wouldn't be as sexy any more, but it's still pretty goofy.

really? I guess I missed where people weere upset about a doll movie.. Im sure its pretty funny.

No idea why the crazies have their panties in a knot over Barbie. It's not as goofy as when they got upset because M&Ms wouldn't be as sexy any more, but it's still pretty goofy.

really? I guess I missed where people weere upset about a doll movie.. Im sure its pretty funny.
The "Go woke, go broke" myth from the extremists loses again...

BizFX7M.jpeg

And there's more where that came from.

Barbie Dolls are an institution.... In this case the curiosity factor outweighs any WOKE blow back, by a landslide,,IMO...

"Barbie" 'the movie' is light, fluff, humor ~ popcorn movie fair which many want to see during the hot Summer movie season. Don't bother to ascribe too much social message here, it's just basic fun entertainment. You want social message ~ relevance; go see "Oppenheimer" (an equally good movie but on a serious scale rather than a humor scale).

I've heard that Barbie was directed by a feminist and does have some sharp edges here and there, that it's not all fluff and stuff. The same woman reviewed Oppenheimer and said it was riveting for the entire 3 hours.

Doubt very much this garbage has legs.

It hid the fact that’s it’s a horrible preachy 4th wave feminist movie with good marketing.

Forum List

Back