Barcelona attack

From el periodico
Police cordon in Barcelona. Police cordon in Barcelona. / AP / MANU FERNANDEZ The Mossos d'Esquadra are surrounded by a bar on the Rambla, near La Boqueria, where the authors of the attack seem to have taken refuge, although the information is still very confusing at the moment. The assailants could be between two and three people armed and, according to police sources, have taken several hostages.

Beautiful country. Went all over. As I was watching the busy spectacular treelined streets in Barcelona packed with lively people shopping or hanging out in a cafe, I kept asking myself, "this place is like a ticking time bomb, why have terrorists not struck here?" And as we can see it just happened, less than a week after I got back.

Islam is a cancer to modern civilization.

What's this got to do with "Islam"? You know something the police don't?

You were in Spain and you don't know about Catalonian separatists or what?
Everytime Islamic animals strike, you come out and day shit like this, only to be proven wrong. ISIS is already celebrating.

How is Iran taking it? Hamas? ----more just chatting----have basques ever engaged
in RUN OVER TERRORISM?

Not Basques, Catalans. Different region. Basques are in the Pyrenees.

There are always multiple separatist movements and actions going on especially in Europe. "Many sides".

Not long ago there was another terrorist attack in Turkey --- zippos like the OP jumped in there too whining about "Islam", ignorant of the existence of the PKK. Another example of the bottomless well of ignorance that is USMB.

pogo dear------da kurds is muslims too

Right, as is the rest of Turkey, so they have that in common. Therefore it can't be an "Islam against Judeo-Christianism" thing or whatever the wackballs were trying to sell.

Separatism is separatism. It's always about territory and autonomy. Nobody ever characterized the IRA as "Christian terrorists".

For that matter DAESH is about the same thing --- power and territory. Statistically they have killed more Muslims than practicants of any other religion. The bigot shit-stirrers like the OP wish that weren't the case but ---- it is.

My son was recently there and also saw a flamenco show. They sent me video of it. About a month ago. He loves Spain.
From MSN, Heard multiple places there may be a hostage situation

Soon after the crash, Spain's El Periodico newspaper reported that two armed men were holed up in a bar in Barcelona's city center, and reported gunfire in the area, although it did not cite the source of the information. It was not immediately clear whether the incidents were connected.

After the van crash, emergency services said people should not go to the area around Barcelona's Placa Catalunya, one of the city's main squares at the top of the famous Las Ramblas avenue, and requested the closure of nearby train and metro stations. El Pais newspaper said the driver of the vehicle had fled on foot after mowing down dozens of people. Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said he was in contact with authorities, and the priority was to attend to the injured.

a Turkish restaurant ----no less
A Spanish news chanel has claimed the attackers are of North African origin.

This is so eery because we saw an amazing Andalusian style flamenco show in that exact area and dined there several times.

How is Iran taking it? Hamas? ----more just chatting----have basques ever engaged
in RUN OVER TERRORISM?

oh------I kinda thought all separatists are Basques-----I have never been to Spain----but
I did do Spanish in junior high. uno dos tres quarto cinco ----etc

Nor have I been there, nor have I ever studied Spanish :dunno:

Catalan is pretty closely related but Basque is an entirely different language unrelated to anything. Which is fascinating because it indicates it's ancient, predating the whole Indo-European family.

there is a very old "Spanish/portugese" synagogue in Manhattan NY something like
from the seventeenth century------I have been there-----does that qualify me for citizenship?

Actually I know Portuguese (and French) far better than I know Spanish. That helps me navigate Spanish.

I'm not sure there are buildings in Manhattan from the 17th century though. Might wanna check that.

the original building fell down------but they got some original artifacts in there

Soon after the crash, Spain's El Periodico newspaper reported that two armed men were holed up in a bar in Barcelona's city center, and reported gunfire in the area, although it did not cite the source of the information. It was not immediately clear whether the incidents were connected.

After the van crash, emergency services said people should not go to the area around Barcelona's Placa Catalunya, one of the city's main squares at the top of the famous Las Ramblas avenue, and requested the closure of nearby train and metro stations. El Pais newspaper said the driver of the vehicle had fled on foot after mowing down dozens of people. Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said he was in contact with authorities, and the priority was to attend to the injured.

This is so eery because we saw an amazing Andalusian style flamenco show in that exact area and dined there several times.

let me guess COPTS

My son was recently there and also saw a flamenco show. They sent me video of it. About a month ago.

Maybe the same one that I saw. The one I saw is known to be one of the best. It was very different. They nearly broke the floor.

let me guess COPTS
The broadcast said Algerian, Moroccan, Libyan, etc.

I was walking through Calaveras County and all these frogs showed up and I could hardly walk without stepping on them. Damn terrorist frogs. We need to build a wall around Calaveras. BELIEVE ME it'll be beautiful.

let me guess COPTS

Let me guess --- the same shit-stirrer that couldn't come up with the link he was asked for in post 2 ----- didn't post one for this claim either.

He must think we're all stoopid.

I was walking through Calaveras County and all these frogs showed up and I could hardly walk without stepping on them. Damn terrorist frogs. We need to build a wall around Calaveras. BELIEVE ME it'll be beautiful.

Were they on many sides? :eusa_think:

let me guess COPTS
The broadcast said Algerian, Moroccan, Libyan, etc.

OH----Spanish speaking JOOOOOS

From Elpais-

A van has wound up several people this afternoon at La Rambla in Barcelona, causing at least a dozen fatalities and numerous injuries. The Mossos d'Esquadra, the autonomous police, has confirmed that this is a coordinated terrorist attack and have identified Driss Oukabir, who has an identification number of foreigners and has rented the van in Santa Perpètua. At the same time, two unidentified people have barricaded themselves in a bar in the Raval, as far as the police have followed them. The situation is still confusing.

Were they on many sides? :eusa_think:

Yes, and I'm not jumping to conclusions! And I noticed there weren't any flies in town while I was there.

As for Spain didn't they have a horrendous terrorist attack on their trains a few years ago?

From elpais

A van has wound up several people this afternoon at La Rambla in Barcelona, causing at least a dozen fatalities and numerous injuries. The Mossos d'Esquadra, the autonomous police, has confirmed that this is a coordinated terrorist attack and have identified Driss Oukabir, who has an identification number of foreigners and has rented the van in Santa Perpètua. At the same time, two unidentified people have barricaded themselves in a bar in the Raval, as far as the police have followed them. The situation is still confusing.

Beautiful country. Went all over. As I was watching the busy spectacular treelined streets in Barcelona packed with lively people shopping or hanging out in a cafe, I kept asking myself, "this place is like a ticking time bomb, why have terrorists not struck here?" And as we can see it just happened, less than a week after I got back.

Islam is a cancer to modern civilization.

What's this got to do with "Islam"? You know something the police don't?

You were in Spain and you don't know about Catalonian separatists or what?
Everytime Islamic animals strike, you come out and day shit like this, only to be proven wrong. ISIS is already celebrating.

in RUN OVER TERRORISM?

oh------I kinda thought all separatists are Basques-----I have never been to Spain----but
I did do Spanish in junior high. uno dos tres quarto cinco ----etc

Here's a page on Separatist/Secessionist movements in Europe, way too many to count in over 20 countries.

Here's a map of those movements in Spain alone (from that page)...

450px-Separatismos_na_Espanha.svg.png

Catalonia would be the lighter green on the right including Majorca. And Barcelona.
The Basques would be the darker green extending into France.
The yellow in the far left would be Galícia. It's marked by the same mountain range that separates Spain and Portugal, hence the language thing.
These have been going on far FAR longer than anything contemporary. Yet vacuums like the OP just stick their fingers in their historical ears and go "Moooooooslims!"

Last edited:
Elpais

Police sources say at least one of the people behind the attack is now holed up in bar in the Raval district of the city.

Natalia Bravo, a witness at the Aromas de Istambul Turkish restaurant, located at number 129 la Rambla, where one of the men responsible for the attack is reportedly holed up, said: “If there is anybody, he's inside.” Bravo says that some 20 people left the restaurant around 6.30pm, most of them women and children. She says she saw about 20 police officers enter the premises, but she had not seen any detainees yet.

Forum List

Back